Notary Rotary
Work from Title companies
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Annette Coppa on 4/26/10 5:32pm
Msg #333619

Can anyone tell me how I sign up for Title Companies. I am a Mobile Notary and the only one here in the town I live in. I worked in the Mortgage field for 7 yrs so I know all about what needs to be signed in all kinds of Programs. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Reply by Cathy/CA on 4/26/10 5:41pm
Msg #333620

Visit each title company. Introduce yourself as a mobile notary with several years experience in the mortgage industry and ask if they have a notary approved list. If they do, ask if you can be added to it. They will give you their application and request various information from you. Be concise when speaking with them, as they are usually very busy. Ask if you can meet with the manager sometime to introduce yourself.

I wish you all the best with growing your business!

Reply by Annette Coppa on 4/26/10 5:50pm
Msg #333622

oh ok, that sounds great. Thank you so much for the information Cathy

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 4/27/10 6:46am
Msg #333683

Always take your copy of commission and leave card with introductory letter.

Reply by Bravo on 4/27/10 12:05pm
Msg #333755

Unfortunately Annette all title companies have in house notaries that do the majority of their own notarizations so that basicly cuts way down on the local assignments you may have been wanting. However, because of the nature of our society these days with people traveling all over the country and having vacation homes in different states, etc. these same title companies often need to send a package out of their area for signing to accomodate their customers. The best thing I can suggest is that you try to utilize the contacts that you made while you were active in the mortgage field. Let them know what you are doing now and market yourself that way. Another way to snag some business is to register with some of the better signing agencies. You can find that list with their ratings on this site. Good luck.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.