Notary Rotary
XYZ called me today
Notary Discussion History

XYZ called me today
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Shoshana/AZ on 4/26/10 1:28pm
Msg #333550

XYZ called me today

They were trying to show me how affordable it is to go to Chicago. I guess this young woman thought I would walk there from Phoenix. Let's just say it's not high on my list of priorities.
I did go once - it was either 2006 or 2007 in LA. I went mostly to meetup with some notary friends from NorCal, SoCal and internet notary friends. I didn't learn anything of value. Just went to have fun!

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/26/10 1:39pm
Msg #333551

hell, I live here and am not going...workshops are just too

expensive and you just confirmed what I was thinking might happen to me to...that I may not learn anything new and waste my money....um...no thanks!

I might go to meet up with any notaries on this forum that may be going...Wink

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 4/26/10 1:45pm
Msg #333553

Re: hell, I live here and am not going...workshops are just too

The one thing that I did get out of that was a new client.
Meeting up with people is a lot of fun and educational as well.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 4/26/10 9:23pm
Msg #333653

Re: Conference

I received the same call..She was so nice..But I told her that I was not interested in going to Chicago!

When I went to New Orleans on 2008 it was a lof of fun and I met a lot of great people. But that trip was paid for me by xyz..and it was an amazing experience. It is very pricey to attend!

Reply by Roger_OH on 4/26/10 9:41pm
Msg #333660

Hey, I'm goin'!!

Chicago in June - not too hot yet, and the Cubbies are in town that week. Will also catch the Second City Theatre show, the amazing Vietnam Veterans Art museum, and grab Chicago Bob for a meal. The Untouchables Tour is fun too, maybe toss in a nice boat ride on the lake for dinner.

Relatively short and rather pleasant drive, and a mostly tax-deductible week. What's not to like...
Oh, I guess I'll pop in to the XYZ show while I'm in the neighborhood and maybe hook up with any NotRoters there. Any excuse to visit Chi-town!

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 4/26/10 11:48pm
Msg #333668

Looking forward to seeing you good bud. Hope to have

pix of Hawks hoisting the Stanley Cup

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.