Notary Rotary
eFax
Notary Discussion History

eFax
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by JP/FL on 4/3/10 8:55am
Msg #330192

eFax

I have signed up for the free eFax and have recieved my free email number. What a time I have been having to try to get the darn thing to work.

Does anyone out there have the eFax? Do I need any special software? I have tried doing what the eFax download says to do, but nothing seems to work out. I cannot open the pdf file when I download it. It says that it was damaged or it wasn't saved in the right formate.

Can anyone give me a few tips how to get this free eFax to work.

Thanks
Judy/FL

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/3/10 9:29am
Msg #330194

Judy: I have used eFax successfully for years. I am assuming you have the paid account, which is what I have.

You need to set your options in the account area of eFax.com to be "deliver faxes in *.pdf". I am not going to the site to look this up, but I know you have an option to set this because that is how mine is set.

Secondly, make sure you have a reasonably recent version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer to open those PDFs.

If you are having documents delivered to you in the *.efx version, you will need to go to eFax.com and download their software. In fact, if you want to fax out via eFax you'll probably need to download that anyway. It will open either PDF or EFX documents, in my recollection. It will also convert documents to PDF in certain situations.

Good luck.

Reply by JP/FL on 4/3/10 4:50pm
Msg #330236

Brenda, Thank you. I will go back through the process and see if I have missed something.

Reply by Grammyzoom on 4/3/10 9:44am
Msg #330197

Free means you get what you pay for! n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/3/10 10:15am
Msg #330200

Oops...I see that I assumed! A$$ me/you, I get it.

LOL...I use the eFax paid account and it's great. I don't know why so many people don't pay for the premium services they need to run their business smoothly! Throw rotten tomatoes at me. I'm fine with that...I just like to pay and then be able to call/write/get help immediately when there's an issue.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.