Notary Rotary
help please
Notary Discussion History

help please
Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Rebecca Hogan on 4/14/10 1:58pm
Msg #331702

help please

Help, I need to know how to get my name out there. I live in tennessee and I know there is work. I have only gotten 1 call and the company and client were pleased with me but no one else has called. I am new to this and I have paid for premier listing thinking that would help. I have all the requirements and equiptment and off 24 hour. Please any tips woudl be apperciated thanks

Reply by Prosperity on 4/14/10 2:10pm
Msg #331704

Go onto Signing Central and locate all the companies with the highest rating. Click onto their websites or e-mail them. I have contacted no less than 100 companies since I've started. Work is steady now, but it took time. Also, never get comfortable with one or two companies. You will see that they come and go. Continue to introduce yourself to as many companies as possible.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/14/10 2:10pm
Msg #331705

Rebecca, it's been really slow lately for many of us who have been doing this for years. I've been training for another type of work because it's been so slow. I had a good run Dec 2008 - Aug 2009, but besides that it has been really slow for at least three years.

However, there is a list of companies in Singing Central on this website, you could read the reviews and sign up with the good ones by clicking on their website links. Best of luck to you.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 4/14/10 2:23pm
Msg #331706

Hi Rebecca:

I'm in Tennessee also and have been doing this work for over 5 years. I've got to tell you things are unusually slow here in nearly all areas. The experienced SA's that I know are all struggling with the economy. Unlike other areas our state didn't see nearly the downturn so there are not alot of refi's going on. I've been offered several purchases but the refi business has been very very quiet for about 18 months. Good luck! You'll be offered alot of low ball signings, take them at your own risk. I'm very selective about who I work for now due to all the "new" SS's that have cropped up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.