Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
spell check and use of proper and professional grammar....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2010 Index

Posted by Reverse Mortgage of America - Jessica on 4/23/10 6:16pm
Msg #333136

it's more than checking that you've spelled everything correctly, but it makes understanding the context of your post much easier! i'm not perfect but i know that there isn't such a thing as a "quick claim" or "abstrak." i also would never refer to myself as a "legit" business owner.
unless you're scared of people verifying your qualifications or making you look stupid, link your posts to your notrot profile. if you want to remain anonymous, why bother replying in this discussion forum.
IMO

Reply by cawest/PA on 4/23/10 8:01pm
Msg #333144

Some just want to keep their info private and be visible to TC's only that search the site.
Nothing wrong with that ... it is called FREEDOM of CHOICE.

Reply by Reverse Mortgage of America - Jessica on 4/23/10 8:31pm
Msg #333148

what are your reasons for linking to your profile? i'm not trying to pick a fight, but to put some more reasons out there as to why more notaries should consider linking their notrot profiles.
my reasoning has always been that i consider it free advertising. there's always the possibility that a potential client is reading my insight on these boards and finds it worth their time to contact me for a signing. as long as i remain professional in my posts and don't get defensive or personally attack anyone, i don't worry about my posts affecting me negatively.

Reply by cawest/PA on 4/23/10 9:03pm
Msg #333157

I choose to link (my freedom of choice), my business address is listed and my business phone number ... but in the end nobody has my private address or numbers (besides one notary in here) ... as I daid it is a personal choice ... I link, you link and some link and some do not.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 4/23/10 9:34pm
Msg #333170

Me too, Jessica. Well said. n/m

Reply by Robert/FL on 4/24/10 10:28am
Msg #333249

Jessica there was no need to bring this up again

There is no need for every member to link to their profile. Some of us wish to remain semi-anonymous to prevent people from finding their home address, phone number, and last name. I don't see any problem with that. I come on this forum to discuss notarial law and procedure not promote myself to signing services, so the only thing that would be accomplished by my linking to my profile is that other members would be able to see it, which I don't want.

And just FYI, your original post did not use any capitalization. How is that for "proper and professional grammar"?

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/24/10 9:42pm
Msg #333354

Plus her profile has a sentence fragment in it n/m

Reply by Jessica Ward on 4/24/10 12:19pm
Msg #333281

I'm a grammar/spelling loon (I do a lot of freelance writing). One of the things I love for the Web when a spell-check isn't always available is using Google Chrome as a browser. It has the little red and green "squiggle lines" like Microsoft Word to indicate misspellings.

It's also much faster than Explorer. But warning, it doesn't work well for those e-signs so keep Explorer on your computer for those times. Smile

Jessica

Reply by Cari on 4/24/10 11:06pm
Msg #333359

AGREED! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.