Notary Rotary
SCOOP on NREIS, SLS and the FTC & BBB
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2010 Index

Posted by ADD/NYCT on 3/22/10 1:27pm
Msg #328382

OK, so they are the same people, I checked out Whois for both of their websites nreis.com and irepvm.com and they are both listed under National Real Estate Information Services, LP. The address listed on the Whois site is in Laredo, TX - BUT it is the one for Register4Less, which is a company that keeps the owner's address secret, so don't bother calling them or sending them anything.

THEN I went to the BBB and got the whole scoop. They go by 4 names listed below. They have 13 complaints - well 14 now. You can go to this site and file your complaint. http://www.bbb.org/pittsburgh/business-reviews/mortgage-brokers/allpointe-mortgage-l-p-in-pittsburgh-pa-53001909/

Business Name:
Allpointe Mortgage L P
Integrated Real Estate Processing
National Real Estate Information Services
Secured Lending Services
Business Address: 100 Beecham Dr, # 110
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
See the location on a Mapquest Map
See the location on a Google Map
Original Business Start Date: 7/1/2001
Type of Entity: Partnership
Principals:
Thomas Huddleston, President
Micheal E Forgas, President
Phone Number:
(866) 255-3535
(412) 937-0400
(724) 745-7363
(800) 401-4420
(877) 542-1165
Fax Number:
(412) 808-1757
BBB Accreditation: This business is a BBB Accredited Business

Date Accredited by BBB: 6/14/2002
Type of Business:
MORTGAGE BROKERS
Website Address:

http://www.allpointe.com

Federal Trade Commission# 877-382-4357, option 2 (it says its for Consumers, but chose it anyway and they will help you), then just tell them that you are a small business who provided a service for NREIS or SLS or any of their other names and did not get paid. Explain what we do and what happened. They will file the complaint.

Anyway, Phyllis Jackson at SLS has been jerking me around with a payment, as is Nancy at NREIS. SLS claimed they didn't have me in their system and that was the only reason she hasn't been able to pay me for months - yet they never called.....I told her my vendor number was right there on the confirm sheet and NREIS has paid me in the past and I know you are the same people. She wrote back:

we are not the same company and a totally different payment system, but I will make sure your check gets in the mail today.

She was walking it down to accounting herself back on 3/18 to have them cut me a manual check. When I checked today she was still doing it.....mailing it today. Haven't heard a peep from Nancy at NREIS. I emailed Jason last week and told him I was pressing charges for theft of services, he forwarded my email and that was when this Nancy called me. I asked her if she got her paycheck and she said Yes, but that they all had to take pay cuts. I couldn't care less. I want MY MONEY.

On top of all of this, they are on the creditors list for LandAmerica's bankruptcy. Google: case 08-35994-KRH doc 2964-1 filed 01/07/10. It's the third link down. I couldn't post the link because it is a pdf and wont let me. Anyway, they are listed right there on page 227.

So there you go - file a complaint with the FTC, and the BBB. Looking into legal charges right now. Hope this helps as I know a lot of people are about to get burned.

I sent them both an email with all the info I found to show that I know they are lying about being the same company and I am serious about getting paid - OH - SLS is calling me right now!!

Reply by Heather/NH on 3/22/10 1:32pm
Msg #328383

Thanks for the info.
I keep getting the run around from Jolie at NREIS. I am going to look into all of this!

Reply by ADD/NYCT on 3/22/10 1:35pm
Msg #328384

Phyllis just called and left a message saying she received an odd email from me regarding the FTC and BBB, that it was an IT issue why I haven't been paid, that they are a parent company and for me to feel free to call her and have it all explained to me so there are no misunderstandings. She was very nice in her message and said my check was cut and being sent today. I have no desire to call back and get into it.

I don't need it all explained to me. I can see the association and the fact that they HELD OUR CHECKS for TWO MONTHS from Dec 15th until February and are waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind. I want my check before they vanish.

Reply by meganPA on 3/22/10 2:32pm
Msg #328394

Got check today from NREIS for 2/2/10 closing...

cashed it at their bank...and it cleared!

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/22/10 3:10pm
Msg #328403

How did you get so lucky?

Was it a BoA?

Reply by meganPA on 3/22/10 3:36pm
Msg #328408

Re: How did you get so lucky?

Yes it was BoA, Lee. I had contacted them several times and rec'd the same runaround answers everyone else has been getting, and I was literally filling out the form to file a complaint with the DOS when the check came today.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 3/22/10 3:14pm
Msg #328405

I got a check today dated 1/15/09

For a 12/22/09. They mailed it the 19th. Envelope is fine but the check looks like its been laying around.

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/22/10 1:55pm
Msg #328385

Great detective work... thanks for posting. n/m

Reply by ADD/NYCT on 3/22/10 2:28pm
Msg #328392

How to file a BBB complaint

After you follow the link in my first post, just go up to the top left side of the BBB's page and click on FOR BUSINESSES link and then a bunch of other menus boxes will come up. You will see on the right a box that says COMPLAINTS, sub FILE A COMPLAINT...click on that. Click Next on the the next screen, then chose MY COMPLAINT INVOLVES A PRODUCT OR SERVICES, then click NEXT, enter your zip code on the next screen. Then it will prompt you to Find A Company. I just put in Allpointe Mortgage and two files come up. I just used the first one. The rest is self explanatory. Good Luck!!

Reply by MW/VA on 3/22/10 2:52pm
Msg #328399

Filing a complaint with the BBB is fine, but it won't help

you collect your money.

Reply by garland/CA on 3/22/10 2:27pm
Msg #328391

thanks for all this info. It is so time consuming to follow up like this but very necessary, not only to get our own money, but for the sake of all notaries who are being used by companies. I'll file my complaints as well. I had the same run around from Phyllis last year, kept saying it wasn't in my system. Took about 3 months to get paid. At the time I believed it really was a system glitch, but now after hearing your story I realize it was a run around.

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/22/10 3:04pm
Msg #328400

It may be time consuming granted but over the long haul it is well worth it. TC insurance rate increase when they're dealing with these high risk companies and they'd rather not do business with them. So they change their names but their payment profiles follows them and of course they're still sticking it ti the same notaries. Please take the time, it will pay off.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 3/22/10 4:22pm
Msg #328418

I got a check today for 3 signings in Jan.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 3/22/10 4:41pm
Msg #328420

Correction: Signings in Dec and check date 01/15/10 n/m

Reply by Maureen_nh on 3/22/10 6:05pm
Msg #328436

You did not make my day. I have been turning down NREIS and got a call from SLS and accepted the signing. Guess they did an end run. I know I had worked for them and that address sounded familiar, there are quite a few in PA, so even though I couldn't find them on signing central I thought it was OK.
Thanks for the heads up

Reply by Laura_V on 3/23/10 9:07am
Msg #328502

Good on you! And thanks for helpful post! n/m

Reply by ADD/NYCT on 3/23/10 10:38am
Msg #328529

One check down, one to go!!

I woke up this morning and found a Fed Ex package outside my door from SLS - well, the package was from NREIS, but the check was from SLS. So I just have to get my check from NREIS and I'm done with them for good. They only owed me for two closings but it was the principle of the whole thing and the fact that I know there are a lot of notaries out there who are not getting paid. It's just not acceptable.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 3/23/10 3:27pm
Msg #328600

Paid as promised, thanks NREIS. n/m

Reply by Miriam Dahl on 3/29/10 12:31pm
Msg #329436

They owe me over $1600. My bad for letting it go on this long. When I inquire about this, I either get no response, or a suggestion to call vendor relations. When I call I get a very rude person giving me some line. Andrea Nixon has not returned my e-mails or calls. I don't have all day to spend threatening them to get my money. I'm doing a purchase for them tomorrow. I may "hang on" to the package until I get a satisfactory reponse from them.

Reply by desktopfull on 3/29/10 1:07pm
Msg #329444

Why?

They owe you $1600.00 and won't pay and you are still providing closing services for them and increasing your receivables. Just a suggestion, kick the closing back and quit accepting them. You can get in some serious trouble if you do a closing and don't return the documents. The buyer doesn't have anything to do with your payment problems with the TC, they have paid the fees owed for your services already and your contract is with the TC.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/29/10 1:35pm
Msg #329451

Re: Why? Why, why, why?

it is going to sound like an echo chamber in here, but I cannot help this.

Do you not pay for gas, paper, toner and so on? Add those costs to the $1600 to see how much you are currently at a loss.

or: Perhaps you are just playing a little rich girl's game at dress up?

Reply by Carol Czerw on 4/11/10 8:08pm
Msg #331281

I worked for IREP for 6 years, and they never missed a payment. They were the company that closed for HFC and BFC. National Real Estate was the arm of the business that did outside closings for other companies, IREP was a captive company of HSBC, When HSBC closed HFC and BFC, IREP was shut down.. According to National whom I haunt for my money on a regular basis, they just don't have enough volume to pay the vendors although the loans have funded, they are always playing catch up. David Love informed me that they are now paying closings from 2/1. At least I got an honest answer, right before I told him to remove me from their list!

Reply by ADD/NYCT on 4/13/10 12:20pm
Msg #331498

FINALLY got my last check for a February 2nd job. P. U. NREIS and SLS.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.