Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Professional Settlement Services, Henderson, NV (long)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2011 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 2/2/11 10:55am
Msg #371004

Their debt settlement program:

Got a call from them yesterday asking me to sign up to work their debt settlement program. (they got my name from my state network group and several of our members were contacted with the same offer)

I specifically asked if notary is required to sell product/service and/or collect monies/checks/credit card vouchers. He responded no to all of that. I then told him to email information for review. I then get email thanking me for signing up and they had issued me an ID#.

This morning, I receive the following email from them:
=============================
Professional Settlement Agent: Yolanda Adams - Your enrollment requestþ
5:32 AM

Sent: Wed 2/02/11 5:32 AM
To: Yolanda Adams ([e-mail address])

Yolanda Adams ,

PSS would like to thank you for expressing interest in our new service, Debt Settlement In-Home Sales and Closings. You will earn $140 for every successful sale you make.

Please read the following and then click the link to get certified at the bottom of the page which will direct you to the Debt Settlement Home page. Here you will find all the materials needed to become a PSS certified In-Home Debt Settlement closer / salesperson. You will need to download/ review a brief introductory manual which will give you a quick overview of the industry followed by the procedures you must know in order to do the DS Sale. After you are comfortable with the material, you will take a 12 question, multiple choice and true/false test. You must receive an 80% or higher on the test in order to be enrolled in our system. If you do not receive at 80% or better you may review the material and go back and retake the test again.

Once you have passed the test a certificate will appear you can print.

Click here to get certified

Questions? Do not reply to this email, emails sent to this account are not accessible. The certification link above should answer most if not all of your questions. If you still have questions after reviewing all the materials, please email [e-mail address]

Sincerely,
Ryan Blank

Professional Settlement Services - 12211 S. Eastern Ave. - Suite 130 - Henderson, NV 89052

If you no longer wish to receive ANY communications from Professional Settlement Services, reply to this email with Unsubscribe in the email subject. Sorry for any inconvenience.

===================================

I've emailed them:
"Please remove my name from the Debt Settlement Program. I don't do sales.

When I received the initial call from you offering this program, I specifically asked if notary is there to sell products/services or collect any monies/checks/credit card voucher. I was told no. That's when I agreed to receive additional information for review and consideration.

It seems the person calling me did not have all the facts or simply misunderstood his instructions. He responded incorrectly to my queries."

Not only am I not a salesperson but as someone in my notary network group has stated, "this does not pass the smell test."

Reply by CopperheadVA on 2/2/11 10:59am
Msg #371005

Got the same call from them just about a half hour ago today. I told the caller that I was not interested in doing any type of "debt settlement closings". (Note how they throw the word "closings" in there.) The guy asked me why not and I told him that I don't want to be dragged into a legal dispute later, and I also do not want to be selling a program. He said OK, and that was the end of the call.

Reply by OR on 2/2/11 11:26am
Msg #371012

Had one of these companies offer me $40.00 to sell them. They are high pressure salesmen. They needed 3 contracts to work for them. Never sign a contract. They just would not take no for an answer. I would say no and they would call me back. I finely had to tell them not to call ever again. I just wonder what they must do to the poor guy that is looking for some real help. I can't stand these kinds of Companies.

Reply by Mary Ellen Elmore on 2/2/11 11:27am
Msg #371013

They offered you twice what they offered me in TN.

I refused also. I am not a sales person.

Reply by Les_CO on 2/2/11 11:40am
Msg #371018

I kind of like that….you’ve got to take a test to see if you’re qualified to defraud people?
Is there a Ponzi scheme test?

Reply by James Dawson on 2/2/11 11:48am
Msg #371020

Ponzi scheme, no not at all Les, if

you fail to past the test, you get hired. LOL

Reply by Sandra Clark on 2/2/11 1:12pm
Msg #371023

Got the same call, just told them not interested, he asked why and did I have any questions. Just told him again, I would never do debt settlement closings or anything to do with debt settlements period! Must be using NotRot data base

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.