Notary Rotary
5 closing day, turned down about 10 and then I get a call
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by NJDiva on 1/26/12 11:39pm
Msg #409996

when I walk in at 9pm begging me to do another...for any cost. Left at 11 and home by 12:15am. Pretty sweet day monetarily, but I'm probably going to be in the dog house. My hubby was VERY upset that I took that last closing. I'm sick, it's incredibly nasty weather out and I'd already done 5 closings. I HATE declining closings, especially when they're saying "name your price."

Reply by NJDiva on 1/26/12 11:40pm
Msg #409997

I just noticed the time is different than the actual time

I'm posting. It's 12:40am.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/27/12 7:01am
Msg #410008

We are on Iowa time - guess why? LOL n/m

Reply by Luckydog on 1/27/12 9:51am
Msg #410023

I bet he's even more upset that you took time after work to post on here telling us about your great day. lol

Reply by ToniK on 1/27/12 9:52am
Msg #410024

My last signing was at 11:40pm

and I didnt get home till about 1am. I was so tired and i had to turn down 5 signings as well. Everyone wanted them all to be at the same time..I dont have teleportation skills. All in all it was a productive day!

Reply by garland/CA on 1/27/12 10:04am
Msg #410027

Wow, I thought I was overdoing it...

I've had 20 signings in the last three days, three more today and one on Sunday. Also turned down at least 5 -6 more on each of those days. My busiest EOM ever.

It's the nature of this business...can be very grueling but then it slows down. You have to take the work when it is there. And get a massage when it does slow down!

Reply by DD/OR on 1/27/12 5:43pm
Msg #410076

Re: Wow, I thought I was overdoing it...

You must be one of those $50.00 notaries that take the low-ball offers. I could be that busy too if I took any and every offer that they gave me.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 1/27/12 6:13pm
Msg #410079

Re: Wow, I thought I was overdoing it...

I think it is very presumptious of you to assume that Garland is "one of those $50.00 notaries that take the low-ball offers". Maybe she is just a fabulous notary who markets herself well and has a lot of clients she works with. We don't know her situation. And what's wrong with $50.00 notaries anyway? I know of a $50.00 notary who did 70 closings this month. She did not print out any packages. She traveled a maximum of 10 miles per closing. And she definitely made a profit. I would rather have 70 $50.00 loans than zero $XXX loans.

Reply by garland/CA on 1/27/12 8:33pm
Msg #410111

Yes, very presumptious indeed...

Not a single loan under XXX. In fact, I got more than usual because of the need. I think I am in an area that doesn't have as many notaries, and I am very dependable and do a good job. A number of my loans were directly from title companies and referrals.

I really think regions vary quite a bit. For some reason my region was very busy. Other times I've noticed I'll be less busy and others are hopping.

Wishing for a great month end for everyone! I empathize with those who aren't as busy. But as we all know, nothing is constant. That can be good and bad.

Reply by ME/NJ on 1/27/12 10:50am
Msg #410032

3 that was it for me, two of them last minute calls from brokers (what a pain that was because of the company they used) but in long wrong brokers said pay my fee and got confirm from low pay company on my fee. (hint both Wells Fargo deals)

All deals last night were part of HARP no way would of gotten loan if appraisal was done and they knew it. Add to the fact almost all the home around them were in one phase of foreclosure process.

Have 3 more today chug chug chug, my goal is 1K a week that is the mark I need to reach to break even.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.