Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Brother HL-5370DW ink splotches - Did you find the solution?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Stoli on 1/18/12 9:11am
Msg #409313

Message #409195

Reply by jba/fl on 1/18/12 12:47pm
Msg #409349

Msg #409195

See how it is above the message, right corner? Typing that format brings a clickable link opening in own page. No losing place in current reading.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/18/12 11:19pm
Msg #409425

It's still a work in progress, Katrina ....

I found a diagram on the Brother troubleshooting Web site that matched exactly what was happening with my printer: vertical splotches 3.7" apart down the page. The fix was to clean the drum.... which I did several times following Brother instructions (wiping many times with rubbing alcohol), but splotches are still there.
I called LD, who told me that Brother drums go kaput after so many print jobs, but NR Brother experts have disputed that claim in PMs to me. I think LD wants to blame it on the Brother drum and not their cartridge and Brother wants to pretend that the drum only needs cleaning. I still have a sneaky suspicion that the LD cartridge wrecked the drum but then again, I don't really know. I'm trying to get Brother to replace the drum under warranty.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.