Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Conversation today w/Office Depot Customer Service Dept..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 1/16/12 7:27pm
Msg #409207

...over lost Worklife Rewards coupon.

Maria: Hi Hugh.

Hugh Nations: Hello, Maria. Are you sure this isn't Peggy?

Maria: Please give me a moment while I check that for you.

Maria: Thank you for your patience. I am sorry we do not have the information about Peggy

Hugh Nations: Maria, that is a joke. Peggy, in Uzbeckistan, from the TV commercials for Discover?

Maria: May I have the order# where you misplaced the coupon.

Hugh Nations: I don't know what you mean by the order #. Every quarter, I get a coupon for credits I have earned on my Worklife Rewards program. I received the coupon, put it in my wallet, and when I went to use it, it was no longer there. There was no order associated with it.

Maria: I am sorry, due to security reasons we do not have the information for rewards account in on line, We do have separate department for it so I request you to contact Worklife Rewards department @ 1-866-322-3225 they will send the new card to your location.

Hugh Nations: Thanks, I'll do that. You've been most helpful. You and Peggy have a wonderful week.

Maria: As I said, we don’t have any information about Peggy.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/16/12 9:25pm
Msg #409217

I love Peggy!

I am sure that Maria would love Peggy, too, IF she'd just give her a chance.

Hugh, please tell us that Maria's first language was not English.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/16/12 9:39pm
Msg #409218

Maria sounded like she was born in Indianapolis and her last name was Richardson.

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/16/12 9:52pm
Msg #409219

At least you didn't get someone from India, whom you couldn't understand

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/16/12 10:26pm
Msg #409226

Oh my goodness...that takes it to a whole new level of

funny.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/16/12 10:11pm
Msg #409222

Now THAT'S funny!! ;>)

Guess they don't have that commercial in the Philippines - or wherever it is that Maria was answering from... Wink

In all fairness, though, if in fact Maria's primary language *was* something other than English, it's very difficult to understand colloquialisms, idiomatic expressions, and cultural references in a second language. That stuff comes only after long exposure and immersion. And a sense of humor??? Well, that's a whole other issue... Wink

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/16/12 10:14pm
Msg #409223

Re: Now THAT'S funny!! ;>)

Guess I shoulda read other posts before I hit send. (I wrote this earlier, went to fix something to eat and THEN hit post". So much for that excuse!)

Reply by Eve/VA on 1/17/12 9:12am
Msg #409235

LOL n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.