Notary Rotary
For those of you who distribute promotional items
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 1/15/12 9:26pm
Msg #409116

I have, over the years, given away everything from keychain calculators to notepads with pen attached to refrigerator magnets to laser pointer pens to microwave ovens. (Well...okay, the microwave is a stretch, but I've given away some really hot items.) Far and away the best response I have gotten has been a pen sold by National Pen Co. Rolled up inside the barrel of the pen like a windowshade is a pullout calendar. On one side it has 2012, the other has 2013.

Thing is, National Pen has stocks of unsold pens with 2011 & 2012 calendars. They are selling the pens at 29 each, regardless of volume; normally, I think they sell for about $1.29. It is a good deal that won't last long, and I would highly recommend anyone seeking an effective promo item jump on it now. Shipping is about $15, and there is no setup fee for this sale. The pens carry four llines of imprint, so you could darn near write your autobiography on them.

Remember, they'll be gone shortly at that price, so you need to act quickly.

Went back and read this post after I was finshed with it, and it got me to wondering: Does anybody under 40 even know what a windowshade is, and how it operates?

Reply by JulieD/KS on 1/16/12 6:40am
Msg #409122

Thanks for the heads up.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/16/12 7:59am
Msg #409125

I think I saw them on the closeout page.

The calendar was only 2011. Shipping is FREE today with a special code.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/16/12 8:32am
Msg #409128

Re: I think I saw them on the closeout page.

I hope that comment does not discourage anyone who otherwise would be interested, Shoshana. The pens have a calendar on each side of the pullout. One is 2011, one is 2012. The new ones are 2012 and 2013.

Reply by Natacha Joseph on 1/16/12 8:48am
Msg #409130

Ordered the 2011/2012 pens with free shipping

Thank you for sharing. This surely is a great deal at 29 cents apiece!

Reply by HisHughness on 1/16/12 9:12am
Msg #409135

Love that name, Natacha

Sounds so much like a delectable Mexican dish, with melted cheese, deliciously seasoned ground beef, thin, crisp tortilla chips, sour cream, jalapenos on the side. I'm salivating right now, thinking of it. Gotta tell you, Natacha, I bet you are o-n-e lovely dish!

Reply by Natacha Joseph on 1/16/12 9:20am
Msg #409136

Re: Love that name, Natacha

Oh my -- never heard my name likened to a delectable Mexican dish. Thank you kind sir. ;-)

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/16/12 12:29pm
Msg #409151

Ooohh, careful there, Natacha....

<<Oh my -- never heard my name likened to a delectable Mexican dish. Thank you kind sir. ;-)>>

... His Hughness has likely used similar pickup lines on any number of his ex-wives. Encouraging him or giving him the slightest opportunity for further drooling could lead to a lot worse than gastric distress from too many jalapenos ... if you get my drift, (Has he already PM'd you? Beware.)

As for you, Hugh, as one who is always calling out others for improper posts on Notary Talk, this is what Match.com is for...

Reply by HisHughness on 1/16/12 2:23pm
Msg #409167

Re: Ooohh, careful there, Natacha....

***... His Hughness has likely used similar pickup lines on any number of his ex-wives.***

Never had to use a pickup line; the women always picked me up. It was very similar to the anecdote about the blacksmith, who had been forging a horseshoe, but put it down for a moment to do something else. About that time, Howard Jamison walked in.

Now, Howard was known in the village as a real nosy sort; just couldn't keep his eyes or his hands to himself. So, he walks in sees the newly minted horseshoe on the side of the forge, and walks over and picks it up, and immediately -- I mean immediately -- puts it down.

The blacksmith, amused, asks him: "Hot, eh?"

"No," Howard replied, trying to mask the pain from his fingers. "Just don't take me long to look at a horseshoe."

Never took any of the women in my life long to take a look at me, either. For most, a one-night stand would have represented a long-term commitment, something equivalent to a life sentence.

But, now that the ice has been broken...you still around to answer a PM, Natacha?

And, on another subject, who peed in your breakfast cereal, GG?

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/16/12 12:25pm
Msg #409150

OT: Thanks, Hugh. Now I have to ~cook~ something.

Natacha, shame on you for whetting Hugh's considerable appetite - I'd venture to say that now, thanks to *you*, ~everyones'~ salivating, and the jalapinos are burning the palates all across NotaryLand.

cookcookstirstirchopstir, cookcookcook...

eat bite gobble nibble chew

Reply by sealed/CA on 1/16/12 4:10pm
Msg #409177

Care to tell us what the code is for the free shipping?

Reply by sealed/CA on 1/16/12 4:18pm
Msg #409178

I found the code. It's MLKFREE
Thanks for the tip Hugh. : )

Reply by rengel/CA on 1/16/12 1:02pm
Msg #409160

only black ink left, darn it n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 1/16/12 1:30pm
Msg #409162

Re: only black ink left, darn it

I've never been able to order calendar pens in any other color than black. The patter I use is:

"Would you use these pens for signing, please? Be careful to use a pad underneath them; they have small balls (try hard to keep a straight face at this line) and will etch into the tabletop if you don't use a pad underneath. And I need also to caution you: Those pens crossed the Rocky Mountains with my great-grandmother in a Conestoga wagon, so I will repossess them after the closing. You get to keep these though, and they have a little secret. So, if anybody ever asks, you can tell them you not only had a date with a signing agent, you had 365 dates -- and your husband didn't mind."

Yeah, I know, corny. But it endears me to those who endure it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.