Notary Rotary
GRES/ Greenbelt Real Estate Services, Melville NY
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Janel Cole on 1/30/12 5:23pm
Msg #410298

Deb Lapine of GRES has not paid me on three invoices and now she does not answer her phone. Do not take a signing from them if you want to get paid. Has anyone else had any trouble with them?

Reply by HisHughness on 1/30/12 7:22pm
Msg #410310

Lots and lots and lots of one-star ratings in Signing Central. Did you think you were smarter than everyone who low-rated the company?

For you and for others who have deadbeats dodging phone calls: If you are unaware of it, dialing [ *67 ] will render your phone number anonymous on the other end. No brackets, just the *67. After dialing the code, just dial the phone numbr. Take it from one who knows: It's the key to Stalker's Paradise.

Reply by bygrace/PA on 1/31/12 7:05am
Msg #410329

Plan B-B for Backup, Stay current w/ CEU's, hire collection

So far, i've had no problem looking at the rating and going with the majority to reduce the risk of non payments....however, don't get it twisted ppl, there's a few companies listed who have great ratings but will test your knowledge, I know because a recent 5star company tried to pull a doozy on the Borrower....a 5K doozy....if I didn't challenge this company about the date on the doc and refuse to accept the orig date (day before the closing in which the Irritated but Yappy Borrower explained to me that they had to have the 5k removed due to an error---this is why I was out on the following day)....did I mention that this 5star company wanted me to have borrower sign with the orig closing date instead of the current date....wait, is that backdating?.....>>>nonetheless, after receiving the updated docs (same amount of docs)from signing service, I noticed...that the 2 page addendum that Borrower would have had to sign(if I didn't pay attention to the dates) is no longer in package and the Hud 303 line miraculously showed the Borrower getting the 5K increase back at closing...(did i mentioned that if you take 2 documents out of a group then the docs would be 2 docs short----but what if I told you that the 5 star agent added two sample docs or aka fillers---so that the loan docs would have the orig amount of docs----slick right?)...5 star my butt...we are in the truth business!....so I'm saying all of this to say....it's not always about the ratings....its about you the NSA being on your game...btw, don't forget to hire a collection agency to collect for you or get an attorney on retainer to handle your collections....i've been successful with reminding the 1 client that tried not to pay me....that as a Notary, I am a pulbic official of the state and therefore report to the "State Attorney General" 30day past due reminder letter....since then, I have had no trouble collecting...(now, I'm not saying use this as your primary way of collecting but it is effective).

Reply by mwm143 on 1/31/12 11:14am
Msg #410359

So Deb is up to her old tricks again! I had issues with her last year and I was only able to get paid after I contacted the title company, ServiceLink. I advised them that Deb has a poor payment history and referred them to this site. I went on to voice my opinion that when a title/lender knowingly works with a company who routinely hires commissioned officers of the State to conduct a mortgage closing and then refuses to pay then they are teetering on fraudulent activites.

ServiceLink immediately contacted Deb and she overnighted a check to me. I took it to the bank the next day and, you got it, it bounced! She knew it before I did and promptly overnight a replacement check adding $25.00. That one cleared.

Reply by Cheryl Spaulding on 7/10/12 4:41pm
Msg #426272

Beware. I just placed a call to her and it was answered J & L Solutions.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.