Notary Rotary
Good portable table available at Costco
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Vince/KS on 1/2/12 6:59pm
Msg #408056

Costco (at least the Costco here) is carrying a 19.5" X 30" portable table that appears to be relatively solid and yet lightweight for those unanticipated closings where the borrower has no table they can use. Could even work well for anyone still doing e-signs. The legs are similar in design to an ironing board table with various height levels. It sells for $19.95.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/2/12 7:21pm
Msg #408058

About five years ago, some kind soul on NotRot posted about a $19.95 picnic table for sale at Wal-Mart. Folded flat, and actually had bench seating for four. I carried it in my trunk for years, but never used it. Finally put it on the patio, where the rain finally rendered it unusable. In my case, the portable table was a solution in search of a problem.

Reply by Pam/NM on 1/3/12 11:28am
Msg #408104

I've often thought about getting a portable table--especially for the hoarder or RM situations where the signer wasn't able to be at a regular table for whatever reason. But my concern is, that usually in cases like that, there wouldn't be room to set up a table anyway. Instead I carry a big clipboard and recently bought for $2.49 from IKEA a slanted laptop desk that work just as well. And while there may not be floor space for a table, there's usually space on SOMEONE's lap Smile

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/2/12 9:11pm
Msg #408067

Got mine a few years ago at Staples, same price, adjustable,

fits flat in my non-trunk, and easy-clean.

Came in handy as a shirt on a pocket on numerous occasions - esp in hoarder homes; several motor homes; a beach camp; many worksites; and once, on the porch because, it was explained, "we're very private people."

A big clipboard in the briefcase for those signings in law enforcement/"mobile" workers' vehicles, and life is good.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/2/12 9:12pm
Msg #408068

I've thought about getting a table, too, but now that I think about it, most of the times I've run into a situation where there wasn't a table available it's been because there was too much stuff in the home and there wouldn't have been room for a table anyway, or the table was too cluttered. In the couple of instances where I can recall other reasons, it would have taken too long to hike back to my car - to say nothing of having to schlep it back and forth - for it to have been worth it. But that's just my experience. Other areas may have different needs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.