Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
How to get your number on my no-no list...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 1/5/12 4:45pm
Msg #408290

1. Call me starting at 6am, every 5-10 minutes and refuse to leave a message. NO, I'm not joking... and I've got the call log to prove it: 6:03am, 6:08am, 6:15am, 6:24am, 6:29am, 6:39am, 6:47am. (Hey, if I don't answer and you don't leave a message, that's great... move on to somebody else. But don't call incessantly between 6and 7am and refuse to leave a message each time. If it's that important... leave a freaking message. I'll get back to you. If somebody is calling me like that, that time of morning, I'm going to assume it is a dire emergency.)

2. When I answer the phone and politely remind you that it is not quite 7am, don't get snotty and say, "We call notaries in California at this time regularly. They always appreciate the offer for work. What's wrong, don't you want work?" (Buddy... I was in the shower. I make it a personal policy that I don't take my phone with me, nor do I use it when I'm showering or in the bathroom. If you really want or need my services, you can leave a message. Sorry, I have a limit. I know other notaries out there gladly take a call in the shower... I'm just not one of them.)

3. Proceed to tell me that this incessant calling early in the morning is for a refi a full week away.

4. Tell me that I'm WAY TOO EXPENSIVE when I quote my fee and that they can't pay more than $40.00.

UST Global.... thanks, but I'm just not available.

Reply by Karla/OR on 1/5/12 7:44pm
Msg #408318

Unbelievable! Thanks for sharing the company name! n/m

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/5/12 10:40pm
Msg #408337

I blocked their number. Same issue..

I don't know about other signing agents, but my workday usually runs from about 9am-9pm, and I REALLY don't start before that, I can't, I'd be meeting myself at both ends. I still get the emergency notarization calls during the night (run to this airport, run to that hospital).

One thing I have discovered about getting rid of low-ballers and hassle clients is that I have a lot more time time to work with the kind of clients I actually want to work with.

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/5/12 11:07pm
Msg #408341

Re: I blocked their number. Same issue..

I turn my cell phone off at night and back on when I get up, and I'm never up before 8.

I am available 24/7 but they have to make an appointment if they want late night or early morning hours.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.