Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I know this has been discussed before...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 1/13/12 4:58pm
Msg #408981

...but perhaps not from this perspective. At least, I don't remember it if it has (Which is not much of a guarantee of anything, since I have ex-wives whose names I can't recall.)

Is there any functional reason which dictates that the closing packet is the best way to send the closing instructions to the escrow officer, or even a good way to send them? I'd really like to hear from some former escrow officers on this, since I've never worked at a McTitle operation -- or any kind of title operation. Does including them in the borrowers' packet make any sense at all?

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/13/12 5:16pm
Msg #408986

It's all a 'one button' send ...

Lender's software selects documents appropriate to the product, the state, etc. Sends one whole, complete, encrypted package - title is expected to pull what parts they need internally, set aside what lender needs internally, send back what internal things Lender needs, have signed what borrower should sign, etc.

That's why you'll usually see Closing Instructions, First Lien Letter, Allonge, Tax Info Sheet, etc, etc.

Reply by Cheryl Anderson on 1/14/12 12:14am
Msg #409019

HisHughness....I really enjoy reading your posts. They have such humor and are so ridiculously "smart" and never with ill-intent...I literally read, chuckle, and shake my head while smiling at some of the things you say.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/14/12 8:25am
Msg #409020

I usually gag... ;) n/m

Reply by Cheryl Anderson on 1/14/12 3:35pm
Msg #409059

Re: I usually gag... ;)

There are times...I too, swallow hard and prepare myself for what is about to be said in some threads. I also venture into waters that look a little overheated, but I risk it still, for shear curiosity...but I also quietly sit in the corner of the tank and just observe, rarely with an opinion and NEVER with an insult...(just don't have it in me).

People interest me, and their arguments, discussions, and resolutions are kind of cool to watch unravel, which makes for a great read during my down-time. Some people in my life have this uncanny ability to make a very bold statement, comment, compliment etc., seem like a slap in the face...and the sting lingers for a while! I find that sometimes that occurs here...thus, the swallowing hard part.

I, like others, have found a plethora of useful information here. I am grateful. But in between all of that useful information, I stumble on a thread that I choose to read that is in no part my business, worthwhile to my business, or helpful in any way (to me) but still find absolutely interesting...momentarily, for me.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/14/12 7:43pm
Msg #409067

Cheryl, many thanks for an eloquent, and quite perfect

response.

Reply by Cheryl Anderson on 1/22/12 2:07am
Msg #409591

To Susan... Big Smile to you...that was very nice. ;) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.