Notary Rotary
MortgageDocs.com
Notary Discussion History

MortgageDocs.com
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Sandra Norris on 1/7/12 10:20am
Msg #408433

MortgageDocs.com

Can anyone tell me about this company? I am just starting out and recieved an email from them for my first signing. Please let me know what you all think about this company.

Reply by OR on 1/7/12 10:36am
Msg #408434

They pay fair. They are easy to work for. They pay in 30 day from my records.

Tripple check your work before you leave the borrowers home.

You just need to make sure that everything gets signed.

Make sure you notarize and stamp where needed.

Last piece of advice is...
If you or the borrowers have any questions at the table you should call MortgageDocs or the Title company. Have the Borrowers call their Loan Officer. If no one answers alway leave a message. I know it is Saturday but they could be checking their messages.

Good luck, relax and have fun if you can.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/7/12 10:45am
Msg #408436

Pay fair??? Not any more IME

5 years ago they met my fee - now they offer me $40

Reply by OR on 1/7/12 11:18am
Msg #408437

Re: Pay fair??? Not any more IME

I am always offered $125. Sorry to hear that they offered you $40. I wouldn't rate them fair if they offered me $40 either.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 1/7/12 2:20pm
Msg #408439

I used to do a lot of work for them from 2003 until 2007. They paid $50 for a 35-40 HELOC with overnighted docs at that time. Around 2006, they wanted to shift to edocs and they sent out and absurd email breaking down the cost of edocs per piece of paper, per speck of toner, per usage of electricity, etc. Their idea of a fair fee for edocs (based on their breakdown) was about $7.50 and they said that notaries who agreed to this fee would get the most work from them. The element they failed to consider in their breakdown was the cost of the computer, the cost of the internet, the cost of the printer AND the cost of the signing agent doing the work. I told them my minimum for edocs was $25 on top of the $50 for the signing. I got plenty of work from them anyway, so I guess their $7.50 fee for edocs didn't go over very well with other notaries, either.

I stopped working for them in 2007 because they wanted me to take the financial hit for one of their screwups. I said no. I'd spent 3 hours of time on it between printing & driving and wasn't willing to accept $25 for something that was not my fault.

I don't know, or care, what they pay these days. It took multiple requests to get them to stop emailing me offering me their pathetic-paying jobs. I'd rather sit at home and floss my teeth.

Reply by Julie/MI on 1/7/12 8:13pm
Msg #408448

"Like" in FB speak to Julie/ks :)

Wink

Reply by kcslaw/MA on 1/7/12 8:31pm
Msg #408449

Re: "Like" in FB speak to Julie/ks :)

I get offers via email from them all the time. DELETE. $35-40? I don't think so.

Reply by OR on 1/7/12 10:57pm
Msg #408457

Re: I can't hardly beleave that we are talking about the

same company. I guess they are being nice to me then you know how that goes. I need to keep my head up on this one. TKS

Reply by BossLadyMD on 1/7/12 11:18pm
Msg #408458

they pay peanuts and pay 40-50 days out n/m

Reply by Chuckd80/NJ on 1/8/12 7:18am
Msg #408462

Sorry, "OR". But nobody believes you. n/m

Reply by OR on 1/8/12 10:24am
Msg #408464

Re: Sorry, "OR". But nobody believes you.

I have had good history with them this year. Even if in the years before they has a stinking history. Thay happen a lot. Look at Sox. I just said I need to keep my head up and you tell me you and the whole Notary Rotary dont beleave that I just learned something yeasterday. Wow I dont think you read everything. Re read what I said. Thank you.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/8/12 11:36am
Msg #408465

They were always on the mark for me too, JoAnn. Go

with what you know, I say.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/8/12 11:40am
Msg #408466

Speak for yourself, Chuck. My considerable experience with

MortgageDocs is positive, for instance.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/8/12 1:57pm
Msg #408472

I agree with Susan...speak for yourself..

although my experience with this company isn't the same as JoAnn's, that doesn't mean I don't believe her...

I'd suggest you think before you post.

Reply by OR on 1/8/12 4:09pm
Msg #408475

Re: Thank you Susan and Linda n/m

Reply by Chuckd80/NJ on 1/8/12 4:47pm
Msg #408476

Re: Thank you Susan and Linda

OK, so you're still getting $100+ per closing, while everyone else is offered $40? Very well.

I take back what I said earlier then.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/8/12 5:10pm
Msg #408479

Taking back insults is prohibited by Just Work forum rules

Rule 38(b) explicitly states:

"'Taking back, apologizing for, or expressing regret for an insult hurled in Just Work is prohibited. Any poster found guilty of such conduct will be punished by having to read all posts for 2008-2011 by Bob_Chicago, and will be ineligible to participate in the forum until the poster has provided satisfactory evidence of the completion of the punishment.

1) Any counseling required as a result of such extended exposure to the mentality of Bob-Chicago will be at the poster's own expense.

2) Anyone called to task for insulting another participant in the forum is authorized to exercise only one of the following options:

2(a) Ignore the complaint. If the complaint is ignored on the forum, PMs in response are permitted, provided 4-letter words are limited to scatalogical references; imprecations with sexual overtones are not permitted. This limitation does not apply, and in fact it is recommended that it be totally ignored, if Bob-Chicago is the complainant.

(b) Double down on the insult. This is the preferred option.

(c) Whine. This is the most popular option, and has been honed to a fine art by participants from Florida and California. Must be something about the salt air.

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 1/8/12 6:01pm
Msg #408482

S/B "Discuss Work," not "Just Work"

Simultaneous senior moment and brain fart.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/8/12 7:14pm
Msg #408487

Agree, Hugh: FL notaries whine alot but we CA notaries wine! n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 1/8/12 9:30pm
Msg #408495

While you CA notaries wine, FL notaries WIN! n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 1/8/12 5:41pm
Msg #408481

It's like service link, some get $100+ 90% $55

Depends on area and how many notaries do what we do. My area would never get 125/deal to many bottom feeders take the cheap rate. Fun story this past Friday local offered a job but was booked already. She said I would of turned it down, it was Mort Docs and the fee was 50, I said you're right I would of said no.

Reply by Sandra Norris on 1/9/12 10:22am
Msg #408513

Re: It's like service link, some get $100+ 90% $55

Thank You all for your opinions. It means alot to me that I can get my questions answered. If anyone knows of a good company to work for let me know or have any suggestions to help me since I am just starting out. I want to make a career of being a signing agent and could use any kinds of tips from everyone that is being doning it longer then me.
Thank You all
Sandra

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/9/12 2:19pm
Msg #408548

Re: It's like service link, some get $100+ 90% $55

Almost every question a new person can think of has probably already been asked and answered many times on this board. On The main page of the forum is an orange "search" button. That can be your best friend. Also, check out the "Signing Central" button at the top for a list of potential clients and ratings. Apply to as many of the good companies as you can. No one, however, is going to give out their list of best clients, as that's a business's most valuable asset. It's something we all had to work hard to acquire and it would be foolish to just give it away.

The info available from Signing Central is something that most people in business don't have access to, so it's pretty incredible that we have it there for free. But I recommend you still do your research on the companies (read comments, search, etc.) and make your own judgments. There are few absolutes (except staying away from SOX and a couple of others... Wink), because circumstances vary and some rate with ulterior motives, but when you see a strong trend, there's probably a good reason for it.

Reply by NJDiva on 1/9/12 2:47pm
Msg #408553

Very well said Janet! (as usual..tee hee)

I might add, be careful of lowballers (companies such as the one that has been inquired about...I, too get their emails and agree that the amount offered is pathetic, nauseating and an insult to our industry) as these are not always the most reputable to work for. Not all of them are seedy, but their fees are disgraceful and therefore IN MY OPINION, it makes them discreditable to me.

Why should we keep them in business when there are so many others out there that are honest, upright and fair to us.

Please don't be what ME/NJ (Mike) likes to refer to as a "bottom feeder..." who "...takes the cheap rate." It would be ideal for us to get rid of these lowball companies and how we can do that is by sticking together and not keeping them in business. After all, if they are unable to get them covered, what company is going to keep utilizing them?

With these types of companies (lowballers) you would have to do 4-5 in a day, to make the same fee as someone charging, and getting PAID, a fair fee. That might seem okay, but take into consideration that it's quadruple the amount of supplies, gas, wear & tear on car/printers, etc., etc. No one can sustain a viable business for too long doing that.

Just consider those little tid bits and be sure to do as has been said, use the orange button and the Signing Central tab.

Reply by NJDiva on 1/9/12 2:47pm
Msg #408554

So in other words... n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 1/9/12 2:51pm
Msg #408555

OOOOOPS... So in other words...

Based on my experience and knowledge about Mortgagedocs...they S**K!!!!! essssscuuze my vulgar inference.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.