Notary Discussion History

Need a new GPS
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by RedBaron/IN on 1/12/12 10:48pm
Msg #408911

Need a new GPS

What do you suggest I buy
or not buy?
I have an older Tom Tom but it has gone South on me.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/13/12 1:33am
Msg #408920

I did a fairly comprehensive search when my Magellan...

...began having menopausal hot flashes. What I finally chose, from user reviews, the unit's capabilities, and the price was the Garmin LMT 1490, $173 on Amazon. It has lifetime maps and traffic, and is Bluetooth capable. If I'm out of the car, it also warns Lucy the Chihuahua to stop chewing the upholstery, and makes a note of the license plates of any platinum blondes north of 60 and south of 140 pounds who park in my vicinity.

Just received it, and don't have it hooked up yet, but it had tons of really good reviews, and the negative ones were generally about things I can live with. Several reviewers said they had even gotten married because of that license plate app. I'm hoping it will work the same for me, but I'm beginning to suspect all the platinum blondes have applications that ignore the license plates of guys with IQs south of 85 and weights north of 200 pounds.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 1/13/12 5:19pm
Msg #408989

Two Tom Toms died early deaths. Garmin works OK.

Both Tom Toms just stopped working not long after their respective warranties expired. Too much coincidence.

The Garmin (sorry; can't remember the model number) speaks street names, etc., which is very handy. The only downside that I've found is that the Tom Toms told me quickly when I got off course; the Garmin takes longer to figure it out.

Now if I could only figure out how to use Sir Hugh's application to find redheads north of 55 and south of 70, north of 150 pounds and south of 200 pounds, with IQs north of room temperature....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.