Notary Rotary
SS being honest!
Notary Discussion History

SS being honest!
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Claudine Osborne on 1/25/12 9:14pm
Msg #409887

SS being honest!

I got a call this afternoon for a last minute closing form a SS..He profusely apologized for the last minute call..(They usually are last minute) Anyways..Yes I told them I was available..He went on to explain that this was a VA loan and that these are usually large packages (yes I know) and that he was willing to pay extra for this. We negotiated a fair fee and I told him that if the package was over a certain amount of pages that we would have to renogiate my fee. He agreed fine no problem..When the package came it was 120 pages..I was fine with the agreed fee.

But what I liked is that he told me in advance that it was a larger package and that if my fee was not enough to please let him know..He was honest with me opposed to what I usually hear! Thats why I took this last minute closing!

Reply by HisHughness on 1/26/12 7:21am
Msg #409900

***When the package came it was 120 pages..I was fine with the agreed fee. But what I liked is that he told me in advance that it was a larger package***

In Texas, 120 pages doesn't qualify as large. A packet is large if only one set of docs will fit in your briefcase. Really large packets require a wardrobe trunk and a hand cart. You begin thinking about charging extra when you have to pay for a UHaul.

Reply by ikando on 1/26/12 9:23am
Msg #409907

Hugh, I love your description of large. Fortunately, I've not had to rent a U-Haul---yet.

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/26/12 11:03am
Msg #409919

Hugh, I've had packages where only one copy will fit in my briefcase.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/26/12 7:24am
Msg #409901

Refreshing! n/m

Reply by ikando on 1/26/12 9:23am
Msg #409908

Claudine, would you care to let us know who this wonderful, proactive SS is?

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/26/12 10:21am
Msg #409913

Suggest you rate them as such when u receive payment...

And who is the SS anyway?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.