Notary Rotary
ServiceLink - File #s starting with "1"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Melissa Riley on 1/28/12 9:48am
Msg #410150

I did two SL closings in December - both with a "1" as the first digit in the file number. (SL doesn't usually call me unless they are desperate, because I won't lower my fees... so hadn't worked with them in a while.) It was my understanding - and from using the search button on NR - that if the file started with a 1 - the payment was internally generated and you did not have to send the invoice. That being said, after not receiving this payment in the first 25 days of January (I also heard they started to run slow) - I emailed and was sent their "new" invoicing procedure for files starting with "1" (all others still require an invoice) - you have to log into their website - use a NEW log-in number and submit an invoice through their site. The confirmation had no information about this new invoicing process. This might be old info for most of you - but just in case someone was waiting for a SL payment - this might be the reason.

Reply by Alz on 1/28/12 11:48am
Msg #410158

What you stated is correct; however, there is an additional step called "Enter E-Invoice" after the "Entering a Closing Update" step. You must have a username and password to complete the process. If you don't remember or have the login information, then it will be best that you contact someone in Vendor Management.

Like you, SL seldom calls me; however, when they do I know that my fee will be paid.

If you need more information, please send PM.

Hope that helps.

Reply by Jack/AL on 1/28/12 11:50am
Msg #410159

The initial notice was confusing enough that I've just followed the old process for invoicing at the end of the month, with no problems. Of course, I still have to wait until 20 to 25 days into the current month to get paid for the previous month. Minutes ago, I finished pre-filling the spaces on docs for a Monday morning closing (dates, names, venue, etc.), for a 7-digit loan beginning with a 2. As soon as I finished, I received a message from SL (yes, on a Saturday, even), telling me that use a newly assigned 8-digit number which begins with a one, AND to use BLACK ink! I suppose it makes sense to someone, somewhere.

Reply by Kenny Services - Dawn on 1/28/12 1:07pm
Msg #410170

Melissa, when I read your post, I had to take a double look. I wondered if it was possible that I had typed this post in my sleep! I also did two signings for SL in December and encountered the same exact problem.

After waiting 38 days for payment, I discovered I had to do the closing update and e-invoice also. I did, and still have no payment. Problem is, one of my signings was a BOA, 148 pgs, with borrowers copy I had to print 296 pgs. 58 pg. faxbacks, (of course we dont know this until we receive the package)and like you I used my paper, my ink, wear and tear on my printer, spent my gas going to the signing, my phoneline to fax, used up over an hour of my time because wife was late. I find the instructions from sl to be intentionally contradictory. They offer a huge volume of work but Tired of waiting, tired of the low balling. Totally not worth the pay or the wait. Now I understand why they are referred to as Service stink! On thursday I sent my rep there a past due notice with a late fee added onto it. We will see what happens! LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.