Notary Rotary
Split signing
Notary Discussion History

Split signing
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Patricia Caouette on 1/28/12 9:04am
Msg #410146

Split signing

I just received docs for the second part of a spit signing. The Illinois notary who did the first part did not notarize any of the docs that both parties sign. She did include one "All Purpose Acknowledgment."

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/28/12 9:16am
Msg #410148

Good Grief... n/m

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 1/28/12 9:29am
Msg #410149

Oh my.......

Sorry she did that.....

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/28/12 10:02am
Msg #410151

Me too. Makes us look real bad oldhippie. n/m

Reply by Alz on 1/28/12 11:59am
Msg #410161

Something simlar happened with a split signing I completed

a year. I actually contacted the notary in the other state and shared some information that I thought would help in their future endeavors. I don't think they took to kindly to it, but thanked me. The notary had been in the business for less than a year.

I know some of you may not agree with this approach, but it appeared to be helpful.

Reply by dww on 1/28/12 5:24pm
Msg #410188

Whoa!!! That doesn't sound too good.

Reply by Luckydog on 1/28/12 6:29pm
Msg #410199

Hmmm, I usually just cross out the name of the person who is not there, initial it, and just notarize the person who is signing. I have never enclosed anything for the 2nd notary, as assume they are signing their own docs somewhere else and will be merged. The docs always go back to title, and very rarely onto and 2nd party. If the 2nd party does receive, I assume they will be printing their own doc, or will have an acknowledgment to include.

As to your post, why in the world did she not acknowledge the person to who was signing? That is what she is paid to do. If you got those docs, you would have to cross out who was ever not there, and the package would be incomplete. I guess, not your problem, and that notary would have some explaining to do.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.