Notary Rotary
Standard OR fees
Notary Discussion History

Standard OR fees
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Jane Foreman on 1/1/12 1:38pm
Msg #407991

Standard OR fees

I'm a new NSA in Oregon and am wondering if others can give me some advice about standard fees in the Portland area for: 1) Signings (my understanding is $100), 2) One-way drive (my understanding is up to 10 miles no charge), 3) Additional cost/mile, 4) Copy package up to 75 pages, 5) Additional copy cost 75 pages and over, 6) Fax-back cost up to 20 pages, and 7) Additional fax-back cost 20 pages and over? Thanks in advance for the information and help!

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/1/12 3:36pm
Msg #407992

There is no standard fee. As an Independent Contractor, it's up to you to figure out what the items you mentioned COST you; add what you want to earn and the profit you need to remain viable. Don't forget taxes. Turn down any offer that doesn't meet that criteria.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/1/12 5:30pm
Msg #407995

Most packages, in my experience, are more than 75 pages n/m

Reply by Cupguy/Ar on 1/1/12 9:01pm
Msg #407998

Re: Most packages, in my experience, are more than 75 pages

I agree with Lee. You have to decide on your own what is acceptable. I have taken jobs that are within walking distance of my office that I would not take if it was a 30 mile drive. I tell them to call Lee, he's closer. If you are not busy, sometimes you just want to take the job just for a little cash. That is when you get into the "Lowballing" Sometimes it is just hard to turn down.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/1/12 9:52pm
Msg #408001

Okay, I gotta ask

Where does the "Cupguy" come from?

Your contention that you have a map to the location of the Holy Grail?

Your stint as a Starbucks barista?

Your hobby as a potter?

The time you played as a forward on the Red Wings winning Stanley Cup team?

The fact that you can drink hot chocolate out of your navel?

The legend that you required extra-large equipment when playing college baseball?

Your obsession with bra sizes?

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/1/12 9:54pm
Msg #408002

Red Solo Cup n/m

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/1/12 10:39pm
Msg #408004

Jane,

You have to work it out for yourself.

When I started out I didn't have a clue what to charge and I took what they offered.

You will lear real quickly how much you need to charge to make a decent profit.

If after a few signings, you still don't know what to charge, ask Tarzan.

Reply by Shauna/WA on 1/2/12 12:20am
Msg #408015

I'm over the river in Vancouver. Most of the time I have a set fee - that'll cover a certain county or up to a certain city before going up. In my experience, most SS will not want to calculate mileage because you want to stay in a 10 mile radius.

Trying to remember my last 75 page loan package. Can't. I only ask for more money if the loan package is really huge - good customers are worth more than a few bucks to me.

I try and avoid fax backs so no real advice there.

My best advice - take good offers that pass Signing Central inspection without worrying too much if you're making big money. It's experience that helps big time. I made what I'd now consider low money when starting because I was able to get some real good experience.

Portland isn't as rural as where I live, but you need to think about how far you're willing to drive and for what money. Like I said, I have prices to the edge of a city and then it goes up. For a good client, my prices are a lot more flexible because volume is my name of the game.

Good luck!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.