Notary Rotary
Thank you GOLDGIRL/CA
Notary Discussion History

Thank you GOLDGIRL/CA
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Jon_PA on 1/31/12 10:04pm
Msg #410461

Thank you GOLDGIRL/CA

I read your post from a couple days back about what one needs to bring along to be successful. It struck a chord with me and I put an emergency bag in the trunk. Today was a lovely day. The sun was shining and I had three signings scheduled one right after another. After the first one I stopped to get gas and check my tire pressure. As I squatted down I heard that magical noise...rrrrrriippppp. My slacks split from stem to stern. I was twenty miles from home without even a coat to cover me. Thanks to GOLDGIRL I had a change in the trunk. I thank you and my borrowers thank you.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/31/12 10:06pm
Msg #410462

OMG! Glad I could help. LOL! n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 1/31/12 10:51pm
Msg #410467

Will call your mooning and raise you one, Jon.

Was trying a jury case in Fulton County Court in Atlanta when I heard that same distressing sound as I bent over; pants had split from crotch to back belt line. Did not have a change in my briefcase; did not even have a pair of briefs in my briefcase. However, the judge had a stapler in his office. Argued the case to the jury without ever turning my back on them, a good strategy even with pants intact. Had to sit while the other side argued also; did not do any squirming around; sat v-e-r-y still.

Another time was covering the dedication of the Stone Mountain Memorial, where Vice President Spiro T. Agnew was speaking. Stepped over a section rope, and heard that same danged sound (Unfortunately, it did not cure me of buying my suits at Goodwill -- see above paragraph). Did not even have a briefcase not to carry briefs in. The national press corps -- and perhaps the Vice President himself -- probably did not get a very good impression of the Atlanta press from the suitcoat I wrapped around my breezy butt.

Reply by jba/fl on 2/1/12 7:14am
Msg #410476

You flirted with fate, and fate complied!

Good show!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.