What's with these 175+ page pkgs? I'm doubling my print fee n/m
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by desktopfull on 1/10/12 10:56pm
Msg #408693

What's with these 175+ page pkgs? I'm doubling my print fee n/m

Reply by Doris_CO on 1/10/12 11:49pm
Msg #408694

Re: What's with these 175+ page pkgs? I'm doubling my print fee

I decided at the end of last year that I would raise my base fee by $10.00 because all my costs have gone up, especially gas for the car. So far the company's that have called understand and have agreed to the fee.

Reply by MSFlorida on 1/11/12 8:33am
Msg #408700

I know what you mean. I just love it when it includes the Appraisal.
I just don't understand why when the Appraisal Companies charge
triple my fee why they can't seem to provide their customers with a copy.
I am not one for going back to client and asking for additional fee but when it
comes to packages over 150pages or an Appraisal is included I have no choice
if I intend on making a profit on the job.

Reply by Carol Graff on 1/11/12 11:58am
Msg #408723

I've noticed they often include full tax return and/or appraisal. I've called client and if they already have app'l, I'll make their package w/o tax return & app'l. Saves a bit of paper.
Yes, I've noticed larger packages also.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/11/12 12:52pm
Msg #408730

Good idea, Carol

... to call the borrowers first and see if they already have the appraisal. It's bad enuff to have to print it and then get to the signing and find they've had it for weeks! Grrr...

When I get these mondo-size pkgs I always check to see if there is an appraisal. If I have to print it, I duplex it on low ink. There's always the possibility of just e-mailing it to them .... That seems to be the way appraisers do it now anyway. Paper is so '80s. Or put it on a CD.

Apparently, the situation is that they must have the appraisal three days before signing or something like that or waive that right. When they get to that form borrowers usually say they got the appraisal (accompanied by groans about low housing values) - and 99% of the time by e-mail, they say.

As far as I can see, the appraisal goes to the lender, who then e-forwards it on or tells the appraiser to e-mail it to the borrower. Maybe once in a blue moon a borrower will say an appraiser actually snail-mailed them a copy...

Just seems strange that when things get down to the wire, we're expected to print it ...?

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/11/12 11:11pm
Msg #408788

Re: Good idea, Carol

"When I get these mondo-size pkgs I always check to see if there is an appraisal."

Me, too. If it's there, I call the borrowers and half the time they've already had it emailed to them. If not, I ask them if they'd like for me to send them an electronic copy and so far, the answer has always been yes. I don't see it as my responsibility to print the appraisal - and an electronic copy will undoubtedly be of better quality, as I don't print in color.

And when, at the table, I ask borrowers about whether they've already received their appraisal when we get to that form, and I get the same response. It's almost all electronic copies these days. Appraisers have had their fees cut, too, and I'll bet this helps them a great deal with their expenses.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 1/11/12 1:09pm
Msg #408735

I will not print the appraisal

My print fee does not include printing the appraisal. I've only had it happen one time that the appraisal came over with the package, but I told the company they would have to pay me $25 extra to print the appraisal. The holier-than-thou scheduler at the SS said "You will print whatever we tell you to print."
I said "Oh, I beg to differ. My print fee is for loan docs only. The appraiser is responsible for printing the appraisal."
SS companies can huff and puff all they want, but my fees are what they are. I'm not going to do the appraisers job for him. Especially since he gets paid up front and I often have to chase my fees.
The more we allow these companies to bully us and push us around, the more they will heap in our To Do file.

Reply by Carolyn Breckenridge on 1/11/12 1:38pm
Msg #408746

Re: I will not print the appraisal

Yes, the appraiser gets paid up front. He has already did his job once he sends the appraisal to the lender. The lender is the one who orders it. The buyer usually pays this unfront as part of his loan application fee. It is the lender's job to make sure that the buyer(s) have it. It is their right to a copy of that appraisal. I think that a lot of packages will have a form for the buyer(s) to sign at closing.

It is not a bad idea to ask the buyer before you print if they already have it. Save the NSA some printing. If they don't have it then it is part of the package that we have to print it. This just my opinion.

Reply by Luckydog on 1/12/12 11:03am
Msg #408819

I def. agree with you, but in the end, the more you complain, or start omitting things not in the signers package that they know they seen in the lender package, it will come back to haunt you, as they will call title and wonder why it's not in there's. The signing co. will simply find a notary that just prints as is and makes everyone happy. For me, the extra 20 pages doesn't make or break me, I'd rather stay busy and keep everyone satisfied, then call the buyer and ask them about their appraisal. It's hard enough to get them to remember their photocopied ID ready at the closing.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 1/12/12 9:44pm
Msg #408905

It is really out of line to expect us to print the apprasial. I wouldn't do it either without compensation. Whenever I get a large package before I hit the print key, I browse thru it to see if there is an appraisall. Then I too,, check with the borrower. Nine times of out ten, they already have it. Why would you want to waste your time and resources for no good reason? No need to even bother the client about it, if the signers already have a copy, just skip it. The title company does not need a copy.

Reply by Jillian Hinrichs on 1/13/12 11:13am
Msg #408945

I ask the signing company, and so far they say those docs were just part of what they were sent and so they sent it all on to me. Most times they say not to bother printing it out, especially when it includes all sorts of older docs already previously signed by the signers, tax forms, etc. If they ever say to print it all out I will ask them to please verify this as I will need additional money to cover that cost.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.