"Is there a training course available for those that scan
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by NJDiva on 1/31/12 1:19pm
Msg #410371

documents in wrong"

I've been noticing this more and more recently. I really wish I knew why the doc's are being scanned in as 8.27"x11.69". Does anyone have printers that print out that size paper?

Ugh, it's so frustrating. Since my printer doesn't pick it up, I have to manually change the tray to pick up from the legal tray, fit to size or print the whole document on legal size paper.

It's sooooo time consuming. But they really don't care I suppose, or at least it seems that way.

What do others do in that case?

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/31/12 1:42pm
Msg #410375

Tho' I have seen strange slightly 'off' sizes, my ol' printer isn't that fussy. Wondering.... is yours a Brothers or an HP. Mine is HP.

Reply by NJDiva on 1/31/12 1:56pm
Msg #410381

Lee, I have 2 Brothers and 2 HP's. One dual tray of each...

(with the exception of that 5340 I mentioned above, I'm trying to make that dual tray too...to no avail.)

The HP is the one that gives me a hard time. The Brother just picks it up as letter...which is fine as long as it doesn't cut anything off.

Reply by dutchcloser on 1/31/12 1:45pm
Msg #410376

I have been experiencing the same thing lately....idk

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 1/31/12 2:27pm
Msg #410391

A lot of newbies in the industry on the other end. n/m

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 1/31/12 6:34pm
Msg #410448

Variation on the problem

A lender client of a TC that gives me a lot of work seems to scan in such a way that things have a bad contrast, that is, the background of the paper is gray rather than white; this error can be seen on screen before you hit "print."
ALSO, scanning using some older version of Adobe that my Mac and HP printer don't like and therefore do not want to print 100 pages; the print session stalls in memory. I cure this by printing 20 pages at a time.
A nuisance, but I do like getting those checks at time of funding.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 1/31/12 6:53pm
Msg #410449

8.27" x 11.69" is A4 paper, which is widely used everywhere except North America. Most printers can print on it.

Reply by Jon_PA on 1/31/12 9:23pm
Msg #410459

I can't remember the company, but out of their 125 page packet they always had one page that was A4 paper. The printer would stop at that page and ask me to insert A4 paper. After a while I would recognize that page and print to just before it and then do a second printing that started right after it. To get it to print I had to uncheck the box in my printer options that said, choose paper source by PDF page size. Does anyone have a better solution? I have a dual tray HP4100 printer.
Thanks.

Reply by Art_MD on 2/1/12 7:51am
Msg #410479

using brother 5340 ..

Using a 5340 this works
The red light flashes when paper size isn't legal of letter.
press the go button. Will print BUT check to see that nothing is cut off.

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.