Notary Rotary
adobe issues
Notary Discussion History

adobe issues
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 1/31/12 1:52pm
Msg #410378

adobe issues

Has anyone else had issues with docs taking for ever to print? I loaded adobe 9 and it is just as bad. Funny some docs print out quick while other just take forever.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue with windows 7

Reply by NJDiva on 1/31/12 2:00pm
Msg #410382

I had that problem Mike. But I don't think it was Adobe...

I think it's the way they're uploaded. There's only one company I had issues with (don't remember which), but they said, it happens with a lot of notaries.

Leads me to believe it's the inputter's (I just made that up...that is clearly a noun) fault I think.

Of course I had problems when the doc's were late and scheduled back to backs. Grrrrr

Reply by bagger on 1/31/12 4:02pm
Msg #410422

Re: I had that problem Mike. But I don't think it was Adobe...

I agree
I had one set of docs that just took forever to print, and then the next set - no problem.
Different SS's and Different TC's. Must be on the input end.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 1/31/12 2:26pm
Msg #410390

It's on the other end. They scanned the documents as an image rather than text. Takes a lot of memory and processor speed to process. If you have your print jobs set to spool and print immediately in the settings, there is not much else you can do but wait.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/31/12 3:14pm
Msg #410407

Don't know if this will help you or not, but I'd been experiencing the same problem for a couple of weeks and, after trying everything else I could think of with no change, I deleted the printer and re-installed the software. Using XP, but I don't think that had anything to do with the problem. Delete/reinstall worked--no idea why, but things have been back to normal since doing that. Also...Adobe 9.4 is what I have. 10x was awful and I got rid of that a long time ago.

Reply by Alz on 1/31/12 3:51pm
Msg #410416

It might be the printer drivers. I had the same issues

a couple of months ago and contacted HP Support. They uploaded the new drivers to my computer. No more slow printing problems. IMHO, I think some companies are behind providing the appropriate print drivers for Windows 7.

Reply by Larry/IL on 1/31/12 4:14pm
Msg #410427

As long as you have some document sets that print with sufficient speed, there is nothing wrong on your end. I too have certain T/C offices where it takes forever to download and print, other are just fine.

Reply by michnott on 1/31/12 4:23pm
Msg #410430

Re: adobe and the answer is

I had the same issue. When the print screen pops up click on Advanced. Then check the box for "print as image." This will fix the problem with no difference in print speed. I am not sure why it happens that some packages print slow and some are fine. Good luck

Reply by ME/NJ on 1/31/12 6:09pm
Msg #410447

Must be the other end the way it is scanned, docs for today printed just fine. I know it will be a slow deal when I see it spool up and explode 70-90meg

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 2/1/12 12:08am
Msg #410472

I have that issue with a certain company, and only with that certain company on every order.

They "instruct" me to change my printer settings for their docs. One of the special instructions is to "un-check" the Auto-Rotate and Center box (found under the "Page-Handling" section of the Print dialog box).

For me at least, I've found that if I don't "un-check" that box the pages print out almost as fast as normal and I haven't been able to see any difference between pages printed with the box checked and the same pages printed with the box not being checked. Even with my work around, my overall print time for their docs is still longer than 99% of other similar sized packages.

Overall, I would have to agree with the others about it having something to do with how the docs are scanned in.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.