Notary Rotary
Can I notarize a document I fill out?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 9:56am
Msg #452097

I'm going to be adding process serving to my business.

If I fill out the court form stating that I provided the service, can I notarize that myself? I question it since I'm charging a fee for the process serve.

Eric
Los Angeles

Reply by Pam/NM on 1/25/13 9:58am
Msg #452100

Who is bringing the popcorn today?

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:03am
Msg #452102

huh?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/25/13 10:04am
Msg #452104

Long story...Eric...think about this...

Who signs the court form "certifying" that service of process was completed....

Do you?

If yes, YOU do, can you notarize your own signature?

Think about it.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:16am
Msg #452111

Re: Long story...Eric...think about this...

Well, the reason I ask, since I'm being made out to be an idiot...

I searched through the entire California notary Handbook and couldn't find anywhere where it said a notary can't notarize their own signature. (I could have missed it, but I did a word search in the pdf).

It only talks about a conflict of interest if the notary has a financial interest. I suppose that I would be a "vendor" in this situation...I just wanted to make sure.

Next time I'll just call the Secretary of State instead of coming here to be humiliated.

From the handbook:

A notary public is not prohibited from notarizing for relatives or others, unless doing so
would provide a direct financial or beneficial interest to the notary public. With California’s
community property law, care should be exercised if notarizing for a spouse or a domestic
partner.
A notary public would have a direct financial or beneficial interest to a transaction in the
following situations (Government Code section 8224):
• If
• If a notary public is named, individually, as any of the following to a real property
transaction: beneficiary, grantor, grantee, mortgagor, mortgagee, trustor, trustee, vendor,
vendee, lessor, or lessee.
A notary public would not have a direct financial or beneficial interest in a transaction if a
notary public is acting in the capacity of an agent, employee, insurer, attorney, escrow holder,
or lender for a person having a direct financial or beneficial interest in the transaction.
If in doubt as to whether or not to notarize, the notary public should seek the advice of an
attorney.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:20am
Msg #452114

Sorry, the copy and paste left off part of a sentence after If...

If a notary is named, individually, as a principal to a financial transaction.

Point being, if I did it for free, there would be no financial transaction.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/25/13 10:24am
Msg #452116

For some reason I cannot bring up my link to the CA

handbook...however see this from American Society of Notaries:

http://www.asnnotary.org/?form=prohibitedacts

Scroll all the way down..the very last prohibition.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:28am
Msg #452120

Re: For some reason I cannot bring up my link to the CA

Thanks for that link. But the question would be, does the ASN take precedence over the Secretary of State?

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:29am
Msg #452122

Re: For some reason I cannot bring up my link to the CA

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sos.ca.gov%2Fbusiness%2Fnotary%2Fforms%2Fnotary-handbook-2013.pdf

2013 Secretary of State Handbook for California.

Reply by La Trese Breaux on 1/25/13 10:39am
Msg #452131

I'm newbie and, i'm pretty sure you can't and one reason why, you are gaining financailly from the transaction. and its in the book.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:46am
Msg #452134

As I said, I'm being paid for the process serve, not necessarily for the filling out of the form. Further, I have the choice to do it for free...what then?

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/25/13 10:55am
Msg #452140

Eric - since you would be paid for the notarization,

you would have a financial interest in the notarization.
This is a direct financial benefit.
This is the way I personally understand your point.

*****If in doubt as to whether or not to notarize, the notary public should seek the advice of an
attorney.
Eric, we are not attorneys.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:57am
Msg #452142

Re: Eric - since you would be paid for the notarization,

Thanks Stephanie...what made you think I though you were attorneys??!!

I don't have to be paid for my notarization.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/25/13 3:54pm
Msg #452220

Re: Eric - since you would be paid for the notarization...

Attorneys generally draw up the docs that we notarize.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/25/13 10:06am
Msg #452107

Not in the mood 4 popcorn, grab me some gummy worms ;) n/m

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/25/13 10:05am
Msg #452105

So you want to know if you can notarize your own signature? Is that the question?

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 1/25/13 10:06am
Msg #452106

If you refer to your Notary Handbook, it will tell you no you cannot notarize your own signature. You can do a google search to see excerpts from your handbook. This is also something that you should have learned in your Notary Course. Refer back to any material you received while taking your course in California.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:17am
Msg #452112

I did, that's why I came here.

The handbook says NOTHING about notarizing your own signature.

A notary public is not prohibited from notarizing for relatives or others, unless doing so
would provide a direct financial or beneficial interest to the notary public. With California’s
community property law, care should be exercised if notarizing for a spouse or a domestic
partner.
A notary public would have a direct financial or beneficial interest to a transaction in the
following situations (Government Code section 8224):
• If
• If a notary public is named, individually, as any of the following to a real property
transaction: beneficiary, grantor, grantee, mortgagor, mortgagee, trustor, trustee, vendor,
vendee, lessor, or lessee.
A notary public would not have a direct financial or beneficial interest in a transaction if a
notary public is acting in the capacity of an agent, employee, insurer, attorney, escrow holder,
or lender for a person having a direct financial or beneficial interest in the transaction.
If in doubt as to whether or not to notarize, the notary public should seek the advice of an
attorney.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 1/25/13 10:23am
Msg #452115

It isn't about "notarizing" your own signature, it's about whether the notarial act you are thinking of doing is acceptable. You have not provided a link to the form you would have to fill out when serving process, thus you haven't explained to readers what (if any) notarial act is required.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:26am
Msg #452118

Well according to most others here, it IS about notarizing your own signature.

But here is the document: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/mc030.pdf

Reply by VT_Syrup on 1/25/13 10:38am
Msg #452128

What makes you think that form needs to be notarized? There are many declarations under the penalty of perjury that don't require a notary, including signing your federal tax return.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:52am
Msg #452139

It's in my process server paperwork. I understand it's rare, but it does come up.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/25/13 10:26am
Msg #452117

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/forms/notary-education-sample-workbook-2013.pdf

Page 20 second paragraph.
You're Welcome Wink

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:31am
Msg #452123

Thank you for the link, but let's look at the sentence:

"However, a notary public cannot notarize his or her own signature or a transaction in
which the notary public has a direct financial or beneficial interest."

I remain, if I did it for free, there would be no financial interest. As far as the process server form, I charge for the process serve, not necessarily to fill out a form.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:32am
Msg #452124

Also, this "workbook" would conflict with the actual "handbook."

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/25/13 10:40am
Msg #452132

That is troubling and something you should contact your SoS about since the link came from a California Governmental site. As for the form, not certain on your state laws. I can draft and fill out damn near anything I please without a problem. Consult SoS and ask them about whether or not you can notarize it and let them know you're doing it free. I'm interested in the answer, so even if it's only a PM, let me know what they say.

Not trying to refute anything you're saying or wanting to do; I just like gaining knowledge as we all should. Smile

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:46am
Msg #452135

Thanks...I just sent an email to the Secretary of State. It says it could take a couple of days to reply, but I wanted it in writing.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/25/13 10:50am
Msg #452137

Eric, Marian gave you your answer...

"It's CA Government Code 8224.1 under the "Conflict of Interest" provision... and it's VERY clear. It's in both the handbook and the workbook:

"A notary public shall not take the acknowledgment or proof of instruments of writing executed by the notary public nor shall depositions or affidavits of the notary public be taken by the notary public.""

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 1/25/13 10:39am
Msg #452129

"However, a notary public cannot notarize his or her own signature OR a transaction in
which the notary public has a direct financial or beneficial interest."

The word "or" makes this sentence 2 seperate statements.

JMO

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/25/13 10:42am
Msg #452133

Logically and analytically you are correct, Donna!

In logic we call it composition. (AND, OR, BUT, Etc...) They're connectives in both logic and "legalese."

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:52am
Msg #452138

But that's not in the official Handbook. at least not in those words.

Reply by Kathy Fletcher on 1/25/13 10:07am
Msg #452108

You will need to check with your Secretary of State (governing body) to see the laws in your state.

Arizona law does not allow us to write anywhere in a document we are notarizing but in the notarial certificate. We would no longer be an impartial witnesses to the document we are notarizing and would give us a vested interest in the notarization.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 1/25/13 10:33am
Msg #452125

Refer to these two sections of your Notary Handbook. I think this should help you.

§ 8224. Conflict of interest; financial or beneficial interest in transaction; exceptions
A notary public who has a direct financial or beneficial interest in a transaction shall not
perform any notarial act in connection with such transaction.
For purposes of this section, a notary public has a direct financial or beneficial interest in a
transaction if the notary public:
(a) With respect to a financial transaction, is named, individually, as a principal to the
transaction.
(b) With respect to real property, is named, individually, as a grantor, grantee, mortgagor,
mortgagee, trustor, trustee, beneficiary, vendor, vendee, lessor, or lessee, to the transaction.
For purposes of this section, a notary public has no direct financial or beneficial interest
in a transaction where the notary public acts in the capacity of an agent, employee, insurer,
attorney, escrow, or lender for a person having a direct financial or beneficial interest in the
transaction.
§ 8224.1. Writings, depositions or affidavits of notary public; prohibitions against proof
or taking by that notary public
A notary public shall not take the acknowledgment or proof of instruments of writing executed
by the notary public nor shall depositions or affidavits of the notary public be taken by the
notary public.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 1/25/13 10:39am
Msg #452130

Eric, a process server must complete an Affidavit of Service. The Affidavit of Service will state the party served, the time and place the party was served as well as a description of the party served. The form must then be notarized before a notary public. You cannot depose yourself.

I was a process server in NY for many years. Believe me when I say you cannot depose yourself, therefore, my suggestion is to find a notary that you can go to on a regular basis for your Affidavits of Service to be notarized. In this case, it will not matter whether you are charging to complete the form, you have a financial interest because you are performing the act of "service" upon the respondent/defendant and receiving compensation for that. The Affidavit of Service is merely proof that the "job" was done.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 11:06am
Msg #452152

Here in California it's Called a Proof of Service of Summons. The word Affidavit does not appear anywhere on the form. More often than not, these forms are NOT notarized.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/25/13 10:37am
Msg #452127

This one is easy.... NO CAN DO

It's CA Government Code 8224.1 under the "Conflict of Interest" provision... and it's VERY clear. It's in both the handbook and the workbook:

"A notary public shall not take the acknowledgment or proof of instruments of writing executed by the notary public nor shall depositions or affidavits of the notary public be taken by the notary public."

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/25/13 10:57am
Msg #452143

Re: This one is easy.... NO CAN DO--there ya go Eric... n/m

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 11:00am
Msg #452145

Re: This one is easy.... NO CAN DO

So why can the County Recorder notarize their own signature on my oath document?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/25/13 11:03am
Msg #452149

The county clerks aren't notaries...

They aren't notarizing your signature on the oath form. They are simply issuing an oath of office and recording your bond.

And even if a notary gave you the oath of office and you mailed it in rather than going to the clerk, they aren't notarizing THEIR signature. They are notarizing YOUR signature on YOUR oath of office form. It's a notarial act for them.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 11:10am
Msg #452156

Re: The county clerks aren't notaries...

You're right, I looked at it wrong. The notary portion is if it's being sent in by mail. My apologies.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/25/13 11:00am
Msg #452146

Ereic - Marian is correct.

§ 8224.1. Writings, depositions or affidavits of notary public; prohibitions against proof
or taking by that notary public
A notary public shall not take the acknowledgment or proof of instruments of writing executed
by the notary public nor shall depositions or affidavits of the notary public be taken by the
notary public.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 11:01am
Msg #452148

Re: Ereic - Marian is correct.

Again, so why can the County Recorder notarize their own signature on the oath document?

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 10:55am
Msg #452141

So get this!

I got to thinking about the day I took my oath at the county clerk's office.

On the page titled: "Notary Public Oath and Certificate of Filing," the County Clerk has to sign that I took the oath. Below that, they NOTARIZE it on the very same page! Under their signature it states:

"Signature of Notary Public administering oath of office."

SO...the County Clerk would be notarizing their own signature.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 1/25/13 11:00am
Msg #452144

Re: So get this!

(916) 653–3595

This is the phone number for the Secretary of State in California. How about someone give them a call and ask if you can notarize your own signature on an Affidavit of Service in the State of California.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 11:01am
Msg #452147

Re: So get this!

As I mentioned above, I've already emailed them so I can get it in writing.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/25/13 12:24pm
Msg #452175

Perhaps...

county clerks are treated like they are in Louisiana? Our clerks of court are often ex-officio notaries. They have certain functions they can and cannot fulfill...like a justice of the peace. Either way, when I went for my oath, the clerk told me she could not administer my oath. Not a problem, I went to my parish District Attorney, Joel Chaisson, who is a close friend of mine. Done and filed.

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 1/25/13 11:05am
Msg #452150

Am I the only one that knows that a notice of service by a process server in CA does not need to be notarized?

It just needs to be completed and signed by the process server that it was served in person and in full compliance with the law and provide your process server's license number and home county of doing business.

No I am not a process server but have used them many times.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 1/25/13 11:07am
Msg #452153

Thank you Pro Mobile Notary. In NY our forms must be notarized. Each state varies on rules and laws. I'm thinking the simple solution is call the SOS and ask the question. As far as I know, there isn't a notary out there in any state that can notarize their own signature!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/25/13 11:09am
Msg #452154

They're not notarized in FL either. n/m

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 11:13am
Msg #452157

I never said it NEEDED to be notarized. But, it can be requested to be notarized.

What's with the attitude?

Reply by Gregory/CA on 1/25/13 11:13am
Msg #452158

I do not see on the form any notarial certificate; therefore, I do not believe it needs to be notarized. It is only signing a declaration.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/25/13 11:14am
Msg #452159

Not only that, BUT... in some cases you don't even need to put your process registration information in there because in many case (except for a handful of documents and number of time per yer you do it) you aren't even required to be a registered process server in CA. It's a good idea to BE one of course... but for the odd job here or there it's not a requirement so long as you server fewer than 10 times a year per county. There are lots of other rules involved that aren't really relevent here.

I have seen one where they requested notarization because I'm not a registered process server. But that was not a court requirement...its was a request from the people requesting service. I just took it to another notary, no big deal.

ANd yes, I do handle very limited civil services on behalf of one particular attorney. They are all very easy and the people are all fully aware that it's coming...usually to other professional offices. I do it as an additional service/favor when I'm out and about meeting with his other clients because I do a lot of mobile notary work for his clients.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 11:15am
Msg #452160

OMG...Forget I ever asked!

It takes the joy out of coming here when people have such bad attitudes and set forth to humiliate people. I thought this would be a safe place to come and ask a question. Clearly there are dumb questions here and some enjoy pointing that out.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/25/13 11:33am
Msg #452165

Forget I ever asked! LOVE TO!

Eric, I've been just an innocent bystander in this thread (in which I've learned a lot) but I gotta say at this point in response to your last post, your are such a whiner, crybaby, complainer, idiot, I can barely believe it. You got a boatload of valuable information from notaries across the country, none of whom needed to take the time, esp at EOM, to answer your ill-framed original question. Many either pointed you in the right direction, opened the topic to more discussion and in the case of Marian, cited you chapter and verse. What more do you need to know? A simple thank you for all their input and insight might have been in order. Nowhere else could you have gotten such informative and helpful responses.

But you want "joy." And to be "safe." Go to a spa. In fact, your hostility and foot-stomping tantrum, makes me think you can't possibly be a real notary but a trouble-making plant. Right?

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 11:35am
Msg #452166

Re: Forget I ever asked! LOVE TO!

That's sweet...thanks.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 1/25/13 2:44pm
Msg #452202

He is a real notary. I looked him up to make sure he was. I thought the original question asked was a joke at first. Sorry Eric but the original question was a little out there.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 3:13pm
Msg #452210

And that was important to share with everyone...why?

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/25/13 12:32pm
Msg #452177

Not an OMG moment IMO

It's a simple matter of finding the useful information and weeding through everything else. The question was asked and (strictly speaking for myself here b/c that's all I ever can do) work was set out to research a correct, valid, sound, and cogent answer. It required a bit more information from you in order to dig deeper and see what I could potentially find. Some of us just like researching and learning as much as we can Wink

If someone gives you "attitude," maybe they are...maybe they aren't. Either way you're asking questions and learning. THAT's what matters to me. Save the OMG for if your car is burglarized or you happen to be attacked in a dark alley by a giant pink rabbit brandishing a bowling pin. Just my .02, but your life will be happier for it. Smile

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 12:42pm
Msg #452183

Re: Not an OMG moment IMO

LOL...OMG is not as important as having your car burglarized, that's an Os**t.

While it's true that some of you posted some good info and were perfectly nice, some were not. I just don't understand a person's need to belittle another person in ANY way. I always assume a person asking a question literally knows nothing and try to give the best answer I can without making them feel like an idiot.

The, "am I the only person here who...." and "But you want "joy." And to be "safe." Go to a spa," is not hospitable or kind in my book.

I'd hate to think how they treat their customers.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/25/13 12:48pm
Msg #452185

"I'd hate to think how they treat their customers. "

Don't worry about it, Eric, because none of my "customers" are remotely like you. You are in a class by yourself.

And why is it when somebody's appalling behavior is called out to them, they always respond how sorry they feel for others? Just an observation.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 3:12pm
Msg #452209

You don't know me so how would you know? Are you judging me based on one thread in a newsgroup?! If so, I rest my case!

And who called out my behavior as appalling??

Reply by Yolanda Russo on 1/25/13 11:17am
Msg #452161

Never.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 1/25/13 12:16pm
Msg #452173

Cudos to Eric

So often I see threads where someone asks an unclear question, and the responses point out that the question can't be answered without further information, and the original poster just disappears. So the rest of us wonder whether the original poster ever found a solution to the issue, or what the answer would have been if the question had been fleshed out. But Eric came back with details that allowed us to understand the situation and focus in on what part of the question determines the answer.

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 12:44pm
Msg #452184

Re: Cudos to Eric

Thanks...I appreciate that.

I wouldn't have come here if I didn't think I could get a good answer, I was just shocked at some of the attitude of those attempting to help.

Rest assured, after this, I'll never ask another question here, and wonder how many others who have visited feel the same way.

That's a shame. We should come together as notaries, not offend others.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/25/13 1:17pm
Msg #452191

IMO whether specifically spelled out in your state law, a

notary cannot notarize their own signature under any circumstances. Too bad everyone got OT.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/25/13 1:22pm
Msg #452192

I don't see OT in this thread at all...maybe I missed it. n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 1/25/13 1:24pm
Msg #452193

OK, one more as I didn't see this addressed.

If I don't have notary certificate attached, I kind of ignore that aspect as the docs are given to me by others, and I have to assume (oh, I know, not always the best policy) they know what they are doing and needing.

If there is a certificate attached, per CA required verbiage, whether ACK or Jurat, the language is pretty specific and almost always says the same thing: "who appeared before me." Thinking of it that way, how can I appear before myself other than via mirror?

http://tinyurl.com/ayxccdr

Just a thought that this may help to head off the questioning sometimes.

Another thought: precision is great. That was the entire scope here during this examination. Please Eric, don't be so quick to judge and close an avenue that can be great for you and your growth in this field. Lurk if you feel more comfortable, but while doing so try to keep in mind that the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

One of the things I learned in college was that finding the right question is harder to do than not. I have had my head on a pike on the gates to the Notary Kingdom more than once due to improper formulation of a question or its answer. That is one of the problems of writing online as quickly as we sometimes do.

See you later?

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 3:06pm
Msg #452206

Re: OK, one more as I didn't see this addressed.

No...I've been upset all morning since this happened....simply for trying to get some help. I've seen now that I'm not the first to complain about how people are treated here. If I have questions in the future, I'll just go to the Secretary of State or call my notary teacher...there will be derision from them.

I don't think I judged quickly, especially after reading other problematic posts here.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/25/13 3:12pm
Msg #452208

You learn as you go; you learn as you grow.

That self-examination forced upon you can be painful, but it is equivalent to growth hormone. And legal, too.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/25/13 3:33pm
Msg #452214

Re: OK, one more as I didn't see this addressed.

Eric,
in this business you need to get a thick skin. Notary 101 is you do not notarize your own signature! There are complaints on this forum from those who ask basic questions they should already know the answers to if they have studied notary laws and they do not like the answers they get. This is a professional forum, it isn't really here to teach notaries basic notary laws.
Think about it, you notarize your own signature, you are saying you appeared before yourself and are saying you acknowledged before yourself that you signed the document of your own free will. Or in the case of an affidavit you administered the oath to yourself.

As you say you can go to the Secretary of State or call your notary teacher and there will be derision from them (derision being contemptuous ridicule or mockery)

Reply by Les_CO on 1/25/13 4:39pm
Msg #452230

:) ! n/m

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/25/13 5:14pm
Msg #452238

Hey Sylvia - Hi & I hope all is well with you. n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/25/13 5:29pm
Msg #452240

Re: Hey Sylvia - Hi & I hope all is well with you.

Thanks Stephanie. Just got over bronchitis and flu and I am also scheduled for surgery on the 7th February. Other than that I am fineSmile

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/25/13 6:54pm
Msg #452264

Universe balance restored! Sylvia posted :) n/m

Reply by Bear900/CA on 1/25/13 6:51pm
Msg #452261

This has been at some points amusing. It’s like a “Lost” episode you don’t want to see but just had to finish. Any case…

Anytime we conjecture about a rule or law we are_______________________.

That’s why we stick to what instructions we are given, and not venture or interpret what we are NOT given.

That would be _________________________.

As a process server you are a link in the chain of requirements under the 14th amendment’s right to Due Process. Your service is intended to protect the person’s right to due process not to protect yourself.

Ask yourself, “What if I was called to the stand and asked WHY I notarized my own signature by some high profile attorney whose client claims he was not properly served?”

Can you hear his words? “Why did you feel you NEEDED to do that?”

Could he focus on you as part of the breakdown that robbed his client of his due process?

My point may be extreme but is it worth looking at. As are the others.

Thanks

Reply by Eric Andrist on 1/25/13 7:47pm
Msg #452272

The notarization would have nothing to do with the service itself. All it proves is that I signed the document. There is no legal requirement for a notarization on a service summons, it's just one of those extra things someone may require.

Having said that, I'm sure you're all right.

My apologies for being so lame-brained and that my question was so upsetting to some that it brought out their dark sides.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.