Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #608526

12 replies
Did everyone had a record June? June Closing Rates Highest
By grapebed on 7/18/19 8:01pm

in 8 years.

Mortgage News Daily

July 18th, 2019

"Closing rates for mortgage loans were at the highest level in June since Ellie Mae began collecting the data in 2011. The company, in its June Origination Insight Report, said 76.8 percent of all loans closed, up from a rate of 75.6 percent the previous month. Closing rates on purchase loans hit 78.8 percent while the rate for refinances was 73.4 percent. Ellie Mae basis closing rates on applications submitted 90 days earlier, in this case in March."

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/07182019_ellie_mae_loan_metrics.asp

I did not have a record month in June.

Msg #608513

21 replies
Zome, in-house SS for Title 365
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/18/19 5:21pm

I've never worked for this company. I did get a call durnig the pre holiday week of the Fourth of July, for Saturday 10am. Which I accepted, after negotiating a higher fee than $90. I was told the documents would be sent to me Friday, since Thursday being a holiday weekend, they would not be at the office on Saturday.

Friday came and went. I was pretty busy. I never did get a confirmation, so I had no clue where I'd be going nor did I have a client name or contact number to confirm. So to me, it was a no-go from the start.

They apparently found a cheaper notary.

Msg #608509

4 replies
Scam / Notary / Zendegui Law Group, P.A / Emily Furlong
By Liz lopez on 7/18/19 1:10pm

BE AWARE!!!!!
THE EMAIL BELOW IS A SCAM. DO NOT ENGAGE OR OPEN ATTACHMENTS!!
They are also using the names Michael Hickins and Ron Miller.

Please call before accepting a notary job! Scams are on the rise!!!!

Subject: Notary closing Tuesday 07/23

Good morning,

I have some client that needs to sign a few docs on Tuesday for a private loan refinance and purchase in your County. Do you have availability for this? Please advise and let me know your fee?I will reply as soon as i can because i would be in closing all through today.

Thanks,

--
Thank You,
Emily Furlong
Legal Assistant
Zendegui Law Group, P.A.
10800 Biscayne Blvd, Ste 725
Miami, FL 33161

Msg #608507

4 replies
Heloc with Faxbacks $55 unreal. Insult! Smoking something?
By Heather Reinhold on 7/18/19 11:23am

Signature Closers for those who are curious

Msg #608490

7 replies
New notary in NC
By Tyrone Murray on 7/17/19 2:11pm

What are the basic supplies I need to get started doing signings?

Msg #608483

8 replies
On another topic
By  ikando on 7/17/19 11:42am

On 7/14, LuckyDog, in his response to a post about a buyer insisting that the seller complete the sale at a lesser amount than originally agreed to, said: "The seller can sell at any price reasonable they want (bidding wars), it's not up to the buyer to determine the price they feel they want."

Doesn't that same sentiment apply to NSAs? We are the sellers of our services. When the buyers of that service insist that the fee they want to pay is less than we need to be paid for our survival, is that really acceptable?

I know many will respond that you gotta take what they offer. I disagree with that sentiment. This is a market that is challenged in many ways, the RON factor included. But because the human factor is still required at some point, while the pickin's may be slim at times, it's best in the long run to stand your ground. Your value is in your person, not in the paperwork.

Msg #608481

3 replies
Personal Safety while working
By  ikando on 7/17/19 11:24am

This article was written to Realtors, but it also impacts we notaries. And is another reason why low fee offers should not be seriously considered. WE are the only ones going to meet with signers, not the signing service, lender or title company.

https://activerain.com/blogsview/5388146/staying-safe-as-a-realtor--this-year?utm_campaign=base&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dailydrop

Msg #608463

0 replies
Helping another notary with VT RULONA notarial certificates
By  VT_Syrup on 7/16/19 3:07pm

At the end of the month I'm meeting with the other justices of the peace (JPs) in my town for one of our non-notarial duties. JPs are encouraged to be notaries, which is why we don't have to pay the $15 fee to the state. One of the other JPs called me. She isn't very comfortable with computers, and had trouble doing the online commission application, so I'm going to help her.

At the same time, I'd like to give her some sample certificates; some of the other JPs may want some too. I'd appreciate feedback from notaries from states that have enacted RULONA about whether I have any goofs in my Microsoft Word certificates. Of course, I can't post Word here, but you know where to find them.

I based my certificates on the ones posted at the Uniform Law Commission, and omitted the act, copy certification, that is not authorized for Vermont. The typography in the two versions of the Vermont law is bad and worse.

Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts by Uniform Law Commission, final act with comments:

https://www.uniformlaws.org/HigherLogic/System/DownloadDocumentFile.ashx?DocumentFileKey=aec212eb-a1e8-183a-13dd-587c7604666e&forceDialog=0

Msg #608462

4 replies
Ten Years And I Finally Found A Great Discount Toner Source
By  PegiT_MN on 7/16/19 3:06pm

They are a company based out of California and they recently contacted me to let me know they would like to try and help me save money on my printing costs. I am still testing the waters with this company, but so far I am impressed with the pricing of the toner cartridges, the quality of the print, and the overall customer service. The cartridges are shipped UPS ground and they invoice you. If you don't like the product, they ask you not to pay their invoice. So far I like their cartridges. I have never had good luck with the ones I have ordered from the other toner places and have always went straight back to HP brand.

I am not sure if it is considered "advertising" for me to post the name of the company so p.m. me if you would like more details, or someone let me know if I can post who it is.

So far I am saving about $75.00 per month in toner costs.

Msg #608444

6 replies
All Purpose Acknowledgment in a loan package
By nachie/NY on 7/16/19 8:42am

Hello!

I'm a new signing agent. I've already done a couple of loan packages. I get nervous about the all purpose acknowledgement that is included in most loan packages. I know that notaries are not supposed to notarized blank acknowledgements as they can be used for fraudulent acts.

Can any one on this blog tell me what is the best way to handle this? Someone with more experience than me. Thanks

Msg #608438

11 replies
Please remember when "picking up" loan applications...
By BobbiCT on 7/16/19 7:01am

Below is snip from recent CT news about a mortgage lender that is now in serious trouble with the State. Please remember, if your state requires licensing to "take" a loan application be careful what you say when "picking up" a loan application for a lender or loan officer.

"At issue is an accusation by the department, made last fall ... [lender] illegally uses unlicensed mortgage sales people to take applications for ... home loans. The department moved to revoke the company’s license in a multi-count charge ..."

Msg #608435

5 replies
Closing Day/U&OB Notary Services
By  KimmyMD on 7/16/19 6:33am

Hello:
Has anyone received an email from this company? I’ve never worked for them. The email was addressing all the complaints in the business related to our line of work. I’ll include a few examples of the email. To me this was insulting to receive, been in business long enough to know how to conduct myself.

Good day. It has been brought to our attention by several of our clients that SOME of our closers have done/are doing the following:

Refused/Opted not to provide an explanation of the documents
Arrived late without notice to anyone
Brought other parties to the closing (children, spouses, trainees, etc.)
Not provided a copy to the signers of the documents
Been confrontational, rude or unpleasant
Dressed inappropriately at the closing (jeans, t-shirts, flip-flops, non-business professional attire is unacceptable)
Refused to send scans/faxbacks

We cannot have this. We make commitments to our clients that we use only the most knowledgeable, professional and patient closers. It is essential that this be true. We are here to provide training, guidance, answer questions, concerns, etc.

Msg #608432

16 replies
ZigSig references
By  Notary/ on 7/15/19 11:28pm

Hello Notaries,

If you have worked with ZigSig Signings please advise on the company, timely payment, and ease of working with them. Their website does not give their location; www.zigsig.net. Respectfully, Guy

Msg #608430

4 replies
N3 Notary
By Regina White on 7/15/19 5:04pm

I accepted an assignment to complete an I-9 with this company last week at a rate of $85 (due to travel time over 40 mins one way). Upon completion of the appointment, I uploaded the I-9 form to their website. They also require notaries to complete a Remote Hire Agency Form (RHAF) and upload it to their site as well. When I attempted to upload the RHAF, the I-9 form was deleted (the site only allows for 1 doc to be uploaded). Because of this, I sent the RHAF as an email attachment. Today I received an email stating my payment could be forfeited because they haven't received my RHAF form. I again forwarded them the email with attachment sent on the date of the appointment. Additionally, today I faxed the RHAF to the fax number provided in the email. I continue to receive emails stating my payment could be forfeited due to not receiving the form. I realize that this is just a farce used by N3 to avoid paying for my services. I attempted to again log into their website using the user name and password THEY provided, but it is NO LONGER VALID! Please avoid this company BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR YOUR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES!!!!

Msg #608424

2 replies
CM Signings, Phoenix AZ G/B/U? Any recent experience? n/m
By FeliseSoCal on 7/15/19 12:39pm

Msg #608395

17 replies
how does this happen?
By notarydi/CA on 7/14/19 12:57pm

A real estate question.....

So, the house next door to me sold for $670,000. Appraisal came in at $670,000. Seller was selling this house to buy a house for her daughter down in San Diego. So, 3-4 weeks into the transaction the buyers decide to get their own appraisal. It comes in at $652,000. They demand a sale price reduction to the $652,000. or they're backing out. Seller is between a rock and a hard spot as she's in escrow on a concurrent property down in San Diego. She can't afford to lose the one down in San Diego and try to re-sell the one here, so, she caves and agrees to the $652,000.

That's just not right to me. How can this be legal? Is that how real estate is done these days?

Msg #608386

3 replies
Message Deleted
By User from 66.182.119.118 on 7/14/19 8:30am

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Abusive

Msg #608384

13 replies
A strange thing happened Friday 7/12
By  Erwin/CA on 7/13/19 8:43pm

I did two signings Friday and turned down five signings. I usually get three or four signing calls per week. It was really unusual getting calls for seven signings in one day. My wife kept saying "is this the end of the month." Was there anything special Friday and did this happen to anyone else.
Hope everyone is having a nice summer. Erwin

Msg #608377

5 replies
Listings in Signing Central - Notary Rotary
By  jojo_MN on 7/13/19 1:09pm

I wrote this in response to another post; however, believe this topic deserves it's own.

If Notary Rotary would just list every company and not categorize according to the part of the country they work in, it would help. I have run across this many times to look in Signing Central just not to see them listed anywhere. That is one of the reasons I always do a search. Many times you see comments in the forum for companies that don't show up in Signing Central. Many companies state they operate locally, when in fact, they operate nationally.

It would make life much easier if they would just come up in the list for all paid members to see regardless if they national or local. Also, I believe it would be easier for them to be administrator for that reason.

Msg #608372

1 replies
WE Rock
By Clem/CA on 7/13/19 9:45am

SANTA BARBARA RANKED 3RD WORST CITY FOR FIRST-TIME HOME BUYERS

That means less explaining at closings

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.