Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #612589

4 replies
LOL! That kid in school that always keeps raising their hand n/m
By Mobile1/PA on 11/20/19 7:41pm

Msg #612584

12 replies
Accurate Group and DocPros have surprised me...
By NK_UT on 11/20/19 6:50pm

... by increasing their fees over the past month or so on their SD notification blasts.

Anyone else notice any fee increases from other companies?

Msg #612567

17 replies
Snapdocs SS reviews are unfair and one sided
By Haroon Anwarzai on 11/20/19 3:02pm

C2C was nice enough to post what some company has posted about me in Snapdocs.

Hanna C2C Scheduler at Coast2Coast Signings Inc., a division of SoCal Signing Co.
this is in your notary profile on snapdocs, btw
Notary accepts signing and then request more funds for the "time" to print docs, etc. Always a reason for him to request an additional $10-$20. USE AS A LAST RESORT ONLY.

In response I wrote:

Hi Hanna

Thank you for sharing. We also need to justify our pay and time, especially if I am printing over 200 pages and paying for the gas and spending time with the clients. I ask what is a very fair fee for my time. I am sorry that some companies fail the value of experienced loan signing agent. Middle and lower management will always try to save money whereas an owner will see the quality of the job done. Thank you for removing me from the assignment.

Haroon Anwarzai

As a Loan Signing Agent and notary, we value our time and resources. Is there a way for us to see who posted a review about me? and do you think I am being fair?

Msg #612560

6 replies
Has anyone received an email from Yvonne Scudero,
By SC/CA on 11/20/19 1:03pm

A.V.P., Fidelity National Title Group, Field Compliance Department ? I received an email from her asking to update my status. I am on Fidelity's appoved list, and can understand the need for updating information. However, I just wanted to check and see if anyone else works with her before I reply to her email. Thank you in advance for you input.

Msg #612558

1 replies
Island Title in Florida. Any experience? n/m
By  ikando on 11/20/19 12:18pm

Msg #612539

14 replies
Hmmmm...is it just me?
By Mary_in_VA on 11/20/19 9:29am

CDs must have been out yesterday for Friday closings...right? Sure! Yeah! Lenders always get CDs to borrowers on time. Heeheehee! ROFL!!

I say this because, so far today, I have not received a single, solitary request to schedule a closing for Friday, not even from the dreaded lowballers. Ah well, Friday and Saturday being EOM for this month, we can all look forward to those last minute, "we're desperate" fees.

Msg #612536

6 replies
I think someone forgot to push the "send" button
By  Cheryl Elliott on 11/20/19 7:07am

Last night I aborted a signing for lack of docs, paper and hybrid esign docs. I accepted the signing earlier in the day for 8:30pm (this is my PJ hour) last night. I got all the signals. Appointment reminder. On time. Still, no docs. Called for hours on three different 800 hotlines. No response.

I struggled with this assignment for hours. Borrowers finally contacted me and said they thought they had the documents, but it turned out all they had was the CD.

We aborted the signing because no documents were uploaded to the portal for hybrid signing or to print. The borrower is very concerned since his rate lock expired yesterday.

My email to title this morning: Can someone please call borrowers and tell them what happened to their docs? And is this going to cost them their rate lock?

What happened? Did they throw the cat out, turn out the lights and forget to hit the "send" button?

Has any one else had this experience? In any case it would have been nice to have a courtesy call that the appointment cancelled for lack of final docs from lender.

Msg #612531

9 replies
Is something better than nothing? Revenue vs. Profit.
By JanetK_CA on 11/19/19 8:45pm

This is a copy of a message I posted a couple of weeks ago referring to a message from years ago. Some recent comments here have prompted me to post this again, especially since it probably got lost at the bottom of a thread. The first linked message offers one of the best perspectives I've read to help evaluate the economics of when "something is better than nothing" and when it's best to just let it go.

I very strongly recommend that everyone [especially newbies] read this longish, but extremely instructive message: Msg #488879. (It's just one of several on how to look at expenses. Other messages get more into the details of how to come up with those numbers. [Anyone have other favorite old messages on this topic?])

There will probably be three different types of reactions to Marian's message:

1) Wow... Eye opening! I never thought of it that way;
2) Of course! Anyone with basic business knowledge and good sense knows this; and
3) ... [Rather than try to explain, read the post by jba/fl in the same thread with Marian's message listed above. Msg #488936. It's worth it... Wink]

Msg #612513

1 replies
Notary Express - Waiting for check
By Beryl Butler on 11/19/19 2:48pm

I did a last minute closing for them 8/28/19 and today 11/19/19 still no check in the mail. Never have gotten a reply from my emails. This is one of the worst closings I have had since 2005. Three trips to the RV Park that their motor home was in with a hurricane coming. Rain and inches of water in the road - back dated CD from title, etc.

Think twice before accepting an assignment from them.

Msg #612503

8 replies
Lejeune notaries nonpayment
By Wais Sarwari on 11/19/19 12:11pm

Ron is a scam artist that will enjoy his life at your cost, so don't accept any closings from this company or Ron. He owes me for two closings that I did this year March and May

Msg #612496

25 replies
BBS lowballing.
By NK_UT on 11/19/19 11:14am

Got assigned to a signing for 1 pm today. When the order came through, I checked the address, and three separate locations popped up on my Google Maps. Maps even popped up a message saying it wasn't sure which location I was referring to.

I thought the signing was going to be a quick 10 miles round trip. Turned out it was closer to 70 round trip. When I called BBS to ask about that, I asked for a modest rate increase. They refused and countered with a sub-xxx rate, only a mere ten dollars less than what I asked.

The original rate was not that high of an amount in the first place, but I thought it was only a few miles away, plus it's a tiny package, so I thought "Eh. Why not?". I was still willing to drive the distance for a fee that was still lower than I should have accepted, but they wouldn't budge on that 10 dollars difference.

I've worked for them once or twice in the past, never had an issue. This refusal to increase the fee that extra 10 dollars to account for a significantly longer than expected drive time is a major turn off.

I searched BBS on SC, nothing came up. Searched them in forum posts and they come up under Bullis Business Services, I believe. Turns out that everyone has said pretty much the same thing.

A few seconds after I was removed from the signing, a notification came through on SD for the rate that I had asked for.

It's like... Come on. These SSs send all kinds of instructions and express frustration with notaries who make mistakes, but don't want to pay reasonable fees that notaries who don't make mistakes ask for? How is that helping anyone?

Msg #612493

9 replies
I'm still getting offers from that law firm that replaced me
By Connie Thingstad on 11/19/19 8:23am

sometimes you just know down deep in your bones that it's going to be one of those closings that drag on and on because either underwriters are not happy or the title company scheduled something not ready for closing.

i just roll my eyes every time i get that low ball offer to do this signing. This has been going on since last week and the law firm hasn't raised the amount one time. Guess they aren't desperate enough yet and docs are probably not even ready yet.

Msg #612467

20 replies
"A Blockchain-Based Digital Notary" - NOT!
By JanetK_CA on 11/18/19 3:32pm

Saw this article on Source of Title this morning:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2019/11/12/a-blockchain-based-digital-notary-what-you-need-to-know/#7c2b86954557

This guy may know a lot about blockchain, but he has no clue as to what a "Notary Public" [in the US] actually is. I got the impression that he might be writing from a different country where this perspective may be more accurate, but we all know his description of what a "public notary" is in this country has no correlation at all to what he describes.

It's an improper - and extremely misleading - use of our title, even if it's a tiny bit modified. I found it shocking that something this misinformed would be published in Forbes. (I wish there was a comment section!) It's a real eye-roller...

Msg #612453

15 replies
Printer
By Tasha Holland on 11/18/19 11:05am

Hello all,

As a newbie, is there a specific printer anyone can recommend that would be good to get the jobs completed?

Thank you for your assistance

Msg #612452

0 replies
Cleaning fusion roller on HP Laserjet P3015
By Colonel/IA on 11/18/19 11:04am

I watched the YouTube video on how to take the printer apart and do this. Is there any way to clean it without taking the printer apart?

Msg #612448

7 replies
COMPANIES TO AVOID: LOW FEE & DELAY IN PAYMENT
By MDR MOBILE NOTARY - fred on 11/18/19 8:03am

1. NOTARY ASAP: You have to wait 3 months after many phone calls to get.
2. Accurate groups:You have to wait 3 months after many phone calls to get.
3. Loop Notary: completed signing on 7/17/19 and received payment on 11/1/19.
4. Express Notary: completed signing on 7/11/19 and received payment on 9/4/19

Msg #612442

7 replies
I have to share this! It's priceless.
By  Eve/VA on 11/17/19 6:08pm

Sometimes, I'm cc'd on group emails between TC and LO, etc. re getting the loan package ready for closing. It just clogs up my emails, but whatever. This whole thing was a mess - they were now on their third try at this package because no one was looking this stuff over. (On the second package, I pointed out that the loan amount on the Note didn't match the loan amount on the CD. No big deal, right?)

Anyway, one of the participants sends out an email to 6 people, myself included, stating: "The notary thought the closing was at 7 AM this morning instead of 7 PM last night! We have to redo the documents! What a mess!"

I hesitated for about a nano second and decided I didn't care if I ever heard from this company again and responded to the group.

Reply to All: "Excuse me. I am the notary signing agent that has been handling this signing. I was copied on this email. I did not get the times mixed up. The documents were too late and I had to leave for another appointment. I was clear about my deadline up front."

Hilarious! And, no, i didn't receive nary a reply.

Msg #612440

5 replies
Anyone have experience with Google Voice, etc.?
By JanetK_CA on 11/17/19 5:39pm

I've been thinking that a separate phone number(s) for personal use and/or other non-notary business activities might be a good idea. I'm not thinking of changing my notary business number because it's listed in too many places and would be a major headache to try to change. It would also be a huge headache to change the phone number I use for verification of various accounts, however, but that might be safer in the long run.

I also have to admit that the idea of depending on Google for one more communication tool when they're already saving info on virtually everything I do online gives me pause. And I'm not comfortable giving apps access to my phone Contacts list, but I guess Google already has that by default. (I have an Android device.) [I frequently see comments/news about Facebook and all the data they collect, but it surprises me that we don't hear more about all that Google collects...]

I've done a little reading on options (most of which aren't free) and pros and cons of Google Voice, but would be interested in any personal experience of others, especially those in this field. One reviewer mentioned three cons (mostly for Google Voice as primary #): 1) no access to 911, 2) no direct support beyond help forums, and 3) risk of occasional down time. Have any of you used a different type of service for extra phone numbers on one device?

TIA for any feedback.

Msg #612435

4 replies
Matt Miller, I support you! I hope more notaries will see
By  Cheryl Elliott on 11/17/19 9:42am

the merit in fighting RON. We have more than 168,000 notaries in CA. If everyone gave $5, it would go a long way toward the challenge of defeating this proposed legislation. But most notaries will not.

Please consider helping Matt with his expenses. Gas alone driving to Sacramento from SF is a huge expense. So far, only 25 people have donated. Let's show Matt our support for his important work in our behalf.

Join the challenge, help Matt fight AB199. Don't let big business giants rule over our NPPI and our fees.

gogetfunding.com

Msg #612423

2 replies
Vylla Title
By Walt Ashley on 11/16/19 9:48am

Anyone heard of them?

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.