Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #39

23 replies
SIGN ON THE X
By Anonymous on 6/17/03 8:56am

I TALKED TO A GIRL IN THE OFFICE YESTERDAY AND SHE SAID THEY WERE GOING TO DROP THE FEE THAT THEY PAY THERE NOTARIES FROM 50. TO 45. BECAUSE THEY HAD TO DROP THE FEE THEY CHARGED THE LENDERS SO THEY COULD GET THE LENDERS TO COME BACK TO THEM ( BE MORE COMPETITIVE ) WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THAT? WHY WOULD THE LENDERS LEAVE THEM?

Msg #38

2 replies
Remitting Invoices once a month-BAH HUMBUG!!
By Lorraine George on 6/14/03 12:05am

Hey, I just want to say that I have a problem with companies that make you send an invoice in at the end of the month instead of taking it when the work is completed-I am doing another signing for Sign on the X today- although they eventially pay the notary it takes a long time to get the payment. The accounting dept won't even take an invoice from the notary until the first of each month-so what's up with that? I was a bookkeeper for 27 years and have never heard of anthing so stupid in my life! Of course it's to the benefit of Sign on the X since they don't even pay for another 30 days according to their contract-by the time I get my pay they have used my money for at least 45 days to earn interest. Most lenders pay within two weeks from closing-which means Sign on the X has used my money for 45 days to two months! How about a little more integrity where payment delays are concerned? I would greatly appreciate it. Most of the companies that I do work for pay me within two weeks and I very much appreciate those honest and well run companies. I do excellent work and expect to get a timely payment for my services. Hense, I think I have just done my last Sign on the X-it's not worth the trouble to wait two months and spend my money on gas and take my time when I can work for companies that pay me in a timely manner. Not to mention, the last time I tried to get payment from them I was treated rudely by the hired help. Honesty is my policy-not to mention-treat others the way you wish to be treated or expect flack!

Msg #37

0 replies
Thanks to all the Companies!!!
By Lorraine George on 6/13/03 1:03am

I just wanted to take a moment to say a serious thanks to all of the companies who use my services. I love my job! I hope to be of assistance to you as often as possible. I hate to turn a signing down but once in awhile I do get over loaded-please accept my apologies for those times.

Lorraine

Msg #36

5 replies
Got my first call already!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Cathie Nichols on 6/4/03 5:14pm

Yikes! I signed up with a couple of the agencies listed on this site and I got a call today for a signing on Friday. Fortunately, I got really good advice here and went to visit that free site written by the gal in Ohio. I read it while looking at my own loan docs and I think that I can do it, but I'm still a smidge nervous!

It's for a home equity line of credit. Any special tips about these?

Thanks,
Cathie

Msg #35

0 replies
Loan docs
By Cathie Nichols on 6/4/03 1:18pm

So they say where to notarize, Docrunner? I went through my personal loan docs and it was unclear.

As for the NNA, would you say that you got benefits out of joining? I'm tired of joining groups and getting nothing. Is there anything else worth joining? And, finally, is anyone doing very well with this business?

Again, thanks for the info. If anyone wants to email me privately, please do so at CN2itNow@hotmail.com in order not to bore all the seasoned signers.

Thanks.
Cathie

Msg #34

0 replies
New Agent Yes You Can
By DOCRUNNER on 6/4/03 7:11am

Cathie Go through your Doc Look for where your notary is required. take your time. you will be find The mortgage may Requier Initials (look on The Bottom of the page) The note may require the same Initials. Take your time you will do great. I must say that the Colmbus Notary Singing Traning Is a great help. Join NNA you cant Go Wrong. Make sure you get Proper ID Make sure if you have to pick up a check that the client knows the Certified funds.

Be Blessed
Docrunner

Msg #33

0 replies
Thank You
By Cathie Nichols on 6/3/03 12:00am

Myla, thanks for the information. I had been thinking about taking the course through the NNA since it will be in my neighborhood next Saturday. I read so much yesterday that my head is spinning!

Again, thanks for the answer to my question. It is very much appreciated.

Take care,
Cathie

Msg #32

0 replies
New Notary
By Myla Holmes on 6/2/03 4:47pm

Hi Cathie -

Here are some resources:

123notary.com loan signing courses, Signing Registry Training Guide, Just Point and Sign, Reeves-Hary signing agent training, NNA signing agent certification course - prices vary. There's a no-charge loan signing overview at columbusnotary.com.

Good luck to you!

Myla Holmes
www.firstchoicenotary.com

Msg #31

1 replies
New Notary
By Cathie Nichols on 6/2/03 4:09pm

Hello. I am a new notary. I've had my commission for a couple months. The gal who got me into this biz has stopped providing me with assistance (I think she's very, very busy) in the loan doc. area. I've recently become the exclusive for a lender and now (Yikes) I have several loan doc signings to do this month BUT NO EXPERIENCE. The good news is that I am a Realtor, so I have a basic understanding of loan docs, etc., but I don't know which ones require a notary's seal. If anyone could help me, I would really, really appreciate it. Are there any other sites where I can read how to do a loan doc signing or someone willing to take a call?

Thank you for your time,
Cathie

Msg #30

0 replies
Signing Agent Software
By Victoria Ring on 5/25/03 2:07am

I am a Notary Signing Agent and I use Easy 1-Person Office for my business. It keeps track of which mortgage/title company still owes me money and how much profit my business is making. To download a free demo and give this a try, go to http://www.lawyerassistant.com/software/

Msg #29

0 replies
No new forum mesage
By DOCRUNNER on 5/24/03 11:34pm

Everyone must be busy no new message since 5/15/2003. this is only to say THANK GOD for the Business. I hope all is well with everyone and pay checks are being paid. I'm looking for a company that has a good track record (title co) that will pay more often than monthly People have a Blessed holiday

Msg #28

1 replies
Assured Signing Promises to Make Good
By Dawn Rinchiuso on 5/15/03 12:00am

Okay, here's the deal.. Assured HAS closed its doors. They are trying to recoup monies that THEY are owed so that they can, in turn, pay their notaries what they are due. I finally got an e-mail from them stating their situation. What SHOULD have happened is that Assured should have e-mailed every one of the notaries that they owe money to and this "non payment" issue would not have even appeared in this forum. Life goes on..................

Msg #27

0 replies
Assured Signing
By Anonymous on 5/8/03 5:17pm

Yes, they have gone out of business, but they are still reachable. I get weekly emails from them updating their notaries on the status of paychecks. Apparently, they are caught up through February and are working on March checks. They owe me almost $400, and I am confident they'll come through.

What is that saying? You can catch more flys with honey than with vinegar? Something like that. Oh, and patience is a virtue.

Msg #26

0 replies
Assured Signing Service - OUT OF BUSINESS
By Dawn Rinchiuso on 5/7/03 3:37pm

Just thought I'd post to let everyone know that this company "skipped town."
I tried to contact them by every means I could and even had a friend stop by their offices to see if they are still in business. Sure enough, they have disappeared. They also owe me $50. Not that that means that much to me, it could mean a great deal to someone who needs all their money for bills. I HAVE reported them to the Better Business Bureau. Further, I contacted the Settlement Agent (the title company that I did the actual signing for) and they have agreed to pay me the money.... it DOES pay to keep good records AND to see if the Settlement Agent could pay you if this ever happens to you.

Msg #25

0 replies
Notaries Wanted
By JudyCA on 5/4/03 7:03pm

This was posted in Feb. 2003. I agree with the message but why is the person anonymous? Why hide your identity?

Why is it that Notaries are advertising in the "Notaries Wanted Forum"? The forum clearly states that it's for "Signing agencies, closing companies and banks can use this forum to ADVERTISE THEIR ORGANIZATION to NOTARIES."

Nowhere does it state that NOTARIES should ADVERTISE THEIR SERVICES. I think the webmaster should delete those posts so that we can see if there are any actual ORGANIZATIONS wanting to ADVERTISE FOR notaries.

Msg #24

1 replies
Notary Agent Software
By Precious on 4/30/03 2:00am

Thanks Eugene Haug for the information on the Notary agent software. I just ordered it. I hope it doesn't take 2 weeks to receive it as they claim. That software is going to be perfect for this type of business. I can track everything for my business that is required. Thank you a million times.

Precious

Msg #23

0 replies
Notary Supplies
By Anonymous on 4/28/03 12:44am

I need to buy a new stamp and journal. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good on-line store? It seems NNA keeps raising their prices on everything.

Thanks in advance!

Msg #22

0 replies
Express Signings Nationwide in CA
By Anonymous on 4/23/03 7:14pm

Never fails. Every message board I have viewed I always find someone who this company has taken advantage of. Please, please, please, if you haven't already, please file a BBB report on this company if they have failed to pay you. At least there will be documentation of this companies practices and we can help protect other notaries. I beg you please file a report, it can be done online. www.bbb.com . It has been over four months since I have provided a service for this company and they have not paid. I come in contact with people almost every day who they have done the same thing to. Come on guys! Let's put them out of business. My email address is leebiz@earthlink.net. I have their last know telephone numbers, email and address. Email for the info.

Msg #21

0 replies
Express Signings Nationwide
By Anonymous on 4/23/03 7:14pm

Never fails. Every message board I have viewed I always find someone who this company has taken advantage of. Please, please, please, if you haven't already, please file a BBB report on this company if they have failed to pay you. At least there will be documentation of this companies practices and we can help protect other notaries. I beg you please file a report, it can be done online. www.bbb.com . It has been over four months since I have provided a service for this company and they have not paid. I come in contact with people almost every day who they have done the same thing to. Come on guys! Let's put them out of business. My email address is leebiz@earthlink.net. I have their last know telephone numbers, email and address. Email for the info.

Msg #20

0 replies
Thanks ASAP for coming through also!!! I do appreciate it!
By Lorraine George on 4/21/03 5:37pm

OK-it has been my lucky day-ASAP has come through also-thanks so much for the check-I do appreciate receiving the money. Thanks.

Lorraine George

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.