Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #601391

7 replies
The wisdom of PAW
By  John/CT on 12/20/18 7:06pm

His motto: “We Do Three Types of Jobs Here …

GOOD, FAST AND CHEAP
You May Choose Any Two

• If It is Good and Cheap, It Will Not Be Fast.
• If It is Good and Fast, It Will Not Be Cheap.
• If It is Fast and Cheap, It Will Not Be Good.

Greatly missed, but never forgotten.

Msg #601382

2 replies
Heads up
By IAC on 12/20/18 3:29pm

Recently did a assignment for CMTAS out of CA. The lawyer who contacted me for the CAL was out of NY. His name is Jeff. I have done a number of these for other firms never had problem getting paid. My terms on CAL is payment due upon receipt of completed assignment. Usually I reaceive the payment 10-14 days. Well, I did get paid but had to send numerous emails and phone calls and only did I get a response when my email had the wording of attorney general. But the kicker is the main company was including my service fee. The main company sent me the tracking number need less to say it went to the NY lawyer who contacted me. Jeff. I receive a poorly handwritten check for my fee less service fee. Obviously, Jeff felt he needed to keep the additional funds for his hand written check or buy himself a xmas present. I did send a email to both parties but did not get a response. So notaries beware, if Jeff calls for a CAL I suggest getting paid upfront and save yourself a headache. Merry Christmas to all.

Msg #601377

10 replies
(I Ask Myself:) Why do I pay $ to this Site for this?:
By  Scriba/NM on 12/20/18 3:09pm

I want payment experience and I want to enter data. I go to S/C and nothing is there.
I go to ADD A COMPANY. I WASTE my time filling in all the information the form asks for, then this:

We're sorry. It appears the company you are trying to enter is already in our database. We have forwarded the details of your request to Notary Rotary Signing Central Administration for further investigation. If you would like to contact us regarding the addition of this company, please call us at 1-877-349-6588 and reference RequestID 2717.

I don't care if you're sorry. I'm sorry I wasted my time. Every time I want to add a company, I get this stupidity back. If you call, all you get is bla bla bla bla. Solidfi Title (also bought Linear Title) does business everywhere but it's INVISIBLE. To what end? What is this INVISIBLE business? Yes, I'm in New Mexico (sorry) but we ARE part of the United States and I DO business nationwide. I want to SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the information I am supposed to be paying for and I'm tired of some dummy determining that I don't need to SEE. I'm over 21 and now an adult (or so it would seem anyhow). I have to leave for a signing now.

Msg #601362

17 replies
News to me....a BS in Signing from the NNA
By  Cheryl Elliott on 12/20/18 1:07pm

Have any of you folks heard of this...it's a first to me.

Bachelor of Signing Administration with Signing Agent.com

I've never heard of this, you? MERRY MERRY!

Msg #601358

3 replies
Great news for Ohio Notaries!
By  Claudine Osborne on 12/20/18 12:41pm

There are some great changes coming for Ohio Notaries and the public we serve!!!

The Notary Reform legislation in Senate Bill 263, The Ohio Notary Public Modernization Act has been signed into law by our Governor Kasich! Effective in the Spring of 2019

Our own Roger Rill, a truly knowledgeable and devoted notary has been instrumental in getting this notary reform together! Roger has worked tirelessly on behalf of Ohio Notaries to get some much needed modernizing of our Ohio's antiquated notary laws! On behalf of Ohio Notaries Roger, I commend you and sincerely Thank you for all your efforts.

One person can make a difference! You can read more about this Reform on The Ohio Society of Notaries website!

Here are some of the highlights! Eliminates the 88 separate county notary applicant criteria; all notary applications will be handled directly by the Secretary of State, and will be online.
Notary applicants will be required to 1) Pass a statewide, uniform examination; 2) Pass a national background check (with fingerprints) administered by the Ohio BCI; 3) Receive 3 hours of mandatory training. This includes new attorneys.
Recording of commissions with County Recorders is eliminated.
Defines Jurat certificate wording
Requires current notaries (except attorneys) to receive mandated training at their first commission renewal following effective date
Allows Copy Certification by Document Custodian
No Bond Requirement; Journals remain optional (although strongly recommended in an employment situation)
Prohibit certain felons from holding a notary commission
Permits reasonable travel fees
Increases fees for any notarial act to $5 per notarization
Maintains satisfactory ID acceptance to Notary’s discretion
Allows reduction in required size of Notary Seal(!!)
Notary to ensure proper certificate for notarial act performed
Eliminates Notary Protests
Eliminates “Special Commissions”
Notary Complaints & Disciplinary actions handled by SOS
Prohibits notarizing for lineal family members
Allows a “Designated Signer” for disabled/incapacitated signers
Upon death or resignation, journals to be deposited with SOS
Permits notarization via video devices; $25 notary fee.

Msg #601330

7 replies
ACRO
By WenCa on 12/19/18 4:57pm

Has anybody heard of or worked with ACRO? American consumer rights organization.

Msg #601320

23 replies
Returning eDocs
By Jordan Ruelas on 12/19/18 2:29pm

So I've just been assigned my FIRST order through Snapdocs by Coast2Coast Signing. This is a simple loan modification with only 34 pages in total. C2C has instructed me to print and return 2 signed copies back to Escrow. They have included the FedEx label within the documents.

My question is do I put both copies in ONE return envelope or separated? Also I'm assuming these return envelopes have to be manila type?

Msg #601319

0 replies
FYI - interest rates raised again - 4th time in 2018
By Linda_H/FL on 12/19/18 2:03pm

www.cnn.com/2018/12/19/business/federal-reserve-december-rate-hike/index.html

Msg #601313

9 replies
Anyone familiar with Zigsig signing platform? n/m
By Luckydog on 12/19/18 12:17pm

Msg #601304

8 replies
Free software to create stamp images?
By  VT_Syrup on 12/19/18 7:05am

Has anyone found software to create round stamp images?

Several vendors will let you upload your own image, but do not offer the latest version of the Vermont notary official stamp:

https://www.sec.state.vt.us/professional-regulation/list-of-professions/notaries-public/notaries-public-official-stamps.aspx

Although the part of the law about the new stamp doesn't go into effect until July 1, there is no law about stamps currently in effect, so there is nothing to stop VT notaries from using the new version as soon they get their new commission number, which can be done today. For those notaries who have their commission expiration dates on their stamps, they will be needing new stamps February 11th. It would be a shame to get a new stamp that you can only use for 5 months.

Msg #601290

6 replies
Todays classic...
By Signerbill on 12/18/18 5:09pm

Signing at the bank... get there about 10 min. early tell the official greeter "I'm your Notary for your loan client Smith"... Ok,,, have a seat and you can use Mary's office when she off the phone. Older client walks in and ask the greeter if their Notary was available for her new trust and a couple of deeds. Greeter says (swear to God) "we don't have a Notary here but you can go to the UPS store... they usually have one. My client walks in as the older lady walks out and says to the greeter Hi we have an appointment to sign with the Notary.... Oh.. he's right here...

Msg #601285

19 replies
New notary-help
By Carla V. Rodriguez on 12/18/18 2:44pm

Hi everyone, I am a new NSA here in Kern County, CA. I would like to know which signing companies are the best ones to sign up with? I am trying to get approved with some of the title companies here but I've heard that sometimes it's a little hard when you're new. Nevertheless, I will try. Please help!

Thank You! Smile

Msg #601281

10 replies
Joanne Beverly
By  Mike Goodey on 12/18/18 10:55am

Anyone ever dealt with this person? She emailed me today and before I open it I want to be sure it's not infected. I looked in Signing Central for the company(Need A Notary) out of Beverly Hills but didn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Msg #601279

5 replies
note to newbies.....
By notarydi/CA on 12/18/18 10:16am

did a POA and QC Deed signing yesterday at a nursing home....towards the end of the signing the mom lying in her hospital bed says to her daughter...."So, why am I in isolation? What am I contaminated with?" Daughter replies, "Well, you're no longer in isolation and contaminated/contagious. They're going to move you to a new room today." Praying I don't catch anything.

Daughter calls me later in the day in a panic. She took the QC Deed to the LA County Recorder to get recorded. They rejected it......The "dialogue box" verbiage was at the top of the notary acknowledgment that I signed. The "BOX" was not. The verbiage was there but NO LINES drawn around it so the LA County Recorder rejected. Had to meet up with the daughter late yesterday to fix it.

Never a dull moment! Smile

Msg #601276

2 replies
UPS Store Too Busy to Notarize
By ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/17/18 10:43pm

I met with a new customer recently at Starbucks to notarize some routine paperwork. They found me on Google.

They told me that they first went to a UPS Store and waited in line behind a lot of customers shipping Christmas packages. When they finally got to the counter, the clerk said they were too busy shipping packages to notarize a document. The customer was not happy about wasting their time standing in line at UPS.

I also get calls from customers who drive to UPS and there is no notary on duty.

Check with your local UPS Store to see if they will refer general notary business to you.

Msg #601269

2 replies
Isn't it amazing. Appointment cancelled when ...
By  Ernest__CT on 12/17/18 6:50pm

... I mentioned that I could not and would not predate or postdate notarization.

Part A was to be notarized the day of the signing. Part B had a note to the signer that they should find a Notary and notarize Part B three days later. Was the company really expecting me to just keep the signer signing and me notarizing? (Yes, I think that was their expectation!)

If this sound familiar, you'd recognize the company name instantly....

Msg #601260

3 replies
"Painful process," per borrower ......
By Yoli/CA on 12/17/18 2:05pm

Accepted signing from TC last Thursday to be signed today, 12/17th, at 7:00 am for a 1st and 2nd. No docs by Friday evening. Saturday morning, I called TC to inquire only to be told docs were still at lender and would have to be rescheduled. I called borrower to inform. He tells me, "I don't doubt it. This whole mess has been a painful process."

We are now scheduled for 12/18th at 7:00 am. Borrower is a UPS driver and has to get on the road early. Keeping fingers crossed that docs come in by end of day ............ <sigh>

Msg #601259

4 replies
End of life documents are not cheap...
By  Cheryl Elliott on 12/17/18 1:38pm

I went to the County Recorder this morning, and discovered that SLO is very expensive when it comes to transferring vesting into a revocable, living trust. $75 to transfer, $20 for the PCOR and $14 for the Grant Deed, $3 each page thereafter (in this case, the legal description). There were five documents for SLO and one for SB county, a little less expensive, $78. Our legal descriptions exceed 3 pages due to road easements and water rights, mineral rights, etc.

But if it's not done, then it's only going to be more expensive without getting these transactions done hopefully in advance of 9-1-1 emergency conditions.

I was happy to get it done for my neighbors, friends, and wife are more comfortable with all the properties in the name of their trust.

End of life, hospice, if you haven't had to experience it yet with a loved one, well, there's a lot to tend to. My friend is very frail, isn't eating, is on oxygen and does not leave his bed. We used signature by mark as he has a hard time writing his name but is otherwise sharp as a tack. His neighbors were so gracious to come by three times to make it happen.

So this weekend, my family is converging on my homesite, and we're doing all their documents, cuz for some reason they think they are going to live forever and haven't been too concerned about these documents to date.

You never know when the end will come, better to be prepared than not.

Msg #601243

15 replies
New Notary Loan Signing Agent
By Sepideh Yahyavi on 12/16/18 5:59pm

Hi,
I have a newbie question and I hope I can get my question across correctly.

In the class I am taking it states that during a loan signing, you should fill out the journal first before you sign documents. My question is do you separate the pages necessary for notarization and do a journal entry for each one of them at the beginning and notarize it? Then place the pages back where they belong and start signing the documents?

Msg #601214

2 replies
Priority Notary (continued from Dec 7th) FYI
By Shoshana/AZ on 12/15/18 5:38am

Yesterday, while I was in the hospital having a procedure, I got a message from Eric that there was a problem with the signing I did for him last week.
1. I never did that signing due to the $50 cancellation fee. I told him to find a newbie.
2. I also noted that he requires a $1M E&O policy. I further explained that I am self-insured.
Is this SOP for him?
I just sent him an email explanation. No need to call and get aggravated over his overactive imagination!

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.