Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #603733

5 replies
Cromwell Mass Torts (CMTAS)
By Deborah BELL on 2/22/19 12:50pm

Hey Everyone, I don't know if anyone has received a call from this company to print a small package (11 pages) and meet with client to have them sign the agreements. If not, I would advise that you not accept this assignment. Because they were new, the agreement was that they pay me via cc once I had the documents signed and scanned back to them. Then the person (Amy) said, well we can't do that. Send the originals, and once they are received, we will pay you. Then I spoke with a second person (Jeff) who said, send us a PayPal invoice, and we will pay you. Once I scanned the docs over, sent the invoice and called to verify receipt, they refused to release the funds. Amy then said we will pay when the law firm receives, it usually takes a few weeks. Of course, Jeff is now not answering his phone. So, just steer clear. I opted to have them hire another Notary. I've wasted enough of my time on this. Hope this helps someone else.

Msg #603731

3 replies
HILARIOUS SPAMMER! DO NOT OPEN THIS PORTAL!
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/22/19 11:33am

Lisa Finn <lisa.fine1o28@gmail.com>
To:
Cheryl Elliott

Feb 22 at 8:02 AM

Hello,

I'm very sorry for my late response, i was not around because of my health issue. Are you still available for this signing? Details about the signing is on our portal. If you're available kindly confirm this appointment and register your profile on our portal ( below link will take you to our portal)

undergroundequip.com/online_portal

Lisa Finn

Licensed Title Agent #W277643

Executive Title Services of Florida, Inc.

5419 Main Street, New Port Richey, FL 34652

Msg #603727

5 replies
By  Lynn Gidlow on 2/22/19 10:11am

Does anyone have information on this entity?

Msg #603725

4 replies
SigningTRAC
By Tammy Glenn on 2/22/19 8:29am

11/28/18 I did a rush job for this company. They still have not paid me. They have asked for my credentials many times. I have sent them over. They still do not pay. Do not work for this company.

Msg #603719

0 replies
For NJ Notaries: Survey for NJ Notaries
By Tracy Smith on 2/22/19 4:16am

Hello to any notary from New Jersey who would help another notary out. I'm in a graduate instructional design (and I'm a notary) course and as part of a capstone project, working on creating an online course to educate NJ Notaries. The first part is Needs Assessment. Here is a link to a survey I created.

https://sites.google.com/view/tracy-smith-capstone/needs-assessment?authuser=0

The process is to determine needs of the potential students before developing a course. Thank you in advance for your help.

Msg #603710

5 replies
Another SCAM?
By Karla/OR on 2/21/19 9:58pm

I received a Text message just after 7 pm (PST) tonight from (408 944-5405). It said, "Congrats! A new signing has been assigned to you." It gave the BO's last name, date requested is "Today or Tomorrow, then gives a login of http://localhost/Prolink/Notary/User - Powered By ZigSig.com." I clicked on the link and only get this info: "Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server."

When you call the phone number, you get a recording to go to their site to communicate or Text back.

I went to their website ZigSig.com - looked legit with lots of 5 stars! Sent a message via their website saying I never requested this signing and that I am not able to open the link.

Just now they re-sent the same Text message to me showing a $91.00 fee and a different link of "http://localhost/Prolink/Re/goo/C094CySXXA=."

I am going to ignore it as I have called, sent an email and a Text advising I will not be doing this signing.

Any comments?

Msg #603684

45 replies
AB 199: California Online Notary Act of 2019
By  Hiba/CA on 2/21/19 12:11pm

Hi all, I looked under every combination of the words above to see if this group has been chatting about this, but nothing turned up. If I'm missing the thread, would someone kindly refer me to it? Smile

Anyway I got this in my inbox yesterday:
https://patch.com/california/san-francisco/oppose-ab-199-california-online-notary-act-2019

Msg #603675

8 replies
Executive Norary Services
By Suzanne/OH on 2/21/19 11:00am

Just got a call from executive notary services. I asked "What do you need?". She said we'll find somebody else and hung up(!)
Does anyone know anything about these people?

Msg #603654

9 replies
Multifunction dual sorting trays laser printer
By  Lloyd Dutcheshen on 2/20/19 6:59pm

As a notary I need to purchase a monochromatic multifunction laser printer that sorts and prints letter from legal in the same pdf file. What are my options?

Msg #603635

10 replies
More scam offers to earn $225
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/20/19 3:17pm

I have had a real run of these this week. Escrow people don't use gmail, yahoo or aol...personal email addys.

On Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 12:54:50 PM PST, Lisa Finn <lisa.fine1o28@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello
I have a customer that needs to sign a few docs on Saturday for a private loan refinance in your area . Are you available and what is your fee? I will consider all offers and reply to all emails. Please respond via email

We pay fast via PayPal one day after disbursement!

Thanks,

Lisa Finn

Licensed Title Agent #W277643

5419 Main Street, New Port Richey, FL 34652

Msg #603629

8 replies
Deposits, forms of payment, and fees for General notary work
By NotaryLitt on 2/20/19 2:48pm

Hello there.. Newer notary here. Regarding general notary work, is asking for a flat fee or % deposit acceptable?

I was thinking of going that route and only accepting cash, cashiers check/money order, paypal, and credit card (through an app called Square) to prevent bounced personal checks or having to waste a trip only to find payment is either partial or non-existent. Can anyone offer advice on deposits and other apps to use to accept payment and ensure payment.

Also, for general notary work, what are some good basic fees to charge.. i.e. charge per document, page, signature, mileage, etc. There are limitless ways and methods to charge. Just looking for a few simple clear cut ways as to avoid confusion when it comes up. Does anyone have tested ways to minimize appointment issues, last minute cancellations, flighty customers? I figure the public is the public and taking deposits beforehand is the way to curtail some of that so I at least get paid something should it happen.

Lastly, has anyone used a website/app called Thumbtack? It charge per "lead", not necessarily guaranteed work. It's for general signings. Any other good websites used for general work?

Thank you for any and all advice and suggestions!

Msg #603604

3 replies
A Step Above Signing Service g/b/u?
By Pierces Notary Services on 2/20/19 6:32am

I couldn't find anything on her. Anyone have any experience with her?

Msg #603600

10 replies
what states have DMV field agents who will travel to elderly
By  canotaryhere on 2/19/19 9:31pm

people so that they can have current photo i.d.'s? A gentleman told me yesterday that he went to the DMV and asked about having someone go to his mother who is in a skilled nursing facility and the person at the DMV told him to call an ambulance and have it pull up in the parking lot at the DMV and a field agent would come out when they had time and take care of it there.

Msg #603598

0 replies
More on Avanti LLC in Glendale, CA
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/19/19 7:12pm

The LLC was suspended by the SOS. Reviews on google and YELP not favorable. Slow pay, no pay. BEWARE.

Msg #603570

9 replies
Debt Settlement
By  Mike Goodey on 2/19/19 12:00pm

Received a call to do a debt settlement at 2 pm about 3 miles from me. They offered a low amount for 60 pages but was willing to negotiate. They met my fee and sent me the confirmation. Funny I didn't hear about the scan or fax backs (maybe I wasn't really listening) so I read the confirmation and of course it reads " You are the field representative not the notary public. You must read the statement word for word."
I think the last one I did last year and not as exacting as this one. Then I remembered how many notarizations these take. Luckily when I called to reject the signing, they informed me that it had just been cancelled. WHEW!!!

Msg #603560

13 replies
Passed on this opportunity...any one else? SPAM
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/19/19 11:09am

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 8:05 AM, Scheduling Request
<potterreteam@aol.com> wrote:
Good Morning, Attached is the Bank, Borrower and Fedex label documents we are looking to close tomorrow 02-20-2019 05:25pm. We have all the necessary information you needed for this closing in the attachment. Please click unlock to download the file and login with your email address details to view the docs.

If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to email me back. Thank you for your anticipated courtesy and cooperation.

Locate: California, About 5 Mile from you. Amount for this closing is $225

Or click on the link below to download the doc.

Sincerely,
Ted Ormesher
First America Title

These guys are so slick.

Ted E Ormesher (1884-1970) - Find A Grave Memorial
www.findagrave.com/memorial/67929752/ted-e-ormesher
Ted Ormesher, the fifth and youngest child of Edward and Margaret Ormesher, was born near Valentine on December 28, 1884, and passed away May 23, 1970 at the age of 85 years.

Msg #603557

15 replies
Phone recommendations
By Luckydog on 2/19/19 11:07am

So this summer I want to upgrade my phone. I want it unlocked and about a $300.00-$400.00 budget give or take. One that will handle a lot of apps and be fast and reliable. Any suggestions out there? (I also want it new, not refurbished or used)

Msg #603555

3 replies
just received an email from pottereteam@aol.com
By  canotaryhere on 2/19/19 11:04am

for a supposed signing. Docs, confirmation, etc attached says it is in CA but doesn't say where or look legitimate

Msg #603541

26 replies
Electronic closings in Iowa
By Colonel/IA on 2/19/19 9:59am

I just got a phone call from the title company for a major lender about doing electronic closings in Iowa. I said I had talked to the Iowa Secretary of State and they did not have any guidelines on software to use for electronic mortgage notarizations. Iowa has 99 counties and 100 county court houses and I don't know that any of the 100 court houses accept electronic mortgage notarizations. The person who called me had talked several times to the Iowa SOS office and knew that was a lack of knowledge there about electronic closings and notarizations. He said several Iowa counties accepted electronic mortgage notarizations. I asked which counties. He could not name which counties. Also to do electronic closing you need an ipad, or laptop or tablet and you need a mobile hot spot. Those are extra expenses to me and since there is no printing, because it is electronic, I will not receive a print fee meaning I incur extra costs and get paid less. My laptop is so old it has Windows 7 Basic and cannot be updated to a new Windows version. I use very little mobile data on my cell phone so I have a small mobile data plan. I am not interested in buying a new ipad or laptop or tablet which I would use only for closings. And I am not interested in spending on more my cell phone plan to get more mobile data. He did say they will not be completely electronic closings and they will still have paper closings.

Msg #603528

17 replies
Adding companies to SC
By  ProntoGirl on 2/19/19 12:32am

Hi everyone....I can't add any company and I've tried several. Any suggestions? Error message below:

We're sorry. It appears the company you are trying to enter is already in our database. We have forwarded the details of your request to Notary Rotary Signing Central Administration for further investigation. If you would like to contact us regarding the addition of this company, please call us at 1-877-349-6588 and reference RequestID 2743.

If this is a problem you believe you can correct, please click your browser's Back button to return to the page you were on and correct the error. If this error appears to be the result of a system problem, please contact Notary Rotary Support.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.