Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #613621

2 replies
Speedy Closing & Title Services
By  Amigoaz on 12/17/19 8:23pm

Just received the bankruptcy court hearing notice. Someone posted about the bankruptcy in March 2016, so this in not new but an update. The hearing is Case No 16-13899KCF and it's scheduled for January 16, 2020, 2:30 pm in Trenton, NJ.
The title is "Notice of Filing of Final Account(s) of Trustee, of Hearing on Applications for Compensation (and of Hearing on Abandonment of Property by the Trustee)" Attendance by creditors is welcome, but not required.
If anyone wants the clerk's name and the courts mailing address just ask & I will post. Thankfully, I'm not owed any fees from Speedy.

Msg #613620

5 replies
Where's my Cadillac?? LOL It hit the news that the mortgage
By  MW/VA on 12/17/19 7:30pm

industry is booming & United Wholesale Mtg. did so well they gave their employees a Cadillac & a trip to the Bahamas! The co. was setting all-time records!
I tried to link the article, but it didn't work.
Just a reminder--don't accept low fees--there's no justification!
Where's my year-end bonus? LOL

Msg #613616

0 replies
THE ATLANTIC TITLE GROUP G/B/U?
By  LynnNC on 12/17/19 3:18pm

In SEVERNA PARK, MD

Msg #613604

5 replies
Does Anyone Here Remember Ralph Perez?
By  PegiT_MN on 12/17/19 12:05pm

I know some of you will remember several years ago when Ralph Perez (I can't for the life of me remember what company he was from) came here to Notary Rotary and was trying to interview all of us for all this fabulous business he was going to send our way. He asked us about what our expectations were, fees that we expected to receive, all that good stuff. I believe he even wanted our credentials for his notary database so he could get us going. Then poof . . . nothing . . . we have never heard from Ralph again.

The reason I bring this up is the previous thread is about the Hire Notary letter we all received promising us all this business . . . another Ralph Perez all over again if you ask me.

Msg #613598

4 replies
Anyone heard of Hire Notary.com
By IAC on 12/17/19 11:56am

Received correspondence by USPS from Hire Notary out of San Francisco CA. Has anyone else received such correspondence. It was signed by Kimberly Petersen.

Msg #613597

4 replies
Aarrgghh! Need to vent
By  Yoli/CA on 12/17/19 11:44am

Accepted signing on 12/13th from ORTC (HELOC with good fee) for today (12/17th) at 3pm. Signing location is at least 1 hour's drive from me. I emailed ORTC advising I'd need docs no later than evening of 12/16th. Borrower texted me yesterday morning that he wants docs sent to him for review to be sure wife is not on docs and that it vests as sole and separate as there was a screw up last time. I forwarded message to ORTC and when I checked with borrower yesterday afternoon to see if anyone had contacted him, he said, "sort of, they're looking into it." Given that, I decided to give them additional time.

I called ORTC at 6:09 this morning. She could see all the emails but would have to contact California lender when they opened to check on docs. She started saying she'd tell them I need docs at least an hour and a half prior to signing. WHOA!! Nope, need docs by 10am and please contact me either way. She said she understood. Still no docs, no communication.

@#%*!! I know it's the holidays and I should practice some patience. BUT ……!!!! ;(

Msg #613583

16 replies
Should Tax Returns In A Package Be Dated With Current Date?
By  PegiT_MN on 12/17/19 9:26am

I have been hearing that if tax returns are in a closing package, they should be signed and dated with the current date of the closing.

I have also been hearing that if tax returns are in a closing package, they should only be signed and not dated as dating with the current date implies that this is the date they were filed with the IRS and we know this is not the case.

Both ways sound equally plausible (reasonable) so now I am questioning which way I should be doing it.

I guess it depends on who you ask . . . but how is everyone else doing it. Thank you for your input on this because some title companies are saying one way and some are saying the other way.

Msg #613577

8 replies
If an independent CA escrow company doesn't want to pay you
By  Cheryl Elliott on 12/17/19 7:24am

you can contact the Department of Corporations business oversight and file a formal complaint.

Now, if that independent escrow company owns its own signing service, don't you think that's something to complain about if the SS doesn't want to pay you?

Just sayin'.

http://dbo.ca.gov/about-the-escrow-law/

Msg #613552

6 replies
CSS Closing / Josh
By Gogetit on 12/16/19 10:06am

Does anyone have any CURRENT knowledge of this company? the last information in the feed was years ago. I got a call this morning and turned it down because there was no current reliable information, and I don't like not getting paid.

Msg #613543

14 replies
New approach to home ownership ...
By  Yoli/CA on 12/16/19 8:38am

http://www.housingwire.com/articles/startup-plans-to-allow-consumers-to-purchase-homes-without-a-mortgage/

Msg #613539

5 replies
Rescission Calendar for 2020
By  Erwin/CA on 12/15/19 8:48pm

Trying to find a Rescission Calendar for 2020 that has the whole year on one page. Any ideas?
Erwin

Msg #613534

5 replies
It's going to be a wild week! Getting calls today (Sunday)
By  MW/VA on 12/15/19 4:58pm

from a major lender/tc for signings this week. Get ready everyone--I think there's going to be a big push to get a lot of loans signed this week! Wooohoo!
Lots of confusion too--many postponed or cancelled, but plenty to fill the day anyway! ;-)

Msg #613532

7 replies
legal size paper
By obbie on 12/15/19 4:28pm

I'm searching for the best price on legal size paper. Best deal?

Msg #613527

3 replies
aprosmanageclosings / Debbie Betancourt
By Stacey/FL on 12/15/19 10:54am

Anyone else been contacted by her? Any opinions/experience with?

Msg #613525

6 replies
Hire Notary, San Francisco, CA
By Stacey/FL on 12/15/19 10:07am

Has anyone registered with or are familiar with this Notary platform?

Msg #613523

3 replies
Oath for a deposition tomottow morning
By Jayhawk/KS on 12/15/19 7:49am

Could someone please shoot me a copy of an oath to use tomorrow bright and early . I need it for a deposition, Thank you in advance!

Msg #613504

2 replies
When was the last time you were greeted by two long horned
By  Cheryl Elliott on 12/14/19 9:08am

bulls in the dark? Thankfully they were pinned. I didn't see them when I pulled into this long driveway and parked next to four trucks. It is an equestrian estate in Nipomo, and the borrower runs a cattle ranch. This little farm hosts chickens, ducks, horses and two bulls which sire more black angus cows. It was only when I stepped out of my car that I realized I had parked next to a high pile of bull manure, and what a wake up call. Whoo! That's a lot of bull crap. They turn their poop into power with a manure digester. The methane is very effective for making bricks to heat their home in their wood stove.

A first for me.

It was my last signing. Called it a day and headed home, fell into bed and immediately to sleep. Heck of a day. Easier day today

Msg #613501

5 replies
Sunshine Notary wants to do an interview with me?
By CST on 12/14/19 8:24am

My son was in town for a wedding so we had our family Christmas last night. Sunshine said she had done an interview with me in a few years ago and wanted to do a new one? really? about what? she told me to call her back when I could talk since I told her no not right now as I was with family.

Anyone else been asked to do an interview? I've worked for them recently and off and on for years. Part of me is curious, part of me doesn't care. Seems they do a lot of debt resolution which I will only take when it's at least $100 and not hours away.

Msg #613492

6 replies
Are Ninja loans back? n/m
By Bear900/CA on 12/13/19 11:35pm

Msg #613488

1 replies
Courier & Notary Services, LLC
By pdl/cali on 12/13/19 8:47pm

Anybody work with this company lately? Manny at Courier & Notary Services, LLC. There is nothing in SC. He has a yelp page. I googled the company, and bad reviews show from NR. He is based out of Irvine.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.