Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #591331

33 replies
Signature Closers has a new app to spy on the notary's
By grapebed on 3/19/18 7:26pm

location. I got an email from Signature Closers about a new "voluntary" application that lets them know the exact location of the notary on their way to and from a borrower. Where are we? In Russia? No thanks, I will pass on this opportunity.

Msg #591327

32 replies
Prestige Notaries via Notary Dash
By JanetK_CA on 3/19/18 6:50pm

This is a new one for me... Just got a text [and just now an email, too] from them asking about my availability for a signing Wednesday at such and such a time in my city, docs sent to 'signor' [sic]. No more info than that, other than a link to accept or decline. (Is it a refi, purchase, seller, just a GD?!) I looked them up and find 3.5 stars, so clicked on link out of curiosity and find out they're offering $35!! Seriously?! No more info on what kind of signing, except that scan back isn't required. Oh goody! (In fairness, the email had the fee included, but the text didn't.)

At least this format includes a form to reply if we want to negotiate. [FWIW, I charge more than that just to notarize one signature in my city, so with that kind of a starting point and so little info, I don't see any point in countering - even if I AM available...]

I've never worked for this company, so I have no idea how I got into their database or where they found me. Is Notary Dash a SD competitor or their own proprietary system? Any comments on either?

Msg #591325

5 replies
Jail signing
By Dawn Smith on 3/19/18 4:54pm

I was contacted today by an escrow company out of California today. They wanted me to go to the Kane County jail and have an inmate sign some mortgage docs. Anyone here from Illlinois knows this jail. Does anyone know what this entails? I called the jail and the Officer that answered didnt tell me much and was very cocky. He told me to drop off the paperwork and the inmate would signthem. I told him that I was bringing the paperwork and needed to witness him signing. Heres my question.Does anyone know the procedure for seeing an inmate to sign docs?Has anyone been to this jail and how easy is it to see a inmate in there. Is there a long wait? Thanks for any info you have.

Msg #591315

7 replies
Has anyone else come across this?
By FeliseSoCal on 3/19/18 2:09pm

After sending my requested Background Report (from the NNA, the most widely accepted in the industry,) to ProfessionalNotarySercices.biz aka signingorder.com, I received the below email:

Felise,

Do you have a copy that doesn’t have the Birthday and last 4 of the SS# redacted? If not please contact the background company and ask for a copy. We cannot accept any redacted documents at this time.

Vanessa LaPorta

250 Mill Street, Suite 308

Rochester, NY 14614

Phone: 585 613 2153

Fax: 585 563 8798

www.professionalnotaryservices.biz

Msg #591310

9 replies
New Demographic Addendum ...
By Yoli/CA on 3/19/18 11:53am

Is Chase the only lender requiring it to be signed?

Msg #591306

1 replies
Finally found my Non-Payor thanks to kcg post yesterday.....
By  Pamela/CA on 3/19/18 10:18am

.... just opened the post re: Amrock losing a lawsuit (which BTW is one of my top 6 Clients)... read the whole article then noticed the headline below it and found that miserable Metropolitan Company who never paid me for a 3 hour signing that took place at a Vitamin Store in Menlo Park 6 years ago.... Well looks like 'what goes around comes around" - he was sentenced to 12 years in prison yesterday. Thank you kcg... I wouldn't have known without your housewire link.

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/42745-former-title-company-owner-gets-12-years-for-mortgage-fraud-and-tax-evasion

Msg #591303

3 replies
FNF acquiring Stewart Info Services
By  Amigoaz on 3/19/18 9:23am

Looks like a little consolidation is happening. This is being reported this morning:

Fidelity National Financial Inc. (FNF $39) announced that it has agreed to acquire Stewart Information Services Corp. (STC $41) for $50 per share in cash and stock, in a deal totaling roughly $1.2 billion. Under the terms of the deal, STC shareholders will be given the option to receive consideration in either cash or 1.285 shares of FNF stocks for each share owned.

Msg #591298

4 replies
SENATE BILL 2 EXEMPTION GC27388 form
By Kyle Honkoski on 3/19/18 12:08am

Hello,

First time seeing this form, anyone know what it is for, how to explain doc?

Thank You!

Msg #591287

5 replies
JB from the #s site is at it again! I got an email about
By  MW/VA on 3/18/18 12:22pm

needing to re-test for the certification. I'm sure those of you who still list there got it too.
I told him his timing was bad with business being so down. I have found that there's no point arguing with him. I just old him to remove my "certification" if he felt he had to. I'm not jumping through any hoops for him. He seems to forget that notaries are his paying customers.
Since SnapDocs, IMO vetting & certifications don't mean anything anymore. ;-(

Msg #591283

2 replies
Who's on first?
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/18/18 11:24am

Had an investment property refi yesterday with a fairly affluent client yesterday, who for some strange reason had no idea there was cash to close. I was unable to reach him by telephone before the signing, only to meet him at a certain address at a certain time with docs.

It's a huge package since it is brokered loan. Lots of redundancy. I learn that the escrow is to fund tomorrow, how will he be wiring the funds on a Saturday? Can't, so we need a cashiers' check. He is on his lunch break from the hospital...we run to a bank in Montecito to get cashiers' check to include in docs back via FEDEX...unscheduled detour and I have more deadlines to meet than my itinerary allows. Trying to stay on track is sometimes beyond our control.

I just don't get that the borrower wasn't told prior to my appearance that he needed to wire or have cashiers' check. Rate lock to expire Monday. At least he had way to copy his IDs at his home.

Guess I'll never get it...happens a lot these days. This was for a good client who initially offered $80 but able to get my fee approved somehow. This signing could not fail to fly.

Msg #591279

7 replies
Paper 14:99 case
By Clem/CA on 3/18/18 9:28am

Office max, Office Depot Boise X9
55.99 regular price
-16.00 instant savings
-25.00 Got card

Limit 2

Msg #591267

7 replies
Now Who Wants My Pens?
By kcg on 3/17/18 4:19pm

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/42762-amrock-ordered-to-pay-706-million-for-stealing-trade-secrets-from-housecanary?eid=368573316&bid=2037347#.WqxG5pCa99c.twitter

Msg #591266

1 replies
Northwest Notary Service - Cathy Dahl
By Robin Wilson on 3/17/18 4:08pm

I did a signing for this lady back in 2016 and has never paid, had to write of the invoice. Do not do work for her as she won't even answer her phone. Gives other signing agencies a bad name, I love snapdocs as they have resources you can use.

Msg #591256

4 replies
I like it!
By Yoli/CA on 3/17/18 11:41am

I've got 5 signings for next week AND have docs for all 5 assignments! I'm so appreciative. Now I can schedule around those times without having to guess if additional time is required to come back to print and prep.

Thank you Lord! Smile

Msg #591251

9 replies
Take pictures of foot???
By  Suzanne Bower on 3/17/18 8:33am

Here's a new one. I was asked to notarize a contract for attorney for class action law suit. The catch: I was supposed to take a picture of the signers foot minus an amputated toe... I told him to hire a paramedic, not a notary. Does it really take all kinds????

Msg #591236

5 replies
sorter
By Manly/AR on 3/16/18 6:00pm

I'm just getting back into the signing business more heavily after some time off for Medical Issues.. I had a great Page Sorter program on my old lap-top before it crashed & burnedFrown What would be a good program to try??

Msg #591235

5 replies
Anyone familiar with SmarshEncrypt? Thinking spam...
By Blueink_TN on 3/16/18 5:41pm

Never heard of Stan Ham.
"Stan Ham has sent you a secure message using smarshEncrypt at 3/14/2018 2:07:00 PM (EST).
This message has been delivered through the smarshEncrypt system.
To view the message you need to sign in to the secure smarshEncrypt website by either clicking the link below or pasting it into your browser. Signing in is fast, easy and free.
View Your Secure Message Here:
https://smarshencrypt.smarsh.com/prinsite/my/t_secureview_signup.aspx?p=2&a=4395&e
(Access Code: 4395)
Why did you get this notice? Stan Ham sent you an email containing sensitive information that requires a higher level of security and encryption than regular email can provide.
Learn more about Smarsh Archiving and Compliance suite of products at www.smarsh.com.
Thank you for using the smarshEncrypt system."

Msg #591220

11 replies
Here we go again?
By Yoli/CA on 3/16/18 11:35am

Docs for signing next week:

30 year loan, interest only (4.075% with cap at 9.075%), 5/1 ARM. Borrowers are refinancing their primary residence, which they own free and clear, and taking almost $450,000 cashout.

Memories of pre-collision course 2007/2008 ....... What's next, Pick-A-Payment, Negative Amortization???

Msg #591215

6 replies
NATIONAL PREFERRED NOTARY
By Jayhawk/KS on 3/16/18 10:15am

I did a closing for this company in November. No pay, no communication, phone now disconnected. Yesterday I decided to do some further digging and looked at the original loan documents and found a few phone numbers. Prior to this I ha contacted the title company- no luck, emailed and faxed info requesting payment many times to Nat. Pref. Notary. Nothing.

After my locating phone numbers I started calling the bank and leaving messages. Within 2 hours the calls started coming. They asked for a new invoice, and an hour later I had an email saying payment was being processed and would be sent UPS next day air. They scanned a copy of my check and the UPS tracking number and the check arrived a few minutes ago.

Msg #591209

5 replies
Any one work for Professional Settlement Services GBU
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/16/18 9:27am

Mostly debt settlements, which I opt not to be involved with. Ratings are a little inconsistent, with a lot of comments they are low pay, hand holding.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.