Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #594724

4 replies
Bought E&O insurance... where is it?
By Jamie Ryan on 6/18/18 3:03pm

Purchased E&O insurance through this site. I have a receipt.... do they email me the policy? How long does it usually take? Or am I missing a place we can download it from on the site? Any help, please!

Msg #594719

4 replies
Professional Mobile Notary Service
By kcg on 6/18/18 1:39pm

Based in Jacksonville, FL. Has anyone worked for them? I cannot find them in Signing Central nor in the forum.
TIA

Msg #594707

23 replies
How to do a RULONA verification?
By  VT_Syrup on 6/18/18 10:02am

Msg #594600 got me thinking about how I'm going to do what some have called "split certificates" on verifications, once the Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts goes into effect in VT in about a year. By split certificate I mean a sworn statement that starts out something like:

State of Vermont
County of Washington

BEFORE ME, personally appeared ETHAN ALLEN, who, after being duly sworn,
deposes and says:

<whatever it is the affiant wants to state>

SWORN TO AND SUBSCRIBED before me this 21st day of August, 1775.

/s/ John Calvin Coolidge Sr.

The new law says I can use a short form certificate, and if I do, it's presumed that I did everything the law requires to administer a verification upon oath or affirmation. But if I don't, then I have to spell out everything in the certificate to show I did everything I'm supposed to. So instead of just writing

"SWORN TO AND SUBSCRIBED before me this 21st day of August, 1775"

I'd have to write something like

"SWORN TO AND SUBSCRIBED before me this 21st day of August, 1775 by Ethan Allen who is personally known to me"

to show I satisfied the requirement to verify the identity of the affiant. If I allow the part at the top about appearing before me, it could be decided that I didn't use the short form , even if the part at the bottom is identical to the short form.

How are folks in states where RULONA is already in effect handling this?

Msg #594699

5 replies
Nations Direct Title (Ormond, FL)
By Regina White on 6/18/18 1:38am

I've recently completed 2 separate signings for Nations Direct and was very surprised when I received my check approx. 10 days later. They paid reasonable fees too. One of the best payers I've contracted with this year (thus far).

Msg #594694

12 replies
What to think of Signature Signings aka Signature Signers?
By SDCANotary on 6/18/18 12:16am

Signature Signings LLC (www.signaturesignings.com) has a preferred list at SignatureSigners.com. For just $149 setup and $29.99 a month, you can work for this brand new signing service. Thoughts?

Msg #594666

35 replies
Platforms
By Luckydog on 6/16/18 9:51pm

Recently several on here spoke of us who use SD as "unprofessional" or not a "true Notary Professional" "lazy"
I 'd like to know how accepting a signing from a company who uses a certain platform makes us less a professional, or gives the impression we have no clue of what we are doing, or just lay around and do nothing all day?

I just want to stick up for those of us who do use SD as well as other platforms, SS's, direct closings, GNW, and what have you, that generates income in our business. I and others, are not "more special or less professional, or lazier" than any of you because of a platform we engage with. It's a shame we get bashed where we upload our docs from, instead of encouraging us as one professional to another to excel and vet good companies where ever they are at and whatever platform they chose to use or not to use. Does it matter, really?

All too often NSA's mix up the platform with it's companies who use it, and that is the issue. If you care to discuss that, we can, but only talking about SD now and how everyone feels it is inferior than any other platform.

It's not about the $$$ we get for the closings, it's about the integrity of who you chose to work for, and the ease of platform to upload, download, add messages, invoice from and check all your accounts from in one place and see what is outstanding.
Personally I'd rather block companies on SD than deal with a crazy representative from a another platform calling at 2:00 AM testing my notary skills or changing my profile. Not bashing that professional and his platform either, just weighing apples to oranges here, costs, benefits, ease of use. jmo and thoughts?

Msg #594656

2 replies
Blue Ink Signings?
By Tudi/CA on 6/16/18 5:00pm

Has anyone worked with Blue Ink Signings? I think they're out of AZ.

Msg #594653

7 replies
Message for work thru NR
By  Doris_CO on 6/16/18 3:05pm

I just received a message in my NR inbox about notarizing some documents for a construction company. All I have is the name of the company & no indication that they are actually a notary. They want to know what my fee will be. This is a first for me. Has anyone else receive something similar?

Msg #594633

28 replies
Jennifer Glover/Garland aka Prestige Notaries, Everett WA
By BearPaw/CO on 6/15/18 5:32pm

What gives? Did she think notaries wouldn’t mind if their checks bounced after 60 days of waiting for payment as she galavanted around the country this summer, first at Mark Wills’ weekend loan signing class in San Diego at the posh Marriott Hotel, then off to the annual XYZ convention where she paid to sponsor the event by promoting her deadbeat Signing Service and try to launch Notary Dash along with all the other platforms that also sponsored that event. But hold the phone, then off to the Detroit MI N3 Settlement Conference this month to further market her wares. No, I'm not stalking her. Wills advertised her participation at his loan signing class aka "How to Make Me Rich But Not You," targeting gullible notaries, and Notary Dash was prominently featured as a sponsor of the Settlement Conference on its web site.

This is a company to B-E-W-A-R-E of, low fees, slow payment, bounced checks. This is not fake news. I was informed directly from a notary who was stiffed and is now facing bounced check fees on top of everything else. And other notaries have been telling me that they've heard the same story. Prestige is apparently in the same class as THENOTARYPOOL, NOTARYCLOUD, and other payment thieves.

Looks to me that she's just another shark who saw an opportunity to make it to the big time using the little people's money to finance her journey on the red carpet. And this is the type of person XYZ just luvs at its conventions. Pity us if this is the continued wave of the future. Maybe she'll crash and burn if she can't get enough NSAs to finance Notary Dash to get it up and running. I understand she already requires "her notaries" to take the Mark Wills Loan Signing System course (at $97 a pop. Just another way to make money off the backs of gullible NSAs.)

Msg #594628

15 replies
I had an occasion to speak with a LO today for a lender that
By  MW/VA on 6/15/18 2:09pm

I did many signings for through Equity National. I brought up SD, and he said he hated it.
He said that the "security" of that system caused a lot of havoc & it took a couple of days to get docs printed. I also mentioned that there weren't many true notary professionals that were using that platform.
I found it interesting to get some feedback from their point of view. ;-)

Msg #594620

8 replies
Notary ASAP - These people need put out of business
By cremevette on 6/15/18 12:39pm

It was bad enough dealing with a Laurie Traficante loan with 150 pages and a ridiculous Statement of Information. It was bad enough they micromanage and are slow payers at two months. I shouldn't have to hound a company to pay me in 30 days. NOT TO MENTION $90 for all the hassle.

Now they have a Notary Agreement they want signed, that lists the infractions and how they will dock or completely cut your pay. I drew the line and refused. I was informed I was removed from their list. SEE YA LOSERS! Let them deal with new people that need hand-held and can wait 2-3 months for sub-average pay.

Msg #594605

4 replies
Scott Global LLC
By Ireneky on 6/14/18 6:23pm

Anyone heard of or worked for this guy or co not sure which it is Just took an order from All States Notary which said one document when I got the documents yes plural I seen that they were having the client sign a credit card agreement for $ 4000 I gave it right back to them I don't want any part of whatever they are doing. I had to call client back and let her know that I was not coming out that they would have to find someone else. She said that they were such fast talkers that she wasn't sure what she was doing This kind of stuff is scary

Msg #594603

12 replies
Re: Signing Agent ASAP post below, esp for anyone new here.
By JanetK_CA on 6/14/18 6:09pm

[Looks like the "~" in the subject line has prevented replies to that post.]

Just in case any readers out there are very new to this forum and might have missed it, that propaganda Cheryl posted from Signing Agent ASAP is just that - a come-on to get you to send them some money for which you will never see any return. (I agree it's hilarious!)

In case anyone has any doubt, I tried to go look at their website, as someone wanting to hire a notary presumably would, and I'm not sure it even exists. Has anyone ever successfully seen it? What I got was a pop-up message saying that I'm a random winner of $1000 from Firefox and all I have to do is click on a button accepting it. Yeah, right!! (I closed the window immediately.)

Msg #594600

11 replies
HELP!
By  Rose/TX on 6/14/18 5:59pm

I'm having a senior moment :-( I don't get many 'out of state' purchase/borrower closings. I live in Texas, the borrowers live in Texas and the property they purchased is in Maryland. The docs are coming from title company in Maryland. EXAMPLE: Affidavit of Occupancy shows; State of Maryland, County of Harford. I"m trying to recall if I am supposed to change the venue at the beginning of the document (top section) to my state OR leave it alone and only change the venue located in the section of the document where I will be notarizing.

Help from fellow NR experts is very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Msg #594595

0 replies
SigningAgentASAP~they are hilarious with low fee offer
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/14/18 1:12pm

We regret to inform you that our annual fee will increase to $60/year for new accounts registered after July 1 2018.

Accounts registered before July 1 2018 will continue to use our service at the current fees.

Sign-up now to lock current low annual fee.

Join SIGNINGAGENTASAP today and get paid your full fee. Just as you know - $150 - $175 is the industry norm in California.

Reasons to join:

Signing oders and fees from escrow and title companies only – no signing services allowed to register.
No “Per Signing” or any other hidden fees.

Msg #594578

4 replies
Fed raises rate
By Bear900/CA on 6/13/18 11:47pm

2 More Increases Are Coming
... for buyers sitting on the fence.

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/us/politics/federal-reserve-raises-interest-rates.html

Msg #594575

9 replies
Caught the crooks.........
By  Pamela/CA on 6/13/18 10:15pm

Today, after hours of calls to Wells Fargo and speaking with 4 different reps in Nevada and 2 trips to an out of town Wells Fargo Bank, we successfully got our piddling fee out of Notary Clouds bank account in CASH!

Meanwhile we are filing with DA in Henderson Vegas to retrieve our bank fees and recovery fee after expending 6 hours on this miserable collection.
Here's how Notary Cloud and their Managers pulled a fast one to avoid or buy time to pay- We want every NSA to know about this crooked tactic.

They mailed a paper check to us dated May 23rd that we received on May 29th. We do Remote deposits rather than driving everyday to the Bank. On June 6th (after returning from Vegas conference), we find a COPY of the check with the words 'REFER TO MAKER'.... also typed was 'This is your original check'. That's the money shot right there, but we didn't know it till later. It had all the markings and ach numbers as having traversed from our Bank down to Wells Fargo NV (Notary Cloud's home bank) and back to our bank again as declined and showed the reversal of our deposit and the banks fees.

Today I take the Original check they mailed to us that was rejected and which has no bank imprints on it because it was Remotely Deposited via my cell and sitting in the Paid files, and drive it out to Wells to cash it instead. After 20 minutes of waiting, we're told that the Vegas Wells says check has already been cashed and not to provide anymore cash. Well, won't go into the extra time of useless arguing. We leave and call WF Sacramento customer service...and finally get our real answer.

I should not have taken the Original remote deposited check to Wells because it has already been "dealt with in some way".... AND someone at WF should have asked us for the Copy of the Original from our bank because it is the only "Negotiable Instrument" to receive CASH!
Further, according to WF the words REFER TO MAKER means that the Account Holder who Issued the check - followed up with a "Do Not Pay" on that check number and that payee. Apparently, the account holder doesn't need to explain why not to pay, but it is assume that either the check is stolen or forged.
This causes what could be WEEKS or MONTHS of non-payment. Very clever, NO?

Msg #594572

7 replies
Vantage Point
By biglee/Ca on 6/13/18 8:23pm

Got a text from snapdocs for Vantage Point Title closing, what a shame if Vantage Point is now using snapdocs. They would always text or call me when they had work and they always paid well. The fee they offer is now lower than what Vantage Point offered.

Msg #594533

25 replies
International Adoption
By Margeurite Gutierrez on 6/13/18 9:17am

I am notarizing a set of international adoption docs in California. This is my first time doing this type of signing and I do NOT want to mess this up. Any tips/advice?

Also, does anyone know what a "True and Valid Statement form" is when it pertains to an international adoption?

Msg #594517

1 replies
"7 signs your client will never pay your invoice"
By JanetK_CA on 6/12/18 4:38pm

Saw this article on Manta and just had to re-post here, even though lots of this info will sound familiar:

http://tinyurl.com/ya72elvu.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.