Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #601087

12 replies
Buyer/Seller at same appointment. Does this happen?
By  sigtogo/OR on 12/11/18 1:26pm

I recently received a request from Amrock wanting to know my fees for 3 different types of purchase transactions.
1. buyer. Their suggested fee as most know is $65, plus $.. for printing. (I charge more.)
2. seller, suggested $65
3. buyer and seller, suggested $85! Seriously?

I like many think their fees are low and now I have the opportunity of having a buyer and seller at the "same closing" as they describe it, and receive a whopping additional $20?
Hello? that would be two signings, not one, and IMHO having buyers and sellers in the same room is not only no picnic, it can be chaotic.

How often do you have buyers and sellers at the same time?
I have done less than 5 in 30 plus years and all were less than desirable. Just like you can't be in two places at once, you can't really talk to two different parties about two separate transactions at the same time.
One party is going to have to sit and wait/observe while the other signs, reads, asks questions....

If the buyers of my recently sold home had been in the same room, I might have gone for his throat!! just saying...

Msg #601084

2 replies
State of the industry
By NotaryRhino on 12/11/18 12:52pm

Hey all fellow notaries. I hope all is well. I just want to wax philosophical while I am hot on this subject. It seems to me that the industry is really moving in an unprofessional direction. If anybody else has any similar feelings, I would love to hear from you and also any suggestions you may have to deal with the future. What I am referring to is the companies that are offering such low ball offers for full closings (we all know who I am referring to) and another company/directory that issues blind requests for notaries and then accepts the lowest offer, because they don't care if a professional or part time, retired person completes their assignment. Sorry to rant, but I feel that the "professionalism" in our industry is not the most important factor for many hiring companies/individuals anymore and it is very frustrating. So, good luck fellow notaries. My words of advice to you is find something you can do along with the notary business. A second, third, fourth....as many additional streams of income as you can to buffer this decline in compensation. Have a good day/night.

Msg #601075

1 replies
End-of-year accounting checklist n/m
By  VT_Syrup on 12/11/18 8:06am

Msg #601071

4 replies
VT notaries getting 60-day commission expiration notices n/m
By  VT_Syrup on 12/11/18 7:49am

Msg #601056

5 replies
On The Dot Signing
By SanDiegoStar on 12/10/18 3:36pm

Has anyone worked with On The Dot Signing out of a Santa Ana, CA?

Looked in signing central and did a quick search here but couldn’t bring up any feedback.

Msg #601055

12 replies
Dress for success or NOT
By Signerbill on 12/10/18 3:27pm

This morning found me with 2 signings that were back to backs. I got to be the first on both but the other S/A's WOW. # 1 shows up in her work-out garb... having worked out already... # 2 shows as we completed... Older (retired?) wrinkled clothes everywhere, un tucked, 1 day growth, ?? maybe slept in his car??. I was way over dressed... NOW I know who is getting the $50.00 signings.

Msg #601053

4 replies
Anyone worked with Title Clearing and Escrow out of Kansas? n/m
By  barbartk on 12/10/18 3:13pm

Msg #601046

3 replies
All Purpose Acknowledge
By  Regal/NC on 12/10/18 12:44pm

Anyone have a digital All Purpose Acknowledge I can get a copy of??

TIA!!

Msg #601033

12 replies
echeck vendor payments posing problem for my bank
By snowflake/PA on 12/9/18 10:41am

Had two checks via echeck to cash. My bank will only deposit, not cash them. If they turn out to be insufficient funds, or fraudulent, my bank then closes out MY accounts with them. My bank is skeptical of these checks. I don't want to risk my relationship with my bank. The one check was drawn on a national bank, so I went there to see if they would cash it. After much ado and skepticism there, they did in fact cash my payment.

Are any of you experiencing this situation with echeck payments? I'm no techie, but it does look like anyone could have printed these and presented them for payment.

Msg #601014

3 replies
Tis the season...
By  Cheryl Elliott on 12/8/18 9:22am

colds and flus...keep your phone germ free and a great stocking stuffer.

http://www.phonesoap.com/?utm_source=adroll&utm_medium=Prospecting&utm_campaign=adroll

Msg #600995

6 replies
Priority Notary G/B/U?
By Shoshana/AZ on 12/7/18 8:10pm

This company has a history goingback to May 24 2018. Reviewer only gave 1 star. Claims that all the other reviews are fake. Hasanyone done business with them?

Msg #600991

13 replies
Liberty Title Rhode Island (ATTENTION)
By 1Notary1 on 12/7/18 7:24pm

Liberty Title & Escrow
Warwick Office
275 West Natick Rd,
Warwick, RI 02886
P: 401.751.8090
F: 401.541.3835

ATTENTION NOTARIES. Do not accept work from them, they won't pay. They owe me for 3 signings, 2 of them are over one month past due. They play games and give you lame excuses. Everytime I inquired about the payments, they kept asking for the invoices, over and over, even though I submitted the them immediately upon completion of work. They've been giving me so many lame excuses as to why I have not received payments. Then they asked for my W-9, and now they want me to answer some stupid questions, they call it a test, to determine whether or not I am an independent contractor, as a condition for payment. So lame. It's obvious that they're looking for any excuse not to pay me. F***ing thieves. I'm filing complaints, not letting them still my money.

Msg #600989

4 replies
Courier & Notary Services, LLC.
By Tisha Cain on 12/7/18 6:37pm

Do not use this company. They throw out the signing 1 hour before, they do not have the docs ready and then waiting 45 days for payment they shorted me 20.00 and said I didn't leave behind an extra set for the signer.

Msg #600979

5 replies
Did anyone else get this email from Photoinspection.com Inc.
By FeliseSoCal on 12/7/18 1:46pm

I'm not sure where they got my contact info from...

Overview:

Taking digital photos of residential or commercial properties.
Documenting any damages found on the property, from an exterior perspective.
Determine the neighborhood type and if the property conforms to the standard.
Timely completion and upload of assignment to online platform.

Requirements:

Computer/Phone with high speed internet access
Quality Digital Camera
Be an organized self-starter
Access to email and a Mobile phone
Dependable transportation

No experience is necessary for this position. However, we would prefer to have applicants with backgrounds in real estate, insurance or construction.
We provide training to individuals that have limited experience in the industry.
All of our inspections need to be completed within a specified turnaround, depending on client needs.

For more information, please click on the link below to Register...

http://www.photoinspection.com/v1/content/login

Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.

Photoinspection.com Inc. - Property Insight and Vision

280 Delaware Ave Suite C
Buffalo, NY 14202
Phone:-(716) 873-2465
http://www.photoinspection.com

Msg #600973

7 replies
Skiptrack
By Ali/IL on 12/7/18 9:23am

Got emailed for first time. Any one done any door knocking for them?

What was your experience?

Msg #600969

6 replies
Stewart Title Lender Services
By Mobile1/PA on 12/7/18 7:34am

200 page fax back on Christmas Eve. Over 1 hour away. $75. Is anyone taking these?

Msg #600956

6 replies
Apple Notary Service for Software
By ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/6/18 12:06pm

From Apple software developer website: "Give users even more confidence in your software by submitting it to Apple for notarization."

"The Apple notary service is an automated system that scans your software for malicious content, checks for code-signing issues, and returns the results to you quickly. If there are no issues, the notary service generates a ticket for you to staple to your software; the notary service also publishes that ticket online where Gatekeeper can find it."

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/notarizing_your_app_before_distribution

Msg #600951

11 replies
1-800-A-NOTARY Mobile Notaries since 1988
By  Cheryl Elliott on 12/6/18 7:41am

in Vista, CA...any one ever worked/heard of them?

13 pp..quoted $75...no cigar.

Not worth it for me to trudge around in the rain in the dark...

Call came from a mobile 760-842-1030. Probably a notary subcontracting work.

Msg #600942

11 replies
Fidelity Approved
By Brenda Guiden on 12/5/18 3:57pm

How do I verify that I'm a Fidelity approved notary?

Msg #600937

3 replies
WFG fee approval
By Yoli/CA on 12/5/18 2:46pm

Had an interesting talk with WFG today.

Had a call for a Friday signing. After all pertinent questions, gave them my base quote of $1XX. He said he'd have to get approval but shouldn't be a problem and would call back within the hour. When no call after 1-1/2 hours, I called him -- I usually don't but something made me do it.

Anyway, he informed me that when scheduler has to seek approval, they are required to call 5 other notaries for lowest fee. At initial call, he told me they usually offer $85 but he could go to $95. Then, came my questions and quote. When I called him back he informed me I would've had the assignment except another notary quoted him $115 and he had to take it. <<NOTE: $20 over initially offered fee and they would have paid more.>>

Hope that notary knows it's a VA loan. WFG's packages usually consist of 9 or 10 notarizations per signer. This particular job had no scanbacks. However, WFG will pay an additional $25 for scanbacks IF requested by NSA. People, no need to accept peanuts!!

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.