Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #609237

6 replies
so annoying
By  canotaryhere on 8/9/19 11:59am

did a signing for a correction of a mistake by title 3 weeks ago. They had put incorrect info on original docs that another notary had done (not the notary's mistake). Anyway I get an email that said a signature page was missing. I wouldn't have notarized a signature that wasn't there nor would I have omitted a page. I do however attach a loose acknowledgement form to the signed document as the SOS requires. Anyway, the document that was sent to do the correction on doesn't even have the same signers names on it. It has 2 completely different names. Emails and phone calls to company have received no response.

Msg #609221

15 replies
Signature question....
By Janet Megerdichian on 8/8/19 9:19pm

I have a signing coming up and all of the docs have this as under the signature line: MILDRED J. SPRY, INDIVIDUALLY AND AS TRUSTEE OF THE JJAB FAMILY TRUST UNDER TRUST INSTRUMENT DATED DECEMBER 20, 2018 - DATE

Do I have them sign their name, trustee? Or just their name only? Just want to make sure.

Msg #609210

3 replies
This week was a little quiet after a rip roaring EOM
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/8/19 5:12pm

But today, my phone is smoking. So unusual to get calls from company who ask what your fee is instead of broadcasting bird seed fees.

I feel "validated" after booking three gigs today at "vintage" fees, if you get my drift.

Msg #609208

8 replies
The more you learn about how SD works, the worse it appears.
By Lee/AR on 8/8/19 4:58pm

As has been pointed out before...companies can rate you based on whatever...and you'll never know a thing.
Many TCs use it and when they can't find someone for the paltry fee they're willing to pay, rather than negotiate, they turn it over to some poor unsuspecting SS who is using the same SD database. How crazy is that?

The SS negotiates a reasonable fee (apparently getting approval from original TC)...then you get 'removed'...tho' SS often tells you signing was canceled. You'll never know why you were removed but this forces you to guess and I would guess that they found someone cheaper or TC got their undies in a bunch because TCs cost is the same whether TC hired you or SS did...with SS fee added.

So, what's the difference between 'removed' and 'cancel'? A 'remove' keeps the order OPEN, but directly affects your SD rating in a negative manner...you'll be further down the list! Whereas a 'cancel' is truly canceled and so does not affect your placement.

Then there's the badly outdated database that they scraped from other directories when they started. Only way you get out of SD database is to remove yourself, but people who have stopped this gig rarely bother, so...how crazy is that? But, who cares....spam out a few dozen and you'll get some replies.

Msg #609206

5 replies
Clear Title LLC Orlando FL ??
By  NJW/FL on 8/8/19 4:06pm

Has anyone worked with them recently? Comments on SC are older.

Msg #609205

7 replies
Miles B Signings
By docs2go/ca on 8/8/19 2:35pm

HI! Anyone ever accepted work form Miles B SS? Any news to report? Thanks!

Msg #609200

5 replies
Good news for us??
By Yoli/CA on 8/8/19 11:14am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/mortgage-refi-fever-sweeps-us-sending-brokers-scrambling/ar-AAFwzWs?li=BBnbfcN

Msg #609178

10 replies
fees for refinance and new purchases
By Cindy Herring on 8/7/19 3:09pm

can someone give me the going rate for closings in California for refinance and new purchases?
This is when you get them from title and escrow

Msg #609171

7 replies
Superior Signing Company
By Denise Mentz on 8/7/19 11:24am

Michele Couch from Superior Signing Company in Corona is a thief, not true to her word.
She offered me a signing some 30 miles away for $150. The borrower wasn't there, she said since it was far she'd pay me $100. I only received $75.
Another signing was a sellers package for $75, she paid me $50. She said the reason for that was that the loan didn't go through and escrow wouldn't pay her anything for it so she thought she was acting in good faith to pay me $50. I've bent over backwards for this company, to do signings on the spur of the moment as all of us notaries do if we want to work and make a living out of this career we have chosen. I only received these two payments 3 months after the fact, even after sending her numerous emails and texts messages that she owed me for these signings. Not someone I would work for in the future. Notaries beware.

Msg #609169

1 replies
Web Site
By  walthtz on 8/7/19 10:08am

can anyone recommend a web site builder?

Msg #609166

4 replies
Maverick auto signings...Let's get that fee UP
By Lee/AR on 8/7/19 8:52am

They were a very good co. to work with, but lately they've joined the lowballers. The first one I did for them was 5 years ago and they offered more than they are now...that's just wrong. They get about $200--and only offer $70?
Right, there's little printing as docs are o/n, BUT they always want a scanback. They paid better years ago and

Msg #609149

2 replies
Armour Settlement Services...........
By Mung/CA on 8/6/19 3:32pm

SC shows them out of business but I received a request this am via text. All reviews are from 2016 or older. Anyone have any RECENT experience with them? Offered a refi/edocs w/scan backs for a whopping $75!!!!! Of course I didn't accept it but SOMEONE did. These daily $60/$75 offers are really getting annoying.

Msg #609141

20 replies
Legal vs Letter
By kcg on 8/6/19 2:04pm

I have started sending notes (nice notes) to title companies and signing services asking them to pass on to lenders the difficulty we are having in buying legal size paper. Some lenders have been able to down-size the docs, no reason all cannot. The cost is going up - no way to buy any in a sale.

Maybe if some of us sent notes regarding this, it might help. I know someone on here said he shrinks every package. I don't know how that flies but I'm getting ready to try it. Today - 152 pgs....90% legal. Seriously?

Msg #609132

1 replies
What are the safety statistics like on your highway
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/6/19 7:41am

Sitting here with my cup of Italian roast, and I'm hearing there is an overturned big rig on the 101. Guess I'll hang out here a little longer this morning. Meanwhile, I just read this bad rating of accidents on our thoroughfare that connects Hollywood all the way to northern California.

Fridays and Saturdays are the worst, and summertime accidents jump among our younger drivers.

Be safe out there, everyone.

http://www.keyt.com/news/santa-maria-north-county/study-finds-highway-101-one-of-the-nation-s-most-dangerous-roads-during-summertime/1105925792

Msg #609128

2 replies
Time to get a new commission in VT: 30 minutes
By  VT_Syrup on 8/5/19 8:13pm

A friend of mind who does notarizations for seniors at the town senior center asked me to help her with VT's new online notary commission application process. We uploaded her oath form at 8:35 PM. When I got home and checked the database at 9:05 PM, her commission had been approved.

Msg #609124

1 replies
Angi"s
By biglee/Ca on 8/5/19 7:44pm

Anyone worked recently for Angi's Notary Huntington Beach.

Msg #609112

14 replies
Doc Signers, LLC, Michael Cantin...G/B/U?
By FeliseSoCal on 8/5/19 5:43pm

Does anyone have any experience with this company?

Msg #609110

2 replies
Novation Settlement Solutions, West Palm Beach, FL
By  ikando on 8/5/19 5:11pm

Got a call while running errands for an urgent signing with one notarization. Apparently the Notary originally contacted was quote, "MIA", and it needed to be done today and shipped this evening.

I got the emailed order and contacted the signer. Got it done for an agreed to reasonable fee.

So my question is, is this company G/B/U? The only post I can find is from 2015, and is asking the same question with no response.

Msg #609100

9 replies
MicroSoft Windows phone scam
By Lee/AR on 8/5/19 1:22pm

Just got a fast-talking robo call that the subject co. was going to charge my account $499 for (something...didn't catch it) and to call a number to cancel. No idea what the hook is; call came from TX.

Msg #609093

0 replies
NotaryCam Applauds Texas
By  Larry/IL on 8/5/19 7:52am

https://menafn.com/1098839075/NotaryCam-Applauds-Texas-for-Eliminating-Roadblock-to-Recording-Remotely-Notarized-Real-Estate-Transactions

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.