Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #613347

9 replies
For those who use WAZE as a driving app check this out
By  Linda_TN on 12/11/19 9:15am

Just seen going through the headlines this morning. I uses Waze because it calls out those things I have enabled (traffic, road hazards, police ahead) and it gives me a feeling of being able to focus more on the road rather than my phone screen. I may also enable this feature, especially with winter coming here in the mountains. However, when traveling with my husband, I have to turn off the audio alerts -- it drives my husband crazy, especially with the alerts that are no longer viable alerts -- car on shoulder, police ahead and so forth.

https://bgr.com/2019/12/10/waze-live-map-unplowed-road-incident-reports-feature-for-winter/

Msg #613343

9 replies
How late is too late to call a signer to confirm an appt?
By Mobile1/PA on 12/11/19 8:44am

I have always gone with 10:00 pm. In all my years never had a problem (until I found out 9:45 apparently was). Thought I was good. Especially now with more and more people dropping their land lines and being able to schedule "Do Not Disturb". After 10:00 I am even weary about texting so I will then email. Thoughts and/or practices?

Msg #613330

5 replies
True Concept Title
By  Yoli/CA on 12/10/19 7:54pm

SC shows them in FL with relatively good ratings. There are some poor ratings as well. A search gives the same. Some excellent reviews (including mine a few years ago) and some very poor experiences with slow pay/no pay.

I had a call today from True Concept Title in Irvine, CA for a reverse mortgage tomorrow. Unfortunately, we could not come to a meeting of the minds. They wouldn't budge from what I consider a low fee for a reverse mortgage signing. The scheduler did try. He asked his manager who wouldn't negotiate. When I said "$1XX for a reverse?!?," he hung up on me.

My prior experience with True Concept in FL was excellent. Obviously (IMO), their Irvine, CA office requires some training … at least in courtesy. Maybe the bad ratings in SC are for the Irvine office?

Msg #613328

4 replies
Midwest Mortgage Services, LLC
By Felise Green on 12/10/19 4:19pm

Received in an auto response email:
It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that Rick passed away on Monday November 25th. He died peacefully in his sleep.
This email is from Rick was a wonderful man and truly loved his job and had so much respect for all of the notaries he worked with over these last 15 years,
I am not sure what I will end up doing with his company but I am not accepting any closings at this time.
Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.
Dar King
Thanks
Rick at Midwest
mobilemortgageclosing.com

Msg #613313

7 replies
Hire Notary
By Walt Ashley on 12/9/19 11:11pm

Anyone know these guys? I received a letter form them today saying an escrow officer recommended me.

Msg #613310

5 replies
Notary Witnessed and placed stamp.
By NVLSlady/VA on 12/9/19 8:37pm

I have a reo purchase signing tomorrow. One of the buyers already signed. The notary signed as witness on some of the docs AND notarized (no certificate verbiage, of course). That stamp could be a distraction. Not sure what they'll say when mine is "missing."

I let hiring party know loose APAs available for my use; I just don't want to assume notarization is required.

Msg #613301

6 replies
Notary Assurance
By Margeurite Gutierrez on 12/9/19 6:32pm

I posted this with the wrong name, lol, Notary Rotary. Sorry for anyone I freaked out.

And I do not know how to delete the original post either.

Ok, so the correct question with the correct company name.....does anyone know if Notary Assurance out of Arizona is still in business?

Msg #613300

5 replies
Notary near Lincoln, CA needed next week
By  rengel/CA on 12/9/19 2:47pm

I have someone looking for a notary to go to Lincoln, CA to verify identity of a caller to a court. 5 - 10 minutes max. Wednesday, 12/18 time tba but possible 8:30 am. The fee is $50

Any interest? please email me @ rhonda@sacvalleydocprep.com

Thanks!

Rengel/CA
SacValleyNotary
Sac Valley Legal Document Preparation

Msg #613289

12 replies
Lendmark Title PA?
By  KimmyMD on 12/8/19 7:21am

Is it just me or is everyone I’ve never heard of calling me for last minute closing? Within a week two companies have called me. Of course I go through my list of questions. I asked “do you have any reviews posted that I can check”? Answer: no I’m just supposed to call you and schedule the appointment and send you the confirmation. Really? He had no clue to my question. He said no one has ever asked him that! Really?? Let’s see, your new for me at least , your last minute. Guess you could say I’ve dodged a few more bullets. Couldn’t find any information about Lendmark Title in PA. Phone number +1 (832) 520-1087. Second company was Aspen Real estate. ‭+1 (301) 656-2977‬. Anyone know these two? Thanks. Glad I have a sense of humor.

Msg #613268

6 replies
ZigSig/OS National
By Ken Metzger on 12/6/19 5:22pm

It is now been 52 days since I did this signing and still not received payment. I had posted a comment about this a week or so ago. I still don't understand the setup between ZigSig & OS National. On the confirmation, it states that ZigSig is just a platform and that the client(OS National) will be the one who will be paying the notary. The first & only other job I did for them was on 8/20/19- the echeck came to me on 10/1/19 from ProLink Signing Service. It seems that Adam B. owns both ProLink & ZigSig. Nobody at this point is responding to my emails. I'm posting this simply as a warning to others to beware of these people. I may never get my fee, but hopefully I'll be the last notary not to get paid from them if nobody accepts their future signings.

Msg #613259

5 replies
San Diego County
By Margeurite Gutierrez on 12/6/19 3:37pm

Moving to San Diego County, specifically North San Diego County.

Any title/escrow/signing companies that are favorites to work with down there? To avoid?

Msg #613258

5 replies
Notary Rotary?
By Margeurite Gutierrez on 12/6/19 3:36pm

Is Notary Rotary out of AZ still in business?

Msg #613252

3 replies
Max Signing
By Peggy Maimon pmnotaries on 12/6/19 3:21pm

I also received the same email and after reading your posts I googled their address. It is a law firm in Miami who has no affiliation with Max Signing who also goes by the name Royaltybyxchange. They have been on the encryption company less than a month. I called the law firm and when I told her what I was going through this morning she said "oh no, they are at it again". It's Spam and they want into our computers. How does one protect themselves from this? Have a nice weekend everyone.

Msg #613246

5 replies
ATTENTION SIGNING AGENT
By Marie Major on 12/6/19 1:54pm

Has anyone seen the note with the above heading in their set of docs? In short we are to state a few things after the signing such as thanking the client and then asking if there is anything further (I) can do to ensure that they are fully satisfied?
If you have seen it, any comments?

Msg #613243

1 replies
DRB Capital, LLC. G/B/U? n/m
By NK_UT on 12/6/19 1:40pm

Msg #613230

2 replies
Hire Notary
By Comet53/CA on 12/6/19 9:48am

What do you know about Hire Notary signing company from San Francisco?

Msg #613226

2 replies
Signing with Companies (New in business)
By Xiomara Giannelli on 12/6/19 8:35am

I am in Florida and trying to get some jobs with companies. Should I only subscribe with companies in FL or nationwide in general?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Xiomara

Msg #613223

9 replies
WFG still hasn't paid me
By  Cheryl Elliott on 12/6/19 7:42am

I emailed Robin Kirsch again yesterday. She said she would look into it.

Two months is too long to wait for payment.

So long, WFGLS in Westlake Village, CA.

The little people are insignificant to them.

Msg #613216

8 replies
A follow-up about not promoting self as "Fidelity Approved".
By JanetK_CA on 12/5/19 8:57pm

There was a thread about this yesterday which has fallen off the page here. I just added a response there, but because it may affect so many of us, I thought I'd post a link to it here: Msg #613215.

They seem pretty serious about notaries following the rules, so I've decided to take it seriously, as well...

Msg #613205

11 replies
A light at the end of the tunnel?
By MikeC/TX on 12/5/19 5:14pm

This is relevant, given Cheryl's message below about getting a call from her own number...

The House passed the Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act yesterday by an almost unanimous vote. It is expected to pass the Senate as well, possibly as early as next week.

According to an article in The Hill:

"The TRACED Act would require phone companies to block robocalls without charging customers any extra money and require most carriers in the U.S. ensure that calls are coming from real numbers. It would give government regulators more time to find scammers and penalize them more aggressively.

It would also require the FCC to deliver reports to Congress about what action they are taking against illegal robocalling operations and oversee a group of companies tasked with investigating where robocalls are coming from in the first place."

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.