Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: This technology will take time to effect total change
Posted by Laurie Manzanares of CA on 4/20/17 1:00pm Msg #573966
Very well thought out analysis Gerard. Should also be interesting when the overseas lobbyist start advocating for offshore notary call centers as you mentioned.

From what I have seen so far the online notarization fees seem to be capped at $25 for each notarization. Not sure if Title Companies will want to spend $250 for 10 notarizations as an example and no wet signatures. Heck, the fax machine has been around for 150yrs and lenders still require wet signatures on such a large transaction.

Agree with Luckydog that this will be a niche market for a while as e-closings are today. Not everyone is technolgically savvy, even the millenniums. Most people use their computers for word processing, email, instagram & facebook. Webcam & Skype has been replaced by Facetime or Android phone apps. The only people that I know that use Webcams are business for conferences. How many borrowers are going to invest time in downloading and learning a new software program that may or may not work with their operationing system? Even if it turns out that most remote notarization are done online most people don't even know how to turn on ther computers video-ha! I have done it and it was a pain in the you know what.

Will be interesting to see how "it" will handle signing by mark, credible witnesses, expired ID's, POA, the list goes on and on. Not to mention video buffing issues.

Mobile Notary signing services are safe at the moment IMHO. Stay tune for the future its coming :-)

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Will webcam notarizations increase commission fees? -  VT_Syrup on 4/20/17 9:35am
 Re: Will webcam notarizations increase commission fees? - Lee/AR on 4/20/17 10:03am
 This technology will take time to effect total change -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/20/17 10:16am
 Re: This technology will take time to effect total change - Luckydog on 4/20/17 11:58am
 Agree w/Luckydog - LKT/CA on 4/20/17 12:25pm
 Agree w/Luckydog & LKT -  Roger_OH on 4/20/17 4:15pm
 I agree too. We n/m -  MW/VA on 4/21/17 12:56pm
 oops. IMO we're a long way away from wide-spread -  MW/VA on 4/21/17 12:56pm
 Re: This technology will take time to effect total change - Laurie Manzanares on 4/20/17 1:00pm
 Re: This technology will take time to effect total change - JkWa on 4/21/17 8:19pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.