Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Yikes! Such a simple, friendly question ....
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 2/12/18 11:43am Msg #589772
... met with so many nonanswers. But I might as well join in while we're on the subject cos it appears OP is not going to get any answers: I would never take docs from my notary biz and leave them with a bank or neighborhood mailbox store or Staples, etc. unless they shred on the spot, which in my experience they don't do. No way am I leaving other people's NPPI where somebody just might decide to go through it. Because after all, everybody knows the whole idea behind shredding is that there is a lot of very sensitive info in there. These places just take your docs and toss them in a receptacle to be dealt with later, long after you've left. My insurance company had free shredding day. I sat there and watched until I knew they had shredded, not just dumped, my papers in their truck. Call me paranoid but if there's one thing I'm super protective about it's my signers' NPPI.

BTW: I don't waste time shredding either . I'll watch TV or a movie and shred away. Problem is, my trash and recycle people hate shredded paper and refuse to take it, even bagged. So I'd be very interested in ideas on what to do with it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What do you do with your shredded paper? -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/11/18 3:42pm
 Re: What do you do with your shredded paper? -  Ilene C. Seidel on 2/11/18 3:59pm
 I never worry about shredded paper - Shoshana/AZ on 2/12/18 8:24am
 My bank shreds and disposes for free. n/m - Michael Friedel on 2/12/18 9:56am
 My bank around the corner from me disposes for free - grapebed on 2/12/18 10:42am
 Yikes! Such a simple, friendly question .... - BearPaw/CO on 2/12/18 11:43am
 Re: Yikes! Such a simple, friendly question .... - SteveS/CA on 2/12/18 12:00pm
 Thanks but no thanks, Steve n/m - BearPaw/CO on 2/12/18 12:41pm
 I have seen it used as fillers for gift baskets n/m - Louisiana33 on 2/13/18 10:25am
 Re: Yikes! Such a simple, friendly question .... -  VT_Syrup on 2/12/18 12:17pm
 No other composter people? n/m -  Agent/CA on 2/12/18 7:08pm
 Drop it off @ animal shelters for use in cages. - Lee/AR on 2/12/18 12:30pm
 Thanks, Lee! I'll ask humane society/vet if they an use it n/m - BearPaw/CO on 2/12/18 12:40pm
 Re: What do you do with your shredded paper? -  Agent/CA on 2/12/18 7:06pm
 Re: What do you do with your shredded paper? -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/12/18 9:23pm
 Cross Cut Shredded . . . - PegiT_MN on 2/12/18 10:39pm
 Re: What do you do with your shredded paper? -  Bee_CA on 2/14/18 6:57pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.