Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I had one from Vantage Point
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 6/14/18 10:38am Msg #594592
Sure title can increase their fees in the beginning for us, but for the most part, we are not called into play until the paperwork has been signed, the CD sent out according to TRID regulations. Title will not make that adjustment for you late in the game when you get called and you tell them your fees. They are in a competitive market as well, and they are trying to keep their costs low to keep their capture rate high.

Buyer's can shop for the title company, compare rates and fees in new homes...they try and keep everything as low as possible in closing costs. Seller's also look for the best deal to ease their closing costs, and they do want to see it itemized out.

Were I used to work, new home buyers would inquire to get a estimate of our title fees, and we would match the rates they found elsewhere. It's a hassle, but people do it.
This again is why most here went to using a SS. They know they will send that SS $150.00 or so and a given they find us for $100.00. No bargaining, no issues...it's straight and upfront. That $50.00 profit is up to the SS and the NSA to work out for distance or package size and such. It rarely gets billed back to title because the paperwork has been approved and signed. jmo
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Vantage Point - biglee/Ca on 6/13/18 8:23pm
 Re: Vantage Point - pdl/cali on 6/13/18 8:58pm
 Sadly, see lower fees a lot when TC moves to SD n/m - Lee/AR on 6/13/18 9:02pm
 I had one from Vantage Point - notarydi/CA on 6/14/18 9:16am
 Re: I had one from Vantage Point - ananotary on 6/14/18 9:27am
 Re: I had one from Vantage Point - Yoli/CA on 6/14/18 9:59am
 Re: I had one from Vantage Point - Luckydog on 6/14/18 10:38am
 Re: Vantage Point -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/14/18 12:57pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.