Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

NNA & Big Tech put notaries and the public in harms way
Posted by Lee/AR of AR on 4/11/19 10:31am Msg #605288
I watched the committee meeting and my takeaway was the the bill's sponsor--Calderon--never read it or, at the very least, has simply been parroting what he's been told by Big Tech. The Big Tech rep. met actual notaries objections (impacting their income---not the objections needed to sway the committee, imho) by saying it would 'increase our work'. If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale...

Maybe contacting ALL the committee members with your objections might help. Nobody probably even reads the bill, much less THINKS it thru. They're all probably thinking 'seems like a good progressive idea'. Just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Next Hearing Set - AB 199 The CA Online Notary Act of 2019 - Matt Miller on 4/11/19 10:02am
 Re: Just in case you missed it... - Matt Miller on 4/11/19 10:21am
 NNA & Big Tech put notaries and the public in harms way - Lee/AR on 4/11/19 10:31am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.