Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Read the whole thing and congratulate Matt & others
Posted by Lee/AR of AR on 4/21/19 12:27pm Msg #605637
for getting involved and organizing some opposition. Apparently, the powers-that-be are beginning to open their eyes to the very real dangers to the public (yeah, and huge financial liabilities to independent notaries, while absolving platforms from any liability for everything) that this bill advocates.

Honestly, this analysis was far more damning than I expected--given the power of those who support it. On page 1, the Synopsis, I found the first 9 words of the opening sentence of the 3rd paragraph (shown below in its entirety) particularly irksome:

"This bill is supported by a national notary group, a remote online notary provider, and trade
associations for realtors, credit unions, escrow agents, and mortgage bankers. The bill is
opposed by an electronic privacy organization, a legal services organization, a coalition of
notaries public, a notary business, and a trade association of licensed escrow agents."

DID THAT 'NATIONAL NOTARY GROUP' EVER EVEN ASK THEIR MEMBERS FOR INPUT? Yes, I know I'm shouting and it's intentional as we independent notaries should have had a voice in this matter--and it appears we do thanks to the opposition, but the proponents will keep pushing and it's up to US to push back. Please give Matt your support.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Oppose AB 199: Update - New Bill Analysis Available - Matt Miller on 4/21/19 10:53am
 Re: Oppose AB 199: Update - New Bill Analysis Available - SOCAL/CA on 4/21/19 11:20am
 Read the whole thing and congratulate Matt & others - Lee/AR on 4/21/19 12:27pm
 But the powerful next paragraph hits nail on the head! -  JanetK_CA on 4/21/19 6:34pm
 One more important thing to make clear to State Assembly -  JanetK_CA on 4/21/19 6:46pm
 Re:AB199 and remote notarizations - Julie Richardson on 4/21/19 7:32pm
 Thanks Matt for your advocacy! n/m - grapebed on 4/21/19 7:35pm
 Let's hope that Matt's efforts in CA will have a butterly -  MW/VA on 4/22/19 3:03pm
 Re: Let .... YES! I agree 100% n/m - jojo_MN on 4/22/19 5:04pm
 A very short letter from each of us can make a difference... -  JanetK_CA on 4/21/19 8:06pm
 A list of those in support and in opposition, just FYI. -  JanetK_CA on 4/21/19 8:11pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.