Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Side gigs--I saw an article on the internet this morning
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 5/13/19 1:51pm Msg #606389
This sounds like it might have some similarities to a franchise. It might be a great option for someone who has the resources. However, I would strongly caution anyone considering something like this to first hire some expertise to put together a detailed business plan and to do the numbers to make sure it makes good business sense.

You can be sure Amazon has already done their numbers, so they're looking out for themselves and wouldn't do this unless it was profitable for them. But there's no guarantee they're looking out for the people who take their offer. We've seen their history in how they hire and pay people in their warehouses. Cautionary tales can also be found with Uber, Lift and other companies that depend on 'gig' workers.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Side gigs--I saw an article on the internet this morning -  MW/VA on 5/13/19 9:08am
 Re: Side gigs--I saw an article on the internet this morning - Luckydog on 5/13/19 10:10am
 Re: Side gigs--I saw an article on the internet this morning -  Mike Goodey on 5/13/19 1:11pm
 Re: Side gigs--I saw an article on the internet this morning -  JanetK_CA on 5/13/19 1:51pm
 Re: Side gigs--I saw an article on the internet this morning -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/13/19 3:29pm
 Yes. It does seem that they're "outsourcing" the delivery -  MW/VA on 5/13/19 4:02pm
 Re: Side gigs--I saw an article on the internet this morning - MikeC/TX on 5/13/19 4:39pm
 Here you go - Luckydog on 5/14/19 10:55am
 Re: Here you go - Luckydog on 5/14/19 11:36am
 Re: Here you go - MikeC/TX on 5/14/19 4:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.