Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: What's legitimate to one may be nonsense to others
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 7/21/11 3:31pm Msg #390510
I agree with your first paragraph. Being "beat up" is also in the eye of the beholder. I don't ever condone personal attacks of any kind because verbal abuse is harmful and completely unproductive. However, many posters in the past have misinterpreted some honest constructive criticism. They didn't like the advice they'd been given after asking a question and then accused the responders of not being nice... Clearly a different issue.

And then once in a while we encounter those who may sometimes seem to be irrational in their posts to most of the rest of us. When we see a pattern of that, my opinion is that it's best to just ignore it, regardless of who it is. So I don't agree with your statement that "anyone who wants to take the time to respond has free reign." This just starts a feeding frenzy that seems to bring out the worst in everyone. It's also the type of thing that has sometimes given this board - specifically the posters here - a poor reputation. That hurts every one of us. Instead, I recommend we try to be grown ups and move on vs. encouraging that type of interaction.

As Cheryl said, those kinds of comments are unprofessional and they're completely unrelated to notary work, imo.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Nobhill can you explain to me last night's post? Msg #390280 n/m - Calnotary on 7/20/11 3:31pm
 I think she thinks that you're her stalker n/m -  Marian_in_CA on 7/20/11 3:40pm
 Calnotary - you have been here as long as I have. Are you -  BrendaTx on 7/20/11 8:40pm
 Re: Calnotary - you have been here as long as I have. Are you - Calnotary on 7/20/11 9:05pm
 Re: Nobhill: Oh that's Calnotary/Nobhill mentioned Calnotary -  Stephanie Santiago on 7/20/11 4:01pm
 Nobhill's posts are a weird distraction from the same ole... n/m - mwm143 on 7/20/11 8:36pm
 Re: Nobhill can you explain to me last night's post? Msg #390280 -  101livescan on 7/21/11 10:42am
 I am beginning to share a sentiment with some others -  jba/fl on 7/21/11 10:49am
 Re: Nobhill can you explain to me last night's post? Msg #390280 - Ali/IL on 7/21/11 11:38am
 Re: Nobhill can you explain to me last night's post? Msg #390280 -  Marian_in_CA on 7/21/11 11:50am
 What's legitimate to one may be nonsense to others - mwm143 on 7/21/11 11:59am
 Re: What's legitimate to one may be nonsense to others -  JanetK_CA on 7/21/11 3:31pm
 Thank you, Marian! Very well said! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 7/21/11 3:15pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.