Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

One thing those of us know who've been doing this for 15+yrs
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 4/20/17 8:24am Msg #573945
Change is inevitable. Our business is highly volatile to swings in trends we have no control over.

Always have a backup plan...in February I resigned myself that business was going to be down 50% and I took this opportunity to delve into other home-based projects that I've neglected for many years because I was so busy...2010 through 2014 were great years, 2015 not so good since I was taking care of my mother in her last year, 2016 got better, but 2017, well, that's another story...I was able to draw on some asset accounts to carry me forward. Things are swinging up, and I've re-engineered myself yet one more time, getting better fees and fewer files, better time management, better clients.

SNAP DOCS IS NOT OUR FRIEND. They've contributed majorly to the drop in fees, work availability, and I would never work for a platform where deadbeat SS's can rate notaries and completely sabotage reputations as a professional NSA.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 slow, slow, and slower -  PA_NOTARY on 4/18/17 7:39pm
 NO! You did not overprice yourself! - Lee/AR on 4/18/17 7:49pm
 Re: slow, slow, and slower - ML/PA on 4/18/17 8:16pm
 Re: slow, slow, and slower -  PA_NOTARY on 4/19/17 7:48am
 Don't lose heart, PA... -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/18/17 9:46pm
 Re: Don -  JanetK_CA on 4/20/17 2:16am
 One thing those of us know who've been doing this for 15+yrs -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/20/17 8:24am
 Agree w/Lee "don't lower your standard" fees.Implement PlanB -  Christine/OK on 4/19/17 8:23am
 Good advise Christine! n/m - Luckydog on 4/19/17 6:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.