Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: POA.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 5/18/17 6:08pm Msg #575258
This is probably a matter of individual judgment, but it's always seemed to me that taking something like capacity that's not allowed to be in a notary cert and just putting it at the bottom of the same page doesn't make it OK. I realize that technically we're not "certifying" it if it's not in the actual certificate portion, but when it's on the same page, most people will see it as a part of the same. So it seems to me to be going contrary to the intent of what our law states. That's my personal take on it.

Also, I realize that the XYZ "All Purpose" certificates include that info, but I suspect their certificates are designed for use in multiple states. Does anyone know differently? (Naturally, if they have different ones for each state, I'd only have seen the ones for CA.) Further, just because they do it, still doesn't make it right... Wink Another thing from the example provided above - again, just for CA - is the "Personally Known" option, which is no longer allowed here.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 POA. - SC/CA on 5/18/17 2:09pm
 just did one yesterday.... - notarydi/CA on 5/18/17 2:57pm
 Re: POA. - HeatherR/CA on 5/18/17 3:00pm
 The person who APPEARED is the husband... - NVLSlady/VA on 5/18/17 3:04pm
 Re: The person who APPEARED is the husband... -  JanetK_CA on 5/18/17 3:23pm
 Re: The person who APPEARED is the husband... - NVLSlady/VA on 5/18/17 3:35pm
 Not that I can recently recall "husband, wife" certs! n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 5/18/17 3:36pm
 Yes, always. Also "Trustee", etc. Or replace the cert. n/m -  JanetK_CA on 5/18/17 5:56pm
 Re: POA. - HeatherR/CA on 5/18/17 5:30pm
 Re: POA. -  JanetK_CA on 5/18/17 6:08pm
 Re: POA - Laurie Manzanares on 5/18/17 6:34pm
 Re: POA. -  John/CT on 5/18/17 6:44pm
 Re: POA. -  janCA on 5/19/17 9:11am
 Important point John/CT! AIF cannot swear for anyone but -  sigtogo/OR on 5/19/17 4:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.