Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Parcel Post Notary
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 3/14/18 8:30pm Msg #591151
saved previous client today and reduced MY stress considerably. Guy contacts me this a.m. to say he's just been to court house with a Will I notarized (he is Executor) in Dec 2016 and he needed to find "another notary." I'm like, What!?? Finally put the pieces together and probate court wanted the original notary witness to sign a deposition swearing to testator's cognizance, signed in my presence, all that. He is frantic and says court needs this first thing tomorrow morning and could I sign today. I wasn't anywhere near him and was going to be tied up all afternoon; then there's the business of "the other notary."

He agrees to come to me, but WHERE would we meet? I suggested one of his banks (he had a few) but warned of the possibility they wouldn't accommodate. The BB&T branch we visited told us they didn't even have a notary on site. I don't know if I believed him or not - but it was a small branch and I didn't see any other "desk" personnel. I think he was slightly annoyed we weren't there to do any business with him. I had executor give his other bank a call (think it was Capital One) to check; answer was another 'no,' of course. Soooo. . . after googling UPS store (too far) and Parcel Post, we trekked over there. Friendly notary took out her journal, saw my ID, while I completed the Deposition Form for my traveling companion! Date of original notarization, testator's name, my name/address, then the other stuff I mentioned.

My signature was notarized, a $5 fee was charged the customer and we were happy campers. I've worked with this guy on other estate docs for the now deceased man. He was so grateful that together we solved his problem that he wanted to pay ME, too. I told him it wasn't necessary; he's the one chasing me down to make it work. He insisted, gave me a $20 bill, said he'd be calling me again, and I hurried to my next errand. Pleased for the convenience of the Parcel Post, and I, for one thought the store's small "surcharge" was definitely worth it.

p.s. No oath was requested (you knew that, though, Right!), so I raised my right hand and affirmed to store notary that all was true. She smiled and said, "I never do that." Smile
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Parcel Post Notary - NVLSlady/VA on 3/14/18 8:30pm
 Re: Parcel Post Notary -  JanetK_CA on 3/14/18 11:02pm
 Re: Parcel Post Notary n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 3/15/18 9:27am
 Re: hasn't completed the notarization - NVLSlady/VA on 3/15/18 9:31am
 And on the subject of "Completing the notarization" - NVLSlady/VA on 3/15/18 9:53am
 Re: And on the subject of "Completing the notarization" -  JanetK_CA on 3/15/18 2:55pm
 I'm glad you were able to accommodate the situation. -  MW/VA on 3/15/18 9:48am
 I'm glad you were able to accommodate - NVLSlady/VA on 3/15/18 10:15am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.