Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I need some real advice from all who are willing to give it
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 10/10/18 2:08pm Msg #599239
Now that you're better informed, you can make some different decisions going forward. I agree with the others about being cautious before investing in a bunch of expensive equipment. Short term, you might still be able to get some good value from your commission by focusing on your General Notary Work (GNW) dealing with the public, as Cheryl suggested. Get your business cards and name out there with people and companies who need notary services. You likely won't need additional overhead (although there are always costs involved with promoting any business).

One thing where I disagree with others is focusing immediately on marketing to title and escrow companies before you have some good experience under your belt. When you work direct, which is the ideal place to be, they expect you to already know your business inside and out, and have little patience for learning curves and/or mistakes. So you could burn your bridges that way before you even get started.

You haven't mentioned anything about your circumstances or background, but if finding a full time job is a possibility for you, that may be your best bet in this economy. Perhaps you could even find something where having a notary commission would be an asset.

Best of luck!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I need some real advice from all who are willing to give it - Natassia Parker on 10/8/18 6:27pm
 Are you trying to do this full time or for side income? - Colonel/IA on 10/8/18 8:36pm
 Suggest you try to find job at Title Company or with a lende - Jules on 10/8/18 8:53pm
 Re: I need some real advice from all who are willing to give it -  VT_Syrup on 10/8/18 8:53pm
 Read just the last few pages for some insight - Lee/AR on 10/9/18 5:53am
 Re: I need some real advice from all who are willing to give it -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/9/18 6:47am
 Re: I need some real advice from all who are willing to give it - grapebed on 10/9/18 10:04am
 Re: I need some real advice from all who are willing to give it -  JanetK_CA on 10/9/18 1:12pm
 Re: I need some real advice from all who are willing to give it - Natassia Parker on 10/10/18 10:39am
 I hope you didn't get taken in by XYZ & their claims about -  MW/VA on 10/10/18 11:31am
 At least you found that out before you invested in a lot -  MW/VA on 10/10/18 11:31am
 Re: I need some real advice from all who are willing to give it -  JanetK_CA on 10/10/18 2:08pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.