Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Scam from Emily Williams looking for a notary
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/11/19 2:02pm Msg #602019
I don't think it's the numbers site. I'm still listed there, but I didn't get either of the last two that were posted about here. It's tough to know.

The worst part of these emails, IMO, is that there are some legit people out there in the world who aren't much more literate (or capable of writing a good sentence), which makes it difficult to decide whether or not to reply. For some, it's because English isn't their primary language (and that doesn't mean they're off-shore). For others, I find myself wanting to blame it on young people who primarily communicate via text, but that's probably no more fair. I guess we just have to remain careful and be aware when we might be taking a risk.

I also believe it's helpful for forum members to continue to post about those here. If one sounds good, but multiple people over a wide area (beyond a reasonable travel distance) are getting the same thing, especially over a period of time, it's a safe bet that it's a scam.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Scam from Emily Williams looking for a notary -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/11/19 9:02am
 Re: Scam from Emily Williams looking for a notary - Luckydog on 1/11/19 9:32am
 Re: Scam from Emily Williams looking for a notary -  JanetK_CA on 1/11/19 2:02pm
 Re: Scam from Emily Williams looking for a notary - Lee/AR on 1/11/19 9:33am
 Re: Scam from Emily Williams looking for a notary -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/11/19 10:58am
 You can always trace the IP address. n/m - Luckydog on 1/11/19 3:57pm
 how about you received it as a "bcc" - Linda_H/FL on 1/12/19 10:19am
 Re: how about you received it as a "bcc" - Luckydog on 1/12/19 10:45am
 Re: Scam from Emily Williams looking for a notary -  Greg Wilson on 1/13/19 6:10pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.