Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Please help keep our Seniors Safe
Posted by  HeatherR/CA of CA on 2/5/19 12:07pm Msg #602864

Please help keep our elders safe. Report any abuse you might suspect to Police and APS.
I was hired from my Ad on the internet to Notarize a Seller's Documents for a Florida Property by a young person who claimed to be from Florida and had a phone number to back it up. When I arrived, the Signer, Mrs. Doe, seemed disoriented, nervous and with poor memory. She had just lost her husband in December. She was claiming that a property Manager was trying to steal her properties, she had no money and no one to help her. The young lady kept talking for Mrs Doe and insisted she was the buyer and had come all the way from Florida to help Mrs. Doe feel comfortable with the sale. She was going to be the 1st witness on the Deed (NOPE, not if you are the buyer) and someone else was on the way to be 2nd witness. (Friend of BUYER Sketchy) Not friend of seller or neighborlike I suggested earlier on the phone..
After a few pertinent questions, I advised Mrs Doe to find an attorney. Walked out and called the Escondido Police who were concerned and arrived in 15 Minutes to take care of the issue.
Kristina suggested APS. They were thankful I called and will be assigning someone to Mrs. Doe's case.

Please report any suspected abuse.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Please help keep our Seniors Safe -  HeatherR/CA on 2/5/19 12:07pm
 Great work, Heather, & thanks (as always) for sharing.__:)__ n/m -  Christine/OK on 2/5/19 1:28pm
 Thanks for caring and acting on your suspicions. n/m - Yoli/CA on 2/5/19 1:43pm
 Re: Please help keep our Seniors Safe - pdl/cali on 2/5/19 1:58pm
 Re: Keep Seniors Safe. APS just called to get the story - HeatherR/CA on 2/5/19 2:44pm
 Your post made me smile. - Michelle/AL on 2/6/19 6:59am
 Good work! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 2/6/19 10:07am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.